(OT) If you had to name a doughnut captain of your doughnut team, what kind of doughnut would it be?

Eleven

I can say this with confidence as a man that has successfully sat down and eaten an entire dozen in one sitting.

oh my.

Nowadays, I settle for 5 or 6 every Sunday morning after the gym.

well, there's that.

Paula's Power Rankings

1. Peanut Butter

2. Coconut Cream

3. Peanut Cream

4. Strawberry Shortcake

5. Cheese filled

6. Red Velvet

7. Key Lime

8. Peanut Stick

9. Cinnamon Glazed

10. Chocolate Glazed

I appreciate that peanut stick is in your top 10. It is, however #1.

That said ... I have never tried the peanut butter doughnut from Paula.

Mike: If you're reading this, we would not be upset at all if you did a doughnut draft next time there's a dead day. We would be flattered. And honored. And we assume that crappy fry cakes would not go in the first round. If fry cakes are going to go in the first round, you're not allowed to have a doughnut draft after all.

Do it, Mike. And tell Chris I said he's dead to me if he doesn't take Peanut Stick at #1.

I am not the dictator. The Bavarian cream is the dictator.

:w00t:

Duck Donuts in the Outer Banks.

We are getting one of these up the street from me here in Va Beach. I've heard good things!

My mom's side of the family is from East Aurora, and my grandfather used to get these things called "faz nochs" (I have no idea how to spell it). You HAD to eat them while they were warm, but they were awesome!

oh my.

Yes, well, my capacity for meats and sweets is legendary...I can literally eat all day long if I choose.

well, there's that.

It helps...plus I do not eat any junk, at all, on any other day...Sunday is my feast day.

I appreciate that peanut stick is in your top 10. It is, however #1.

That said ... I have never tried the peanut butter doughnut from Paula.

Your opinion is noted on the record...

I must tell you, however, that your second statement is akin to an avid hockey fan saying something along the lines of: "Alex Ovechkin is the best hockey player in the word...that said, I've never seen Sidney Crosby play"

We are getting one of these up the street from me here in Va Beach. I've heard good things!

My mom's side of the family is from East Aurora, and my grandfather used to get these things called "faz nochs" (I have no idea how to spell it). You HAD to eat them while they were warm, but they were awesome!

Fasnachts...there's a million ways to spell them, but they're basically butter donuts...Paula's makes them during the month of March, which means I'll be having one or two on Sunday.

Sunday is my feast day.

As the Lord intended. (No religiosity intended.)

I must tell you, however, that your second statement is akin to an avid hockey fan saying something along the lines of: "Alex Ovechkin is the best hockey player in the word...that said, I've never seen Sidney Crosby play"

Color me intrigued.

Mike: If you're reading this, we would not be upset at all if you did a doughnut draft next time there's a dead day. We would be flattered. And honored. And we assume that crappy fry cakes would not go in the first round. If fry cakes are going to go in the first round, you're not allowed to have a doughnut draft after all.

You never were one to recognize greatness in your midst.

As the Lord intended. (No religiosity intended.)

Color me intrigued.

I thought you were on my side on this one? What about peanut sticks and peanut jellies?

I thought we had something special.

Things were getting serious.

We were gonna plan a brunch together

Please don't leave me.

It's so lonely here...

:cry:

Brooklyn bagels, cream cheese, lox.

For the US game against Russia I woke up early and grabbed a dozen panera bagels and bacon. I made eggs in a basket in the bagels and made delicious breakfast sandwiches of victory for my family. Too bad I didn't for the Canada game...

Ahem ........

I thought you were on my side on this one? What about peanut sticks and peanut jellies?

I thought we had something special.

Things were getting serious.

We were gonna plan a brunch together

Please don't leave me.

It's so lonely here...

:cry:

no worries. we'll get a dozen.

Am I invited? Because...ya know...donuts and all...

well, 2 dozen then.

I'm really disappointed that this is the first time I've ever heard of Paula's Donuts.

Now I need to find an excuse to drive to Buffalo...

Jesus, man. Worth it.

And she's now up on Sheridan, right near the original Anderson's and a Ted's outpost.

For an honest answer....there is nothing even close to chocolate covered Bavarian Cream. It's the Messier, Neely, Pronger, Shannahan, etc. of the doughnut world.

Peanut stick is nice, but that's more Hawerchuk, Coffey, Sundin

French Crueler is up there, but think Savard, Briere

If anyone can challenge Bavarian Cream for captaincy, it might be Powder Sugared Raspberry Jelly..... but you are looking at more of a Potvin, Stevens, Recchi

For an honest answer....there is nothing even close to chocolate covered Bavarian Cream. It's the Messier, Neely, Pronger, Shannahan, etc. of the doughnut world.

If anyone can challenge Bavarian Cream for captaincy, it might be Powder Sugared Raspberry Jelly..... but you are looking at more of a Potvin, Stevens, Recchi

I don't think jelly-filleds belong in the conversation.

Whither the Gretky, Lemieux, Crosby of doughnut captains? Or are those guys less archetypal captains and more all-time great hockey players?

Edited by That Aud Smell

Bavarian creme and jelly filled are cliches, not the elite of the doughnut world. They are the favorites of the youthful masses. They are the Max Afinogenovs of the doughnut world.

I don't think jelly-filleds belong in the conversation.

Whither the Gretky, Lemieux, Crosby of doughnut captains? Or are those guys less archetypal captains and more all-time great hockey players?

The Gretzky/Lemieuxs of the doughnut world are rare and have to be searched out. They are found where truly unique artisan doughnuts are found. They won't have common names and won't be on the shelves of franchises or establishments with 8+ locations. They are works of bakery art and need to be made by artists. If you find one.clue me in so i can get one.

What are the chances of Drane, SDS, PA, and me all agreeing on anything? We are going to have a HUGE doughnut party, SDS is going to autograph copies of Sports Illustrated, and we're not inviting any of the fry cake / peanut people.

Edited by Eleven

Bavarian creme and jelly filled are cliches, not the elite of the doughnut world. They are the favorites of the youthful masses. They are the Max Afinogenovs of the doughnut world.

Afinogenovs? How dare you! Those are fighting words. At the very worst, Bavarian creme is the Ovechkin of the doughnut world.

The Gretzky/Lemieuxs of the doughnut world are rare and have to be searched out. They are found where truly unique artisan doughnuts are found. They won't have common names and won't be on the shelves of franchises or establishments with 8+ locations. They are works of bakery art and need to be made by artists. If you find one.clue me in so i can get one.

i suspect paula makes one. not sure which it is. peanut butter, to hear one poster tell it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.