move Zadorov to forward?

pi2000

He actually has the same skillset as Pronger and Stevens. While everyone wanted Myers to be that, here is a guy who might actually be able to come close some day. I think we choked on pick #8, but evened it out at #16.

Choked? Have you seen Ristolainen play? The kid is going to be a stud. They are loaded on defense for the future. Now the target becomes Connor McDavid in 2015 and whomever they pick first overall this season.

Choked? Have you seen Ristolainen play? The kid is going to be a stud. They are loaded on defense for the future. Now the target becomes Connor McDavid in 2015 and whomever they pick first overall this season.

I'm guessing GoDD wanted either Bo Horvat at 8 or Valeri Nichushkin and that is what he meant by choked on the pick.

So, what's your itch?

Liger's initial response was clear and concise. My itch to elaborate was for me to more thoroughly explain why it was a bad idea to make Zadorov a forward, reinforcing Liger's repsonse.

Am I going to?

No.

Don't do it man. Not worth it.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

I'm guessing GoDD wanted either Bo Horvat at 8 or Valeri Nichushkin and that is what he meant by choked on the pick.

Yes...on a team depleted at forward and grit, there were 3 or 4 options. Zadarov seems to be good value at #16 at this point and looking at the 2 together, it looks ok. If someone came knocking and said, "We will give you a bonafide #1 center for Hodgson and your choice of Zadorov or Ristolainen"....who would you give up in that deal right now? Sort of like last year with Grigorenko and Girgensons.....we seem to be hitting homeruns with gritty, big boy hockey players with not as much offensive upside which is a refreshing change.

That being said, if Myers really does have his head out of his A, I would be very tempted to grab Ekbald this year and keep trading for forward prospects in numbers, hoping you hit on a few. A defense of Ekbald/Zadorov/Myers/Ehrhoff/Ristolainen/Pysyk the next 5+ years and a little luck in net...and maybe you are a real perennial contender 3-4 years out.

I'm just not that impressed with Ristolainen. What does he do out there that makes him a special player? He looks slow to me, slow footed, lacking quickness and top end speed. When he turns from backward to forward guys are blowing right by him. Sure he's got good size and can pass pretty well, but it's not like he's a shutdown guy or is generating any scoring chances. I see him as the second coming of Dmitri Kalinin.

I also don't get why they didn't recall Pysyk instead... is he injured? I mean, I think Risto could benefit more from playing in Roch. Pysyk is more NHL ready IMO.

Wait you don't like ristolainen, but you want to convert zadorov to a forward because we have a lot of defensive prospects....?

So pysyk and McCabe and that's it?

Pysyk, McCabe, Myers, Ristolainen, Ehrhoff and Ruhwedel/Ekblad

move Zadorov to forward, yes. Ristolainen is servicable, but I just don't see all-star potential there. Maybe an Alex Edler at best?

Sekera. What happened there? He has 44 points (top 10 in D scoring), and is a +1. Shea Weber has 46 points and is a -9. I mean... really?

move Zadorov to forward, yes. Ristolainen is servicable, but I just don't see all-star potential there. Maybe an Alex Edler at best?

Sekera. What happened there? He has 44 points (top 10 in D scoring), and is a +1. Shea Weber has 46 points and is a -9. I mean... really?

He played on a Regier team.

No.

to the 2nd bolded because now I am annoyed. You don't see all star potential in Ristolainen, that is fine. However you think Zadorov is so good that we should move him from his spot on defense to offense even though Zadorov realistically has all the tools to become and all star defender. Why the hell would you move a potential all star defender to forward and ###### up the one chance you have at having a powerhouse on your back 6? It makes absolutely no sense. Lets cut off the nose to spite the face.

Edited by LGR4GM

I'm just not that impressed with Ristolainen. What does he do out there that makes him a special player? He looks slow to me, slow footed, lacking quickness and top end speed. When he turns from backward to forward guys are blowing right by him. Sure he's got good size and can pass pretty well, but it's not like he's a shutdown guy or is generating any scoring chances. I see him as the second coming of Dmitri Kalinin.

I also don't get why they didn't recall Pysyk instead... is he injured? I mean, I think Risto could benefit more from playing in Roch. Pysyk is more NHL ready IMO.

Risto isn't a defensive d-man, he's a two way defender. He's young but showed great leadership ay the WJC.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off these kids abilities.

Wait you don't like ristolainen, but you want to convert zadorov to a forward because we have a lot of defensive prospects....?

So pysyk and McCabe and that's it?

There is no way they move zads to forward.

Ding, ###### the thread is dead.

EDIT:

What? Did I say a bad word?

"Eric did you just say the F word?"

"Jew?"

"No he's talking about f##k. You can't say f### in school you f#####g fat#ss"

Oooo south park, how amusing you are sometimes. I would post the youtube but it is rather F bomb heavy and well I probably post one to many youtubes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.