Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Out with the old... In with the old. Sure, he was around during the best times this franchise had, but he's still yet another Ralph guy who has had a long-standing relationship with the franchise. Let's get some outside thinkers in the room...

This smells like the moves that made Marv Levy and Pat Lafontaine GMs. There has to be someone who is relevant in today's NFL that Terry Pegula can turn to. The idea of the old GM and the pro-personnel director of the worst franchise in the NFL calling the shots is unsettling. It may even be worse idea than naming Marv Levy or Russ Brandon as GM.

Edited by DeLuca1967

This smells like the moves that made Marv Levy and Pat Lafontaine GMs. There has to be someone who is relevant in today's NFL that Terry Pegula can turn to. The idea of the old GM and the pro-personnel director of the worst franchise in the NFL calling the shots is unsettling. It may even be worse idea than naming Marv Levy or Russ Brandon as GM.

Yea. I'm not on board one bit with this move. Let him come in, fire some people and then let him leave again... I don't like this report.

We laugh at the Edmonton Oilers... But this is an Oilers move.

A former scout for the Bills said that he's hearing the Bills will not be making any organizational changes heading into the offseason.

Graham reported moments later that he's hearing there are no imminent changes. There will be meeting next week, but the "status quo" is expected.

Edited by Tank

A former scout for the Bills said that he's hearing the Bills will not be making any organizational changes heading into the offseason.

Graham reported moments later that he's hearing there are no imminent changes. There will be meeting next week, but the "status quo" is expected.

I buy this, I don't expect Pegula to make any knee jerk reactions. It's a long off-season. I'd like Whaley to stay, as I did with Marrone at first, but now, I'd have no problem with Marrone being sent packing. Of course that's if they can find a suitable replacement, which doesn't include promoting Hackett (could you imagine).

Jason LaCanfora is reporting Whaley might be out with Chris Polian a leading candidate to replace him.

PFT is reporting Brian Ayrault a Player Agent with Pegula's old agency will be joining the Bills FO and Whaley, Brandon and Overdorf could be in trouble. Ayrault is an Orchard Park High School Graduate

Jason LaCanfora is reporting Whaley might be out with Chris Polian a leading candidate to replace him.

PFT is reporting Brian Ayrault a Player Agent with Pegula's old agency will be joining the Bills FO and Whaley, Brandon and Overdorf could be in trouble. Ayrault is an Orchard Park High School Graduate

Noooooooooooooooooo

What in the blue hell has Polian done other than being born with the right last name? Please be wrong, please be wrong, please be wrong...

(I'm happy about Overdorf, but still).

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Noooooooooooooooooo

What in the blue hell has Polian done other than being born with the right last name? Please be wrong, please be wrong, please be wrong...

(I'm happy about Overdorf, but still).

My thoughts exactly.

Ayrault Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/28/brian-ayrault-emerges-as-possible-addition-to-bills-front-office/

Doomsday Link: http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24919505/front-office-shake-ups-texans-titans-and-bills-likely-to-make-changes

@ByTimGraham: Bills source informs me no football ops changes are imminent, but meetings will be held next week. Expect status quo, but no guarantees.

@greggabe: PFT has been saying Polian to Bills. I've been told they are staying "as is". No changes

Sentiment on TBD is that this isn't happening. I wouldn't worry.

edit: that was as of yesterday, today there are rumors flying, and WGR speculating. Idk. If we wind up losing Whaley for someone like the Polian kid, I will cry a lot.

Edited by Randall Flagg

@ByTimGraham: Bills source informs me no football ops changes are imminent, but meetings will be held next week. Expect status quo, but no guarantees.

@greggabe: PFT has been saying Polian to Bills. I've been told they are staying "as is". No changes

Sentiment on TBD is that this isn't happening. I wouldn't worry.

edit: that was as of yesterday, today there are rumors flying, and WGR speculating. Idk. If we wind up losing Whaley for someone like the Polian kid, I will cry a lot.

Well then, that settles it, doesn't it. :devil:

Well then, that settles it, doesn't it. :devil:

Essentially. :P which is why I'm now worrying!

I like Whaley, but his loss in a vacuum wouldn't kill me, as long as he was replaced with the right guy. People are saying, however, that Bill likes Doug Marrone, so if we wind up next year with Chris Polian and Doug Marrone and Nathan Hackett, I don't know if I can watch.