GDT: Montreal at Buffalo 3-16-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

I believe the Sabres are now officially mathematically eliminated from 2014 playoff contention. The 2nd tier wildcard team today are the Rangers - with 76 points. The Sabres with 46 points, only have 14 games, and 28 points left, which limits them to 74 points max - realistically they'll be lucky to capture 14 of 28 points.

Stick a fork in them - they're done. They're playing for nothing now, except jobs in 2015.

They got eliminated last night when Columbus won.

Hodgson must be confused and horrified seeing the hairs growing on his chest.

Now for some extremely talented forwards.

That's why I think there's a chance they could ice an eighth place team next season if GMTM is on his game this summer.

That stickwork by Subban was absolutely reckless! The league needs to look at that. He's slowly begining to overtake Chara on my list of most hated player.

And yet not a Sabre does anything about it. Run the goalie, slash the goalie, punch the littlest guy in the face numerous times in front of our bench and not a thing done. Nolan has taken the little balls this team had left and nurtured them. Just about every game someone takes liberties with the Sabres goalie or one of the smaller forwards and nothing is done. With players like Scott and Konopka in the lineup, this should not be happening. Softest team in hockey.

And yet not a Sabre does anything about it. Run the goalie, slash the goalie, punch the littlest guy in the face numerous times in front of our bench and not a thing done. Nolan has taken the little balls this team had left and nurtured them. Just about every game someone takes liberties with the Sabres goalie or one of the smaller forwards and nothing is done. With players like Scott and Konopka in the lineup, this should not be happening. Softest team in hockey.

I saw at least Weber on the ice when Subban took out Dags in the 1st with the attempted knee on knee. Nothing.Not sure I blame Nolan for that, I think the rest of the team finally mailed it in.

MSG production had as bad a night as the Sabres on the ice.

Both Lieuwen and Hackett may have to head out west if Neuvirth is unable to dress on Tuesday for the Flames. Amerks could have a tandem of Makarov and Knapp.

Didn't realize Makarov was in the ECHL. Pretty pedestrian numbers so far.

Knapp is currently playing for the Alaska Aces. Hell of a plane ride back to Rochester. I think Ullmark's team lost in the Swedish playoffs, I wonder if they could bring him over.

Sabres should just sign Biron as emergency backup for rest of season.

Watching the game on DVR...subban is a punk...looks like Sabres got the short end on penalty calls once again...why does this team refuse to stick up for each other?...deslauriers continues to impress...leino is still useless...both goals were tough luck, bad bounces although the Canadien do crash the net...conacher has balls!...Ellis played hard his first few games and hasn't done much since...someone shoulda beat up Gallagher...subban is a punk

There were way way too many Canadien fans there

McBain is an idiot, I hope he's gone next year

Nice debut for lieuwen

Rhuwedel is getting comfortable, he and Risto look like they belong with the Sabres

Can't believe they got shutout by a third string goalie, well actually it's not that hard to believe I guess

Shanahan should atleast review Subbans play but he prolly won't

Ellis played hard his first few games and hasn't done much since...

Are you referring to his half season back in '08 with the Sabres?

Ruhwedel has been inconsistent from what I've seen, although I didn't watch a second of tonight's game.

IMHO, he's not an NHL defenseman.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.