Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Which Vikings were the refs star struck by today, resulting in yet another series of unfair calls against the Bills?

When was the last time the refs were not biased against the Bills? Surely it must've happened at some point?

There have been many games where the calls went both way equally, but we've been really bad for a really long time, so, I really can't remember when the calls have been biased in our favor.

Snark if you must, but it's a real thing. I remember seeing an interview with Jimmy Johnson and him laughing at how it was strangely coincidental that once they got good, they started to get the calls that he knew they weren't getting when they were 2 and 14.

And like I said upthread, a couple more games like that for Sammy and he'll start to get those PI calls.

There have been many games where the calls went both way equally, but we've been really bad for a really long time, so, I really can't remember when the calls have been biased in our favor.

Snark if you must, but it's a real thing. I remember seeing an interview with Jimmy Johnson and him laughing at how it was strangely coincidental that once they got good, they started to get the calls that he knew they weren't getting when they were 2 and 14.

And like I said upthread, a couple more games like that for Sammy and he'll start to get those PI calls.

But Minnesota stinks. If your theory is accurate, the Bills should've gotten more calls than the Vilings got. Is that what happened?

A strange thing is happening to me. I haven't cared about football in probably 15 years. I could count on the fingers of 1 hand the number of games I'd watch each season and have fingers left over.

I've watched every Bills game so far this season. And I am sitting here watching Stevie Johnson catch a pass for a TD on a Sunday night game that never would have had my attention in the past.

And I couldn't care less about who the Sabres next opponent is. I've never favored football over hockey.

The Bills are somehow 4-3 despite week after week of garbage play calling. Imagine if our offense was being managed properly?

definitely could have beat the Texans. Which could come back to haunt us.

Bills can win 4 of the next 5. Do that and all we'll need to do is beat the Raiders and steal one more of the final 4 in order to miss the playoffs on a tiebreaker with the Texans.

But Minnesota stinks. If your theory is accurate, the Bills should've gotten more calls than the Vilings got. Is that what happened?

I don't know who got more penalties today and I don't really care. All I know is there were two plays against Sammy Watkins, one of which that was on the 2 yard line that wasn't called. If someone can give me a better reason why, I'm all ears (and "the ref just didn't see it" isn't a good reason. neither is "it wasn't PI").

And the Bills are a bigger joke outside of the WNY area than Minnesota. You live in NYC, no? You should know that. Hell, even Jets fans feel superior to us.

I feel bad for CJ. But I can't say I'm mad about him not playing.

Same here. I assume he was tearing up under that towel when he went off; he has to know this is it for his time here, and he likely won't get more than a back-up role anywhere else.

Jackson's a huge loss of course, but if we can survive the Jets next week, hopefully he can heal up over the bye and get back in time for the Chiefs at home. In the meantime it's time to see what a 4th round pick is worth in Bryce Brown. The Jets are much better against the run than the air anyways, so I'm looking for Orton to keep it under 2 int's and throwing for 3 TD's

Edited by WildCard

Same here. I assume he was tearing up under that towel when he went off; he has to know this is it for his time here, and he likely won't get more than a back-up role anywhere else.

Jackson's a huge loss of course, but if we can survive the Jets next week, hopefully he can heal up over the bye and get back in time for the Chiefs at home. In the meantime it's time to see what a 4th round pick is worth in Bryce Brown. The Jets are much better against the run than the air anyways, so I'm looking for Orton to keep it under 2 int's and throwing for 3 TD's

Wasn't he pretty good but had fumble issues?

Wasn't he pretty good but had fumble issues?

IIRC that was the word on him. Apparently the reason he was traded away from Philly is simply the fact that they have too many weapons with Sproles and McCoy anyhow. Brown's only 23, ran for 564 on 115 attempts with 4 TD's his first season as a backup, but he lost time last season and only ran for 314 yards on 75 attempts. Either way, he's consistent at least, 4.9 yds/rush and 4.2 yds/rush in the last two seasons.

Whaley made some pretty questionable moves this off-season, and so far he's hit on almost all of them.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm really surprised that the NFL allows as many people on the sidelines as they do. It seems like there is just so much opportunity for someone to get injured. I guess they think it makes the game feel more exciting if the looks like the stage of a P-Funk concert on either side of the field.

Edited by SwampD

Nickname from his Freshman Year at Miss. State. Some of his teammates thought he reminded them of "Boobie Miles" the RB from the Book Friday Night Lights. The name stuck with him

Haha, the book...riiight, college football players read books. (Sarcasm)

Which Vikings were the refs star struck by today, resulting in yet another series of unfair calls against the Bills?

When was the last time the refs were not biased against the Bills? Surely it must've happened at some point?

Let it go, it's always the refs.

Saw that somebody WildCard said Freddy is out 3-4 weeks. Haven't seen that anyways. I've seen that he's likely out the next two weeks but not much is known beyond that.

Fixed that for you. :P

Worst case is 3-4 weeks, more likely 2 weeks though. We've come to expect worst case scenarios in Buffalo

Saw that somebody said Freddy is out 3-4 weeks. Haven't seen that anyways. I've seen that he's likely out the next two weeks but not much is known beyond that.

Fixed that for you. :P

Worst case is 3-4 weeks, more likely 2 weeks though. We've come to expect worst case scenarios in Buffalo

An early tweet shortly after the game ended called him out 3-4 weeks. No idea where that time frame came from.

I'm guessing he was tearing up because a broken collar bone HURTS LIKE HELL.

And now we know why the Bills should force feed balls to Sammy. Great victory, was watching on RedZone with friends and no one else thought they would pull it off. Also great catch by Hogan to set that up.

I think EJ Manuel sitting the rest of the season may be a great thing in the long run. There is a slim chance he could learn and be better next year.

The Bills are somehow 4-3 despite week after week of garbage play calling. Imagine if our offense was being managed properly?

The difference this year is defense. They keep the team in the game so that a mediocre offense can win it with a final drive. They really shouldn't have beaten Detroit but Carpenter was up for a 58-yarder. He misses that more than he makes it.