GDT: Montreal at Buffalo 3-16-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

I will just say this: The officiating last night was very pro-Original-6. There were countless infractions committed by the Habs that the refs just totally disregarded, while they called a lot of iffy stuff against the Sabres. When they did the replay of one of the penalties, Rob Ray was saying, "oh here it is, no wait, it must be that...or..." In other words, there was no infraction committed by a Sabre, but the penalty was called anyway. Then Deslauriers (or however you spell it) gets smacked in the face with a stick and no call. Come on.

Deslauriers is a keeper. I like his effort, I like his skill set. He's not first line material, but he can chip in and isn't afraid to lay the body on the other team. He seems to know how to use his size without drawing the penalty (something Myers has struggled with).

I root for wins, but at this point I'm just trying to get to know the Sabres team for next year. A lot of these names will be with us until all these draft picks and prospects are ready for the bigs.

IMHO, he's not an NHL defenseman.

Yeah. I think physically it is obvious that Risto is an NHL defenseman. He is big and fast and has pretty good instincts. He just needs experience. Rudy on the other hand I think is a little bit physically overmatched. He can get overpowered by bigger forwards. Usually little defenseman either need a bulldog mentality or they need to be purely offensive guys (e.g. Ellis down in Nashville).

I'm not too sure about Rudy's long term future with this team.

I urge all the fans at the game to start raining garbage down on the players and especially Pegula.

Are you kidding? No one would dare do anything to Saint Pegula, none of this can be his fault, He builds multi-pad rinks for the community and provides them with a pretty new locker room, he also got ride of Ruff and Regier and has convinced everyone that being worse then horrible is the only way that a team can build a cup contender

When I hear the powers that be talk of suffering and patience, I'm not holding out much hope for being entertained. Let go, embrace the tank, and believe in the hope of better days to come.

mmmmmm, the Kool-aid is good!

Are you kidding? No one would dare do anything to Saint Pegula, none of this can be his fault, He builds multi-pad rinks for the community and provides them with a pretty new locker room, he also got ride of Ruff and Regier and has convinced everyone that being worse then horrible is the only way that a team can build a cup contender

Straw men! Straw men everywhere!

...deslauriers continues to impress...leino is still useless...

And unfortunately since they play on the same line they cancel each other out. How about putting Deslauriers on the line with Foligno & Hodgson? (Or do Deslauriers and Foligno play the same side?)

And yet not a Sabre does anything about it. Run the goalie, slash the goalie, punch the littlest guy in the face numerous times in front of our bench and not a thing done. Nolan has taken the little balls this team had left and nurtured them. Just about every game someone takes liberties with the Sabres goalie or one of the smaller forwards and nothing is done. With players like Scott and Konopka in the lineup, this should not be happening. Softest team in hockey.

Nurtured them? LOL! Interesting imagery that presents.

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

If you've arrived at this point in your hopelessness, perhaps it's time for Jim Jones to mix up a batch for your Sabres fandom.

And for the record, I've been a fan of bottoming out and jumping off the treadmill of mediocrity long before "suffering" and "patience" became buzzwords down at FNC.

If the D is so good, why are the Sabres routinely allowing 40+ shots per game.

He said the future, not the present. Risto, Pysek, Zadorov, and Myers. Plus this team is the worst for puck possession, and that's mostly due to the forwards.

Enroth just tweeted a picture of his leg in an air cast (?) with a caption "For the next couple weeks...."

a41a2032ae0611e3a84b12ec4dc1b49e_8.jpg

None among Girgensons, Myers, Sulzer, and Enroth are going on the five game road trip. Mitchell is back in tomorrow against the Flames: Ted Nolan speaks with the media on Monday at First Niagara Center

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Rhuwedel is getting comfortable, he and Risto look like they belong with the Sabres

Can't believe they got shutout by a third string goalie, well actually it's not that hard to believe I guess

FWIW, Montreal was shut out by and emergency callup thrid-string G (Lieuwen) for 1+ periods.

@SabresPR

The #Sabres have recalled goaltender Matt Hackett from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League (AHL).

Oh this road trip is going to get interesting. I'm very pro tank but with us missing arguably our best forward in Girgs, our best dman in Myers and now going with 2 AHL goalies this could get real ugly. I know it's ugly now but damn if we blow the tank at this point then we really are cursed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.