Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Man, i know its not a sexy pick, but i dont think you all realize how bad our line was last year. You cant run or pass no matter how many playmakers you have if you line is bad. Especially the interior of our line

LG was a downright embarrassment. RG with Urbick and RT with Pears were simply not good enough.

That's what I mean, we have talent at WR, RB, DL, LB, DB. We HAVE to get the line fixed. EJ literally couldn't step into the pocket in half the games. Run profection was non existent and interior pressure was disrupting our entire offense.

Let's face it, we need a significant upgrade at both OL and WR/TE for EJ to have a chance. One without the other is useless right now. The order in which they address them is pretty irrelevant to me, so long as they get addressed. I think the best argument for tackle at 9 is that you want your #9 overall pick to come in and make an impact, and rookie WRs are rarely impact players.

Let's face it, we need a significant upgrade at both OL and WR/TE for EJ to have a chance. One without the other is useless right now. The order in which they address them is pretty irrelevant to me, so long as they get addressed. I think the best argument for tackle at 9 is that you want your #9 overall pick to come in and make an impact, and rookie WRs are rarely impact players.

I think having a good passing game is more dependent on having a good line, than an o line depending on good WRs. I think a receiving core with SJ, woods, Williams, and Goodwin is a lot more talented than our o line as it currently is.

I think having a good passing game is more dependent on having a good line, than an o line depending on good WRs. I think a receiving core with SJ, woods, Williams, and Goodwin is a lot more talented than our o line as it currently is.

I agree. I think the Bills' second round pick can be used to address that. I really like what I see out of Evans. Ebron, I've heard some concerns about his blocking on WGR.

So...another loser with a substantial criminal record. This one was stabbed recently by...his brother.

Lovely.

Surprised the Ravens didn't scoop him up with those credentials. They are convict U these days.

I don't inherently disagree, but EJ doesn't exactly have Aaron Rodgers' accuracy, so our current group of receivers isn't an ideal match for him. Getting him someone with a huge catch radius would be a major boon. Again, that need not be Evans at #9, but just in general we lack anyone who is open even when they're covered.

EJ doesn't exactly have Aaron Rodgers' accuracy, so our current group of receivers isn't an ideal match for him. Getting him someone with a huge catch radius would be a major boon.

this is precisely it. ej may yet be a top-12 quarterback who can help us make a playoff run, but accuracy is not a strength and probably never will be. we need big fellas who can go up and get the rock. that a&m guy would certainly fit the bill, but i doubt they go WR now that they have mike williams.

if ebron's not the guy at TE, who is? do they wait?

I think Austin Seferian-Jenkins would be the perfect pick in the second round. Reminds me a lot of Tony Gonzalez. Basketball body, boxes out defenders to get himself in good position. Also catches the ball and IMMEDIATELY pulls it into his body. Not enough guys picked up on that from TG. ASF also wears 88 (well he wouldn't' in Buffalo, though).

I agree. I think the Bills' second round pick can be used to address that. I really like what I see out of Evans. Ebron, I've heard some concerns about his blocking on WGR.

I'm pretty sure Ebron can't block. I'm also pretty sure I don't care so long as he's a Davis/Graham/Gronk quality receiving threat.

Football is going to hell quickly. My interest has been waning year after year. Am I the only one? I usually go to my local pub to watch the Bills play on Sunday, might not be the case this year.

Sorry if that's off topic, just needed to rant.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Football is going to hell quickly. My interest has been waning year after year. Am I the only one? I usually go to my local pub to watch the Bills play on Sunday, might not be the case this year.

Sorry if that's off topic, just needed to rant.

Nope. Me too. I still watch the Bills but that's about it.

Man, i know its not a sexy pick, but i dont think you all realize how bad our line was last year. You cant run or pass no matter how many playmakers you have if you line is bad. Especially the interior of our line

I don't want to take a guard or RT at 9 overall. Get the right QB and your line means nothing. Rodgers and Rapesberger both won SB with below average lines. EJ isn't either of them (yet) so develop him into that or get a guy who is a talent like that.

The garbage flying out of Schopp's mouth right now might be his peak of stupidity. So they are interested in Chris Johnson because they are going to package Spiller and the 9th pick to move up in the draft. Is Schopp the wookie? I'm starting to think Schopp posts here. This is the only place I read ideas as stupid as his.

Edited by inkman

I don't want to take a guard or RT at 9 overall. Get the right QB and your line means nothing. Rodgers and Rapesberger both won SB with below average lines. EJ isn't either of them (yet) so develop him into that or get a guy who is a talent like that.

The garbage flying out of Schopp's mouth right now might be his peak of stupidity. So they are interested in Chris Johnson because they are going to package Spiller and the 9th pick to move up in the draft. Is Schopp the wookie? I'm starting to think Schopp posts here. This is the only place I read ideas as stupid as his.

Line means nothing with the right QB??? Really?

Line means nothing with the right QB??? Really?

Yes. Really. Good QB's who make quick reads and move adeptly in the pocket mitigate the need for HOF at every OL position. Granted, you can't have the slobs we had last year playing LG, but it shouldn't be that hard to find a fat guy to stick in there to hold into another fat guy for 3 seconds.

I almost sprayed a mouthful of water all over my laptop after reading this.