Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I just read from a link in a post on the bills fan site they took the rest of it...

Sad to hear, I hope they can get this cancer under control. Kelly may have been an ass at times, but the guy has done so much good for so many people, it would be a big loss for him not to get through this.

I'm not for drafting a QB this year unless it's in the late rounds. If they did get one in the mid rounds I like Zach Mettenberger, he may drop into the middle rounds because of an torn ACL and off field problems a couple of years ago, but the kid has come up fast since putting his mind to football. Mettenberger will be a prototypical pocket passer with the big arm, he won't berunning the read option. I really think that this QB class has been overrated and over hyped and wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the names that people thought would be going early drop.

If Zack Mettenberger is available when the Bills pick in round 2 I would be shocked. If he is they should take him. Mettenberger won't fall outside round 2.

I just read from a link in a post on the bills fan site they took the rest of it...

Havent heard this anywhere. He has a whole jaw in the pic taken 4 days ago with Thurman, Andre and Bruce.

If Zack Mettenberger is available when the Bills pick in round 2 I would be shocked. If he is they should take him. Mettenberger won't fall outside round 2.

You must have watched a different Mettenberger than I did. In fact, I fundamentally cannot understand how you can hate on Manuel yet love Mettenberger.

You must have watched a different Mettenberger than I did. In fact, I fundamentally cannot understand how you can hate on Manuel yet love Mettenberger.

I see Mettenberger as better than Manuel, but I wouldn't want him here unless he slipped to the third somehow. He'd be a steal there.

Just from a pure evaluation standpoint leading up to the last two drafts, I think that Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr, Garoppolo, Mettenberger, Barkley, Glennon, Murray and Boyd are/were all better prospects than Manuel. Guys like Brett Smith, David Fales and AJ McCarron might be ahead of him, as well.

(I know I'll get flamed for that, but that's the honest and unbiased truth of how I view these players leading up to their respective drafts).

Also, for the record: I wouldn't take any of Boyd, Murray (due to injury), Manuel, McCarron, Smith, Fales or Boyd before the fourth round.

Edited by Tankalicious

(I know I'll get flamed for that, but that's the honest and unbiased truth of how I view these players leading up to their respective drafts).

Everyone is biased. Your "evaluation" of said players is based on YOUR opinion of whatever criteria you use to evaluate. Unless you are just listing the guys in order of 40 time or arm strength.

Everyone is biased. Your "evaluation" of said players is based on YOUR opinion of whatever criteria you use to evaluate. Unless you are just listing the guys in order of 40 time or arm strength.

I meant unbiased in the sense that it's not generated from my opinion about what Manuel has done over the last year. I've been clear about my dislike for Manuel as a player so far, and I wanted to make it clear that I am not factoring that in.

I meant unbiased in the sense that it's not generated from my opinion about what Manuel has done over the last year. I've been clear about my dislike for Manuel as a player so far, and I wanted to make it clear that I am not factoring that in.

I have my doubts about EJ as well but I'm hoping to sweet baby Jesus he's our savior.

I see Mettenberger as better than Manuel, but I wouldn't want him here unless he slipped to the third somehow. He'd be a steal there.

I don't see it, Mettenberger has a big arm and has shown improvement, but I think the days of the "pure pocket passer" are winding down in the NFL, you need a QB that is more mobile and able to roll out, or break out of the pocket if needed, the defensive players are getting way too fast to sit someone back in a pocket without him getting destroyed. More so I think Manuel's intangibles are something that will help him be a successful QB in this league (he has the physical tools). Manuel had 3/4's of a rookie season, the bar has been risen for rookie QB's but the fact is that they are still young kids, that are trying to learn to play probably the hardest position to succeed in, of all sports.

I guess so. I think Mettenberger is better than Manuel by a bit. I don't think he will be available in the mid 2nd because I think teams like his arm.

As for other QB's in this draft, the bills will probably not draft any of them. Murray could be a decent pick up in the 5th or 6th but honestly is the top guns are gone by 9th this is probably a draft where we shouldn't worry about QB's

I think anyone who wants the Bills to take a QB in any round below the 1st round as a hedge against EJ washing out is kidding himself.

If you don't think EJ is the guy -- you need to take a QB #1.

FWIW, I kinda liked what I saw out of EJ, but I would be fine if they took another QB in the 1st round. I would not be fine if they took one in the 2nd or 3rd round though -- they need to use those picks on linemen, tight end and defense.

In any case though I'm not expecting more than 6 or 7 wins next year. But at least they "suspended" the GD Toronto game.

I think anyone who wants the Bills to take a QB in any round below the 1st round as a hedge against EJ washing out is kidding himself.

If you don't think EJ is the guy -- you need to take a QB #1.

FWIW, I kinda liked what I saw out of EJ, but I would be fine if they took another QB in the 1st round. I would not be fine if they took one in the 2nd or 3rd round though -- they need to use those picks on linemen, tight end and defense.

In any case though I'm not expecting more than 6 or 7 wins next year. But at least they "suspended" the GD Toronto game.

Unless you KNOW you have your guy in this draft, it would be unwise to draft a QB this year. Let EJ have the year....if no obvious progression, then you go for it next year....if EJ stinks, you are picking 3-10 again anyway.....

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3373619.shtml?cat=565

Updated: 03/24/2014 5:31 PM

Created: 03/24/2014 5:30 PM WHEC.com

News10NBC has learned that Buffalo Bills’ Hall of Famer Jim Kelly flew to New York on Monday to consult with doctors there about his new battle with cancer.

Jim’s wife, Jill, wrote in a blog that her husband’s cancer has returned and is now starting to spread.

This weekend, Jim's oldest daughter, Erin, posted a picture on Instagram of the former Bills quarterback and her in a hospital bed. She said, "Watching the Syracuse game with daddy. He's my buddy! Love him so much!”

On Monday afternoon, Jill shared a picture on Instagram and Twitter of her wearing her husband's cross. She wrote that Jim "took off his necklace and handed it to me before heading in for yet another MRI. Now it's around my neck. A reminder that because of the cross, because of what Jesus did, we have hope. Hope when you hear them say ‘the cancer is back’, because God is bigger than the cancer."

Jim's wife also said he is tentatively scheduled to undergo surgery this Thursday. Friends and former teammates visited with Kelly at the hospital late last week.

• kellywithdaughter.jpg

http://www.whec.com/...9.shtml?cat=565

Updated: 03/24/2014 5:31 PM

Created: 03/24/2014 5:30 PM WHEC.com

News10NBC has learned that Buffalo Bills’ Hall of Famer Jim Kelly flew to New York on Monday to consult with doctors there about his new battle with cancer.

Jim’s wife, Jill, wrote in a blog that her husband’s cancer has returned and is now starting to spread.

This weekend, Jim's oldest daughter, Erin, posted a picture on Instagram of the former Bills quarterback and her in a hospital bed. She said, "Watching the Syracuse game with daddy. He's my buddy! Love him so much!”

On Monday afternoon, Jill shared a picture on Instagram and Twitter of her wearing her husband's cross. She wrote that Jim "took off his necklace and handed it to me before heading in for yet another MRI. Now it's around my neck. A reminder that because of the cross, because of what Jesus did, we have hope. Hope when you hear them say ‘the cancer is back’, because God is bigger than the cancer."

Jim's wife also said he is tentatively scheduled to undergo surgery this Thursday. Friends and former teammates visited with Kelly at the hospital late last week.

• kellywithdaughter.jpg

god bless :unsure:

in other Bills news, coach marrone announced today that Graham (the new DB) may be in line for the vacated safety position. interesting move there.

Marrone also announced that they'll run the 4-3 exclusively which should scare people. Some guys who had big success last year (Lawson, Hughes) have struggled in the 4-3.

Hughes never struggled in it per say...he was stuck behind 2 pro bowl DE's in Indy when they ran it. Lawson does stick out like a sore thumb though.

I doubt they will exclusively run it, but it was announced when Schwartz took over that it was his base defense. Guys like Kyle and Dareus will Excel though. I think Hughes will be fine opposite Mario. I think they'll end up drafting a DE yet as well. I like our new LB corps though.

Hughes never struggled in it per say...he was stuck behind 2 pro bowl DE's in Indy when they ran it. Lawson does stick out like a sore thumb though.

I doubt they will exclusively run it, but it was announced when Schwartz took over that it was his base defense. Guys like Kyle and Dareus will Excel though. I think Hughes will be fine opposite Mario. I think they'll end up drafting a DE yet as well. I like our new LB corps though.

Marrone said they won't be using multiple fronts on defense which means you'll probably see 90% 4-3 with some 5-2 and 3-4 mixed in lightly.

Marrone said they won't be using multiple fronts on defense which means you'll probably see 90% 4-3 with some 5-2 and 3-4 mixed in lightly.

ahh see I didn't hear that part.

There will definitely be less blitzing, especially if our linemen can consistently do their job. that's what Schwartz's D's are predicated on.