GDT: Buffalo at Nashville 3-27-14 at 8:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

logo.png

GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

134722059_slide.jpg

GAME #73: BUF (20-44-8) at NSH (31-31-11) – THU MAR 27 – 8:00 PM EDT – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Final Lineup

82 Marcus Foligno – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford ("A")

88 Cory Conacher – 19 Cody Hodgson – 23 Ville Leino

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 65 Brian Flynn – 27 Matt D’Agostini

32 John Scott – 22 Johan Larsson – 37 Matt Ellis

X: 17 Torrey Mitchell (undisclosed), 28 Zemgus Girgensons (LBI), 80 Chris Stewart (ankle), 24 Zenon Konopka (back)

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 5 Chad Ruhwedel

6 Mike Weber – 4 Jamie McBain

X: 52 Alexander Sulzer (LBI), 57 Tyler Myers (LBI)

31 Matt Hackett

50 Nathan Lieuwen

X: 1 Jhonas Enroth (LBI), 34 Michal Neuvirth (LBI)

Lineup News & Notes

F Zemgus Girgensons (LBI), F Chris Stewart (ankle), F Zenon Konopka (back), D Alex Sulzer (LBI), G Jhonas Enroth (LBI), and G Michal Neuvirth (LBI) were scratches in Tuesday's 2-0 loss at Montreal.

Weekly Transactions

03/24: Assigned D Rasmus Ristolainen to Rochester (AHL).

03/26: Recalled (emergency basis) D Rasmus Ristolainen and F Johan Larsson from Rochester (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, the Sabres have gone 1-9-0.

Tyler Ennis has a goal and an assist in Buffalo's past three games and lead the Sabres with 19 goals and 38 points.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS SmileyNVP.png

Final Lineup

27 Patrick Hornqvist ("A") – 7 Matt Cullen – 12 Mike Fisher ("A")

57 F Gabriel Borque – 15 Craig Smith – 19 Call Jarnkrok

24 Eric Nystrom – 13 Nick Spaling – 33 Colin Wilson

25 Viktor Stalberg – 84 Colton Sissons – 16 Richard Clune

X: 17 Patrick Eaves (LBI), 28 Paul Gaustad (UBI)

59 Roman Josi – 6 Shea Weber ("C")

4 Ryan Ellis – 42 Mattias Ekholm

5 Michael Del Zotto – 64 Victor Bartley

X: 3 Seth Jones (concussion)

30 Carter Hutton

35 Pekka Rinne

Lineup News & Notes

Nashville scratched F Patrick Eaves, F Paul Gaustad, and D Seth Jones in Tuesday's 5-4 SO loss vs Colorado.

Weekly Transactions

03/23: Recalled F Filip Forsberg from Milwaukee (AHL).

03/25: Reassigned F Filip Forsberg to Milwaukee (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, Nashville has gone 5-4-1.

Rookie C Calle Jarnkrok has three assists in three games since being acquired from the Detroit Red Wings.

PREGAME LINKS

03/26 – GAME RECAP: SABRES PENALTY WOES CONTINUE IN LOSS TO HABS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/25 – GAME RECAP: Landeskog helps Avalanche rally past Predators (John Manasso – NHL.com)

03/26 – GAME PREVIEW: Sabres finish five-game trip vs. Predators (Davis Harper – NHL.com)

03/26 – BEYOND THE BOARDS: INJURIES CREATE OPPORTUNITIES FOR PLAYERS LIKE HACKETT (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/26 – GAME PREVIEW: Preds vs. Sabres (Alexis Witman – Nashville Predators)

03/26 – Game DAY INFO: Sabres vs. Predators (Predators.com)

03/26 – Game Preview: 3/27/14 at Nashville Predators (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/26 – Sabres at Predators Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)03/26 – Dan Dunleavy recaps Wednesday's practice at Bridgestone Arena. <1:56>

03/26 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Wednesday's practice at Bridgestone Arena. <4:06>

03/26 – John Scott speaks with the media following Wednesday's practice at Bridgestone Arena. <1:00>

03/26 – Matt Hackett speaks with the media following Wednesday's practice at Bridgestone Arena. <2:42>

03/26 – Brian Flynn speaks with the media following Wednesday's practice at Bridgestone Arena. <2:46>

03/27 – Press Clips: 3/27/14 at Nashville Predators (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/27 – THE MORNING SKATE: RISTOLAINEN, LARSSON BACK ON EMERGENCY BASIS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/27 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at Bridgestone Arena. <4:47>

03/27 – Dan Dunleavy previews Thursday night's game against the Predators at Bridgestone Arena. <2:27>

03/27 – Mike Weber speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at Bridgestone Arena. <1:12>

03/27 – Rasmus Ristolainen speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at Bridgestone Arena. <2:01>

03/27 – Marcus Foligno speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at Bridgestone Arena. <4:10>

03/27 – Johan Larsson speaks with the media prior to Thursday night's game against the Predators at Bridgestone Arena. <2:20>

03/27 – Joe Sacco speaks with Sabres.com prior to Thursday night's game against the Predators at Bridgestone Arena. <1:09>

POSTGAME LINKS

03/28 – NHL POST-GAME NEWSLETTER: Buffalo Sabres @ Nashville Predators (NHL.com)

03/28 – GAME RECAP: Weber, rookies lead Predators in rout of Sabres (John Manasso – NHL.com)

03/27 – Brian Duff and Dan Dunleavy recap the Sabres 6-1 loss to the Predators. <4:57>

03/27 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 6-1 loss to the Predators. <3:10>

03/27 – Matt Hackett speaks with the media following the Sabres 6-1 loss to the Predators to the Predators. <1:29>

03/27 – Rasmus Ristolainen speaks with the media following the Sabres 6-1 loss to the Predators. <1:31>

03/27 – Christian Ehrhoff speaks with the media following the Sabres 6-1 loss to the Predators. <1:16>

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Looks as if Tyler Myers will be out again, I haven't heard if it's a new injury after being tripped into the net the other night, or if it's still the elbow. I don't think he looked ready to play against the Habs, he looked tentative and slow to react, possibly because he was unsure of the elbow.

Against all odds, I'm gonna predict that Ville Leino is going to score tonight, not one goal, but two. I will not go as far to say, whose net they'll be in, but he will net two of them.

As always, great job 26, thank you.

Edited by kishoph

Not as knowledgeable as a lot of you guys...who is Larson (#22) and what can we expect from him??

Thanks 26CornerBlitz for these pregame updates

ArtWanderer (BringBackFergy from TBD)

Larson came to the Sabres in the Pominville trade, he played about 15-20 games early this season, he hasn't played since the beginning of the year. I don't think he scored (to lazy to look it up this morning), but I know the Sabres where high on him during training camp, but I think he was sent down to the Amerks after not producing with the Sabres (they could send the whole team down for that reason).

Larson came to the Sabres in the Pominville trade, he played about 15-20 games early this season, he hasn't played since the beginning of the year. I don't think he scored (to lazy to look it up this morning), but I know the Sabres where high on him during training camp, but I think he was sent down to the Amerks after not producing with the Sabres (they could send the whole team down for that reason).

thanks for the info.

Looks as if Tyler Myers will be out again, I haven't heard if it's a new injury after being tripped into the net the other night, or if it's still the elbow. I don't think he looked ready to play against the Habs, he looked tentative and slow to react, possibly because he was unsure of the elbow.

The other night everyone was talking about his hip when he hit the post, but I wonder whether the already tender elbow took a good part of the hit. They said it was an infection which implies a wound; maybe he tore it open and it's just raw and at risk of infection again.

The other night everyone was talking about his hip when he hit the post, but I wonder whether the already tender elbow took a good part of the hit. They said it was an infection which implies a wound; maybe he tore it open and it's just raw and at risk of infection again.

If that is the case we should just shut Myers down for the year. He can fully heal and start preparing for next year.

If that is the case we should just shut Myers down for the year. He can fully heal and start preparing for next year.

That's probably a bit strong, as well as fueling the case that the Sabres are tanking (although at this point it's moot). If he's healthy, he should play. The whole team has a nice long off-season to heal.

Official word:

@BuffaloSabres

NEWS: The #Sabres have recalled Rasmus Ristolainen and Johan Larsson from @AmerksHockey on an emergency basis.

BUFFALO, N.Y. (March 27, 2014) --- The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has recalled defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen and forward Johan Larsson from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an emergency basis.

Ristolainen (10/27/94, 6'4", 219 lbs) joins the Sabres for the third time this season, most recently for a five-game stint after being recalled on March 15. While playing with the Amerks this season, Ristolainen has recorded 18 points (6+12) through 31 games played. The Turku, Finland native was the Sabres' first-round draft selection (eighth overall) in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. He signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the club in July 2013.

Larsson (7/25/92, 5'11", 206 lbs) returns to the Sabres after last being recalled on Jan. 1 for a three-game stint in Buffalo. He has played in 45 AHL games for the Amerks during his time in Rochester this season, notching 39 points (15+24). Through parts of two NHL seasons, Larsson has played in 22 games for the Sabres and the Minnesota Wild, tallying one assist. The Sabres acquired Larsson as part of a trade with the Wild in April 2013.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres are starting to take the ice for the morning skate here in Nashville. Ristolainen's skating.

It's an optional skate. Seven forwards, three defensemen, Hackett and Lieuwen participating. #sabres -CR

Marcus Foligno, who didn't skate yesterday, is on the ice. Myers, Mitchell and Konopka are not skating today. #sabres -CR

Matt Hackett is the first goaltender off the ice. #sabres -CR

Nolan says Myers and Mitchell are out tonight. Myers is day-to-day while Mitchell could be out a little longer. #sabres -CR

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I wish they would leave the better players in Rochester so at least they could compete for a playoff spot. 8 straight losses and they're dropping in the standings. Call up the Amerks scrubs and send Risto, Rhuwedel, Delaurias, Ellis, and Lieuwan back. The Sabres don't need to win, the Amerks do. Keep Hackett and bring up Makarov.

I wish they would leave the better players in Rochester so at least they could compete for a playoff spot. 8 straight losses and they're dropping in the standings. Call up the Amerks scrubs and send Risto, Rhuwedel, Delaurias, Ellis, and Lieuwan back. The Sabres don't need to win, the Amerks do. Keep Hackett and bring up Makarov.

The needs of the parent club outweigh those of the farm club.

The Sabres don't have a lot of talent, and watching them play can be maddening, but you dress the best guys in the organization.

The needs of the parent club outweigh those of the farm club.

The Sabres don't have a lot of talent, and watching them play can be maddening, but you dress the best guys in the organization.

Although I agree with this, by helping the Amerks make the playoffs it will give some of our young guys some playoff experience which in turn will help the Sabres down the road. I think it's very important for guys like Risto and Pysyk to play in the AHL playoffs and there's a good chance Grigo's junior team will be eliminated soon and he can get some AHL playoff hockey in this season too. I would be totally fine with the Sabres going with Hackett and Markov or someone on the big club and sending back Risto.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.