Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

Somebody with no credibility just tweeted at Harrington saying that Murray wants to get a different coach in town, but PLF and Black have both said they will step down if that happens. Harrington responded saying "that's what we have without confirmation."

If that's the case then PLF should be fired right now. How do you hire a GM without getting his COMPLETE opinion on the coaching situation?

Bradley Gelber@BradleyGelber 21s

Harrington just said w/out confirmation this is the deal: Murray wants Nolan out. Pat & Black said theyll step down if Nolans let go #Sabres

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington 9m

@johnsonrod17 it's what we have without confirmation

That just seems silly. I can't see Black let alone PLF doing that over a coach. That would be extremely shortsighted and not at all in line with the directive they put forth.

Bradley Gelber@BradleyGelber 21s

Harrington just said w/out confirmation this is the deal: Murray wants Nolan out. Pat & Black said theyll step down if Nolans let go #Sabres

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington 9m

@johnsonrod17 it's what we have without confirmation

Murray will quit...Lafontaine will have to go thru another Gm search..

Somebody with no credibility just tweeted at Harrington saying that Murray wants to get a different coach in town, but PLF and Black have both said they will step down if that happens. Harrington responded saying "that's what we have without confirmation."

If that's the case then PLF should be fired right now. How do you hire a GM without getting his COMPLETE opinion on the coaching situation?

So PLF is the Micromanager in this scenario?

I think 2 presidents (PLF and TB) outrank one GM ™. Who was PLF's second choice for GM?

PLF said Nolan is interim and new GM will decide on the coach. Was he lying? You don't bring in a popular coach like Nolan and not expect trouble. If this is true LaFontaine handled this poorly.

Pat hired Murray to make the decision. He should abide it, even if he doesn't agree with it. He certainly should say to Murray - "I don't agree with it because...." and then make his case. But if that doesn't sway him, then live with it.

And I would hate to see Ted go..... but if Murray thinks its for the best for the future success of the team, then let's give him his chance.

What happen to PLF stating the new GM has complete say on the HC?

Murray said in his radio interview that Nolan would have a role in the organization, not specifying as HC.

If the issue is Nolan, who I like and respect, I still go with Murray's call. The team is his to build. I've seen enough to be onboard. The die is cast.

Nolan's awesome. I'm sure Murray considered that. Sometime's awesome isn't enough.

Continuing my speculation. If La Fontaine's stepping down because his choice as GM then made HIS choice for coach, then HOF'er La Fontaine isn't suited for executive responsibilities.

I love 'me all. I hope we're all giggling sheepishly at our overreaction tomorrow.

If I was a former Sabre with a twitter account I'd be having a blast with this

Bsauve tweets, there is nothing to worry about...yet. This probably won't lead to major upheaval in organization, although it's really really tense in there

Are all the alumni in town?. I'm only posting so much because I have norovirus like Patty too. It's a bitch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.