Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

That'd be like 1/3rd of us saying the Sabres would finish with 9-10th with around 80 points this season, right? :ph34r:

There are a lot of wishful thinkers in Bills Land. There are probably still people floating around at this forum and elsewhere who think JP Losman should have been given more time on the team. Or Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Trent Edwards.... ad nauseum/infinitum. Now the newest nexus for many fans' hopes and dreams is EJ Manuel. Maybe he'll suddenly turn it around and develop into a superstar, however, I really, really doubt it. He was a poor choice.

I think anyone who thinks this team is going ANY-where while Ralph Wilson Jr is the owner, is just kidding themselves anyways. It's been a disaster from Poulian's dismissal to the present. Playoffs? I'd be impressed if the team hit the .500 mark, let alone the playoffs.

Edited by Jsixspd

There are a lot of wishful thinkers in Bills Land. There are probably still people floating around at this forum and elsewhere who think JP Losman should have been given more time on the team. Or Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Trent Edwards.... ad nauseum/infinitum. Now the newest nexus for many fans' hopes and dreams is EJ Manuel. Maybe he'll suddenly turn it around and develop into a superstar, however, I really, really doubt it. He was a poor choice.

I think anyone who thinks this team is going ANY-where while Ralph Wilson Jr is the owner, is just kidding themselves anyways. It's been a disaster from Poulian's dismissal to the present. Playoffs? I'd be impressed if the team hit the .500 mark, let alone the playoffs.

I think so. The Bills would be smart this draft to either be agressive and draft a QB in the 2nd round or grab someone like Aaron Murray or that type in the 4/5th round. They need another young guy on the team because EJ has the very real possibility of getting injured or flaming out.

If one intends to be a running QB, one needs to be smart about it, like Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick. And Manuel hasn't shown much of that. I recall the time he was injured and out for a considerable time - he was doing his best Emmitt Smith impersonation - he'd already gotten the 1st down, but was going for broke. Yeah, broke alright. But given his proclivity towards running (53 rushing attempts in 10 games played) , and not being particularly smart or choosy about so doing, yeah, there is a need to draft another QB.

But - Whaley doesn't sound interested in another QB.... sounds like he's perfectly content with Thad Lewis and Tuel as the backups

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/8073/bills-have-no-plans-to-add-veteran-qb?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Oh, and this article also mentioned the ugly possibility that Ryan Fitzpatrick could be available for the Bills to re-sign; - apparently one partial season of Blitzpatrick was enough for the Tennessee Titans.

If one intends to be a running QB, one needs to be smart about it, like Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick. And Manuel hasn't shown much of that. I recall the time he was injured and out for a considerable time - he was doing his best Emmitt Smith impersonation - he'd already gotten the 1st down, but was going for broke. Yeah, broke alright. But given his proclivity towards running (53 rushing attempts in 10 games played) , and not being particularly smart or choosy about so doing, yeah, there is a need to draft another QB.

But - Whaley doesn't sound interested in another QB.... sounds like he's perfectly content with Thad Lewis and Tuel as the backups

http://espn.go.com/b...=espnapi_public

Oh, and this article also mentioned the ugly possibility that Ryan Fitzpatrick could be available for the Bills to re-sign; - apparently one partial season of Blitzpatrick was enough for the Tennessee Titans.

No thanks on Fitzpatrick! Had enough of him.

I honestly don't know what EJ's ceiling is, but I don't think he was anywhere near it last year. I also think he will be much improved this year with a true QB coach instead of the OC acting as the OC and QB coach.

Oh, please Jsix. EJ was trying to score a touchdown for his team, because he wanted to win. He should have gone out but he didn't. He got layed out with a pretty dirty hit, but what are you going to do? We survived all the years of watching the Bills flounder about without a hope at QB, and now there is some. But half of Buffalo's fans can't stop beating him into the ground. It's pathetic. If you don't think he's the answer? Fine. If you think we should draft another QB, then who's going to argue against you? But assuming you know he will be a bust based on a 10 game rookie season is absurd.

EDIT: Sorry about the bile. I lurk on Bills boards sometimes and that's where the venom is coming from. I should've posted it on there where angry posts are a dime a dozen.

Edited by qwksndmonster

What gives you the idea that Manuel intends on being a rushing QB ? Of those 53 rushing attempts, 39 were designed runs, which is not unusually high for a QB that can run, but it is not a umber that a "running QB" such as Wilson or Kaepernick have, 79 and 80 designed runs respectively, Fitz ran the ball 35 times by design, in 1 less start. Also if you believe in advanced stats, such as with football outsiders, EJ was 13th in total value for QB rushing and ran for 267 effective yards. For what it's worth Thad Lewis was dead last in total value for QB's with at least 8 designed runs and on 17 attempts, he had -38 effective yards. So bash Manuel all you want about his running, but the numbers show a completely different story.

As far as getting on Manuel about taking a hit, by trying to make a play, come on, first off it was an illegal hit, it was it not the smartest play, but it was done by an inexperienced kid trying to make something happen, unfortunately he didn't think that in the NFL, you have players that will take you out, given the chance. If you're going to bash him, find something better than a kid trying to make a play.

Edited by kishoph

Sorry, I know this isn't about the Bills, but I just had to roflmao.gifroflmao.gifroflmao.gif

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10648890/new-york-jets-reach-deal-michael-vick

What's to laugh at? Vick is a very talented QB. He gets injured, sure, but not anymore than Manuel did last year. He's better than what Buffalo has, even though I didn't want Buffalo to sign him...

If Vick starts and stays healthy the Jets will be right in the playoff race. They just need to add to the corner and wide receiver positions.

Edited by Tankalicious

What's to laugh at? Vick is a very talented QB. He gets injured, sure, but not anymore than Manuel did last year. He's better than what Buffalo has, even though I didn't want Buffalo to sign him...

If Vick starts and stays healthy the Jets will be right in the playoff race. They just need to add to the corner and wide receiver positions.

The drama, the trainwreck, the hype.................... he fits in perfectly with the Jets.

He's a loser, he is a highly overrated passer, and he isn't a leader.

The Jets won't be anywhere near the playoff hunt if he has anything to do with it.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I think so. The Bills would be smart this draft to either be agressive and draft a QB in the 2nd round or grab someone like Aaron Murray or that type in the 4/5th round. They need another young guy on the team because EJ has the very real possibility of getting injured or flaming out.

###### Aaron Murray! Lol, sorry LGR. But I agree with the rest of this post; not because i think EJ will flame out, but because we have bare cupboards if he does.

###### Aaron Murray! Lol, sorry LGR. But I agree with the rest of this post; not because i think EJ will flame out, but because we have bare cupboards if he does.

I'm not for drafting a QB this year unless it's in the late rounds. If they did get one in the mid rounds I like Zach Mettenberger, he may drop into the middle rounds because of an torn ACL and off field problems a couple of years ago, but the kid has come up fast since putting his mind to football. Mettenberger will be a prototypical pocket passer with the big arm, he won't berunning the read option. I really think that this QB class has been overrated and over hyped and wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the names that people thought would be going early drop.

I'm not for drafting a QB this year unless it's in the late rounds. If they did get one in the mid rounds I like Zach Mettenberger, he may drop into the middle rounds because of an torn ACL and off field problems a couple of years ago, but the kid has come up fast since putting his mind to football. Mettenberger will be a prototypical pocket passer with the big arm, he won't berunning the read option. I really think that this QB class has been overrated and over hyped and wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the names that people thought would be going early drop.

I'm good with this too. Mid round qb pick would be fine by me. Its when we draft Levi Brown's and the like in the last round from Who Gives a ###### State University or when we have Jeff Tuel on our actual roster that i get frustrated.

If any of Boyd, Murray or Mettenberger fall into the 4th/5th then I wouldn't mind taking them. David Fales, who was once projected as a first rounder, is another late-round guy that I like.

However, I don't want any of those guys to factor into future QB decisions unless they get a good amount of playing time via injury this season and play very well. Just a security blanket and hopefully long-term backup.

I'd be open to taking Bridgewater or Bortles at nine, but neither will be there.

If any of Boyd, Murray or Mettenberger fall into the 4th/5th then I wouldn't mind taking them. David Fales, who was once projected as a first rounder, is another late-round guy that I like.

However, I don't want any of those guys to factor into future QB decisions unless they get a good amount of playing time via injury this season and play very well. Just a security blanket and hopefully long-term backup.

I'd be open to taking Bridgewater or Bortles at nine, but neither will be there.

I'd snag Bortles If by some miracle he's still there but count me out on Teddy. I think Manziel will be better than him honestly, but I might be alone in that. I've seen a few mock drafts and almost everyone of them has Atlanta or Tampa taking the homegrown lb in Mack ahead of us, most mock ups have us pegged for Ebron or a tackle. On my phone so I can't skip lines, but my buddy mentioned to me that Mel Kiper had been accused of making mocks that ranked people higher so as to help out their draft status as well as changing them entirely for he purpose of getting people to purchase his insider pass at espn. I have no clue if its true or not, so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone else had heard such

I just wanna wish Jim Kelly and his family all the best as he fights his re-occurring cancer. I just read that he had his jaw removed @ ECMC and the cancer has possibly spread out of his jaw, no details given. I, like almost all of you guys and gals either grew up watching him lead our Bills to some very successful playoff runs or watched as mature adults. I am sure all of you wish him and his family the best, all I am asking in this post is you keep him and his family in your prayers. I can soberly appreciate what his wife and kids are going through right now as I am just two years removed from checking my fiancée's mother's pulse on her deathbed as she passed from stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I am sure the Kelly family could use (and deserve) all of our prayers during this most difficult time.

I just wanna wish Jim Kelly and his family all the best as he fights his re-occurring cancer. I just read that he had his jaw removed @ ECMC and the cancer has possibly spread out of his jaw, no details given.

Having part of his jaw removed was done last year, I'm not sure what they have done for him after this latest bout.

Edited by kishoph