Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

I bet this thread ends up being the biggest waste of time ever, sadly enough I keep looking at it……... :wallbash:

When Incarcerated Bob says something like PLF is getting fired, you listen. He's usually got scoops. I think we should be at least a little worried.

When Incarcerated Bob says something like PLF is getting fired, you listen. He's usually got scoops. I think we should be at least a little worried.

I don't think Bob has much of anything. He probably has some connections but he never gets knocked for the hundreds of rumors he tweets that never come to be. Similar hit rate to Eklund.

I don't think Bob has much of anything. He probably has some connections but he never gets knocked for the hundreds of rumors he tweets that never come to be. Similar hit rate to Eklund.

He's done better than Eklund. He's at worst as credible as Harrington.

John Wawrow@john_wawrow 39s

For what it's worth, was informed by #Sabres yesterday LaFontaine has been down with the flu since Tuesday, and reason he not at PPlay lunch

So, a friend of Harrington notices PLF is absent on the big day, but doesn't know he's sick, tweets this revelation to Harrington, who then creates a fire where there is none?

I wish that were the case, but, this is Buffalo...

I guess it really doesn't matter what it is.. I was totally on board with the current management team of the Sabres and clearly something is going kaboom which means something is changing and that can't be good.

As for the question as to why Battista was talking to Nolan... it could be that Murray was on the phone with the Blues/NHL and LaFontaine was not at the rink. So, you gotta find someone.

So, a friend of Harrington notices PLF is absent on the big day, but doesn't know he's sick, tweets this revelation to Harrington, who then creates a fire where there is none?

I wish that were the case, but, this is Buffalo...

Not the case. Buffalo twitter didn't catch wind until after the national media did. One national media member said he was "there when it all happened" whatever that means. Wondering if there was a big argument last night.

I guess it really doesn't matter what it is.. I was totally on board with the current management team of the Sabres and clearly something is going kaboom which means something is changing and that can't be good.

As for the question as to why Battista was talking to Nolan... it could be that Murray was on the phone with the Blues/NHL and LaFontaine was not at the rink. So, you gotta find someone.

Bingo. There is NOTHING good about this. Last night all I would have wanted for the Sabres was to concentrate on making more trades this weekend. Now there's some sort of power struggle happening.

At best, this will turn out to be some sort of minor blemish on the franchise. At worst, we're about to become a radioactive franchise and set ourselves back another couple years.

So let me get this straight... LaFontaine comes on board at the owner's pleading... his house is for sale on Long Island... his kid commits to Canisius hockey... the owner was and is a Sabres fan first and foremost...? C'mon... Twitter is like flu virus... it only takes one to spread... if anything this about Black and an alpha male struggle... Lafontaine has peed into his territory...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.