3/19 Paul Hamilton on SportsNet 960 Radio on Sabres rebuild and Tim Murray: http://pmd.fan960.com/audio_on_demand_2013/Paul-Hamilton-with-Josh-Humphries-PH,-JH-20140318-Interview.mp3 <11:21>

Host of Buffalo Sabres Hockey on WGR Sports Radio 550, Paul Hamilton, joined the guys on Hockey Central @ Noon 960 to chat about the Sabres season, Tim Murray as GM of this team moving forward, and what might happen this off-season as the Sabres enter a full rebuild.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Nope. For Buffalo, the penalty mysteriously goes up. Just like the draft lottery will change in favor of not tanking when we decide to tank.

I fully expect the 14th worse team to win the lottery and draft 1st overall this year just because it will somehow screw us.

• 2 weeks later...

Murray was on the hockey channel on XM today. I didn't hear it, but talked to somebody that did. Couple things that were mentioned.

-Murray said before the trade deadline, nobody was untouchable. Now, there are three players that are untouchable unless there is some ridiculous offer on the table.

-10-12 players on the current roster will not be around next year.

-Neither Enroth or Neuvirth are going anywhere. Leuwen and Hackett do not figure in the plans for next year.

Just thought I'd share. Maybe he's already mentioned this on WGR.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Tim Murray on the top 5 NA Prospects

Aaron Ekblad

"At the end of the day could become a frachise defenseman. He may be a solid, very solid 2way defensemen who plays a lot of minutes. I'm not sure if he has the dynamic kind of pace to him to be a franchise player but he's going to be a hell of a player."

Leon Draisaitl

"Big strong center iceman. Tremendous offensive zone player. Great hockey sense, great vision. Protects the puck real well, sticks his @ss out, guys roll off him, he knows where they are without looking at them."

Sam Reinhart

"Tremendous vision. He's the smartest player on the ice in every game I see him play. I don't know if that says a lot playing other guys his own age or a little older then him but he's extremely smart. Does everything for the most part right. Tremendous vision and passes the puck unbelievably well.

Michael Dal Colle

"Probably has the best release we've seen in a long time. Can really shoot the puck, needs a centerman to get him the puck. He's going to score goals at the national hockey league level.

Sam Bennett

"Has a lot of what the other two guys, centermen have and he's tenacious. He's a bulldog. He's on you, he will hit you, he will spear you, he will score on you, he will do what it takes to win."

Tim Murray on how important is position.

"If we go into our meetings and as a group Ekblad is the #1 player, he will be the #1 player. I am a firm believer in best player available but you also decide who the best player available is. There are all kinds of ways to come to that."

Tim Murray on the top 5 NA Prospects

Aaron Ekblad

"At the end of the day could become a frachise defenseman. He may be a solid, very solid 2way defensemen who plays a lot of minutes. I'm not sure if he has the dynamic kind of pace to him to be a franchise player but he's going to be a hell of a player."

Leon Draisaitl

"Big strong center iceman. Tremendous offensive zone player. Great hockey sense, great vision. Protects the puck real well, sticks his @ss out, guys roll off him, he knows where they are without looking at them."

Sam Reinhart

"Tremendous vision. He's the smartest player on the ice in every game I see him play. I don't know if that says a lot playing other guys his own age or a little older then him but he's extremely smart. Does everything for the most part right. Tremendous vision and passes the puck unbelievably well.

Michael Dal Colle

"Probably has the best release we've seen in a long time. Can really shoot the puck, needs a centerman to get him the puck. He's going to score goals at the national hockey league level.

Sam Bennett

"Has a lot of what the other two guys, centermen have and he's tenacious. He's a bulldog. He's on you, he will hit you, he will spear you, he will score on you, he will do what it takes to win."

Tim Murray on how important is position.

"If we go into our meetings and as a group Ekblad is the #1 player, he will be the #1 player. I am a firm believer in best player available but you also decide who the best player available is. There are all kinds of ways to come to that."

After reading this I almost want the Islanders to give up the pick this year

Murray was on the hockey channel on XM today. I didn't hear it, but talked to somebody that did. Couple things that were mentioned.

-Murray said before the trade deadline, nobody was untouchable. Now, there are three players that are untouchable unless there is some ridiculous offer on the table.

-10-12 players on the current roster will not be around next year.

-Neither Enroth or Neuvirth are going anywhere. Leuwen and Hackett do not figure in the plans for next year.

Just thought I'd share. Maybe he's already mentioned this on WGR.

Ok, if only 6 skaters are back, which 1 is the 6th?

I'd expect that Girgensons and Myers are 2 of the untradeables and because of the contract that Ehrhoff is the 3rd.

I also expect Ristoleinen and Stewart back. So who is the 6th? Does 11's dream of Stafford being a lifer come true? :lol: (Sorry 11, bad joke) Foligno? Ennis? Hodgson? Larsson? Ruhwedal? Deslauriers? Conacher?

Edited by Taro T

I'd expect that Girgensons and Myers are 2 of the untradeables and because of the contract that Ehrhoff is the 3rd.

I also expect Ristoleinen and Stewart back. So who is the 6th? Does 11's dream of Stafford being a lifer come true? :lol: (Sorry 11, bad joke) Foligno? Ennis? Hodgson? Larsson? Ruhwedal? Deslauriers? Conacher?

Ehrhoff will be bought out this offseason.

You heard it here first.

Myers, Risto and Girgensons are the untouchables.

As far as the roster, I didn't hear any specifics.

I think Erhoff will be back...GMTM doesn't seem like one to leave money on the table and unless they rework the deal to eliminate the clawback, he is more valuable here.

There is no way to rework the deal outside of buying him out and signing a new deal.

I really don't see why Ehrhoff would be bought out or restructured (even if they could). As of right now, he has a great contract. And if he wants to be a part of the rebuild, he's a great asset moving forward.

Could be. If they are, Weave is probably right.

Murray specifically mentioned those three. Glad to hear Myers is on the list.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.