SPOILER GDT: USA v. CANADA WOMEN'S GOLD MEDAL GAME

Eleven

They are nowhere as good now-a-days, since they mass produce them someplace and don't bake them fresh in each shop.

Oh. And the coffee is crap, too.

this true regarding the coffee, Mcdonalds coffee much better at least in my community.

You two no longer have the right to make hockey-related comments. :angry:

Praise Jesus. Praise Allah. I DON'T GET THE TIMMY HO'S COFFEE ADDICTION. That coffee just sucks major wewqjhlenaajsfnas.

Et tu, Sizzle? :cry:

I hope none of you enjoy Starbucks coffee, because that is easily the most overrated garbage in the history of caffeinated drinks--it tastes like the same grounds have been brewed 5 times over.

I hope none of you enjoy Starbucks coffee, because that is easily the most overrated garbage in the history of caffeinated drinks--it tastes like the same grounds have been brewed 5 times over.

I like Starbucks. They have changed their "house" over the years, but it's far better to me than Timmy Ho's or most other places.

Actually, for my coffee, I prefer either of two sources: Wegman's whole espresso beans or Premier's Italian espresso beans. With either, I grind the beans at home and use that as my coffee. I also like REALLY hoppy beer.

Great game. Apparently the U.S. player was warned earlier about slashing the goalie so the call was apt. Was she just daft and figured the ref wouldn't make the call ? Certainly undisciplined. Calls went both ways as they usually do.

That call,… in OT,… really? You can't not call it all game then call it there. There's a time for teaching a lesson, and then there's letting the gold medal game play out.

That call,… in OT,… really? You can't not call it all game then call it there. There's a time for teaching a lesson, and then there's letting the gold medal game play out.

My point is why temp fate ? She had been warned.

Also. Do you remember the delay of game penalty in soccer against the Canadian keeper in London when the U.S. player counted the seconds off to the ref ? these things have a way of coming full circle. The keeper had been warned about holding up the game. She continued to do so and the American player put the ref in the spotlight by counting down the seconds. The ref had to make the call. I blame the Canadian keeper. Not the ref.

Also. Do you remember the delay of game penalty in soccer against the Canadian keeper in London when the U.S. player counted the seconds off to the ref ? these things have a way of coming full circle. The keeper had been warned about holding up the game. She continued to do so and the American player put the ref in the spotlight by counting down the seconds. The ref had to make the call. I blame the Canadian keeper. Not the ref.

Nice, I was trying to remember the soccer game canada got screwed against the us and that was it.

Nice, I was trying to remember the soccer game canada got screwed against the us and that was it.

Another one everyone forgets when they throw around terrible officiating is Salt Lake City. Gold medal game between U.S. / Can. womens teams. Canada won 3-2 but not before overcoming what may have been the worst officiating ever where they were penalized what was it ? 8 times in a row. I could be wrong. Correct me if I am because there's no way one team would be penalized 8 times in a row against a host nation in a gold medal game would they ? Was the fix in on that one or what ?

Another one everyone forgets when they throw around terrible officiating is Salt Lake City. Gold medal game between U.S. / Can. womens teams. Canada won 3-2 but not before overcoming what may have been the worst officiating ever where they were penalized what was it ? 8 times in a row. I could be wrong. Correct me if I am because there's no way one team would be penalized 8 times in a row against a host nation in a gold medal game would they ? Was the fix in on that one or what ?

Wow. What does any of this have to do with the game we saw today?

If you look up ticky tack in the dictionary, you'll find that slashing call.

Edited by SwampD

Wow. What does any of this have to do with the game we saw today?

If you look up ticky tack in the dictionary, you'll find that slashing call.

I guess what it has to do with today is people on the board saying fukc Canada and Canadians because of the officiating. I was just pointing out that officiating has been much worse. As recently as 2002.

The call was unarguably horrible and bad - I have never seen "slashing" called for a player fighting to get a puck that a goalie had not secured BEFORE the whistle blows.

However, the U.S. lost that game in regulation. When the team pissed away a 2 goal lead with 3 minutes and 30 seconds on the clock, they were signaling they were more than happy to get a silver - they had lost their appetite for gold.

this true regarding the coffee, Mcdonalds coffee much better at least in my community.

Definitely, If I want Coffee, I would take a McDonalds coffee over Timmies except for the next few weeks while the Roll-Up Cups are out.

As for the Doughnuts, they aren't as good since the change to the "Par-Baked". I won't pass one up if I am offered one, but they used to be much better when they were actually 'Fresh baked'

Starbucks serves Coffee???

I hear this in Larry David's George Steinbrenner voice.

Same here, I'm also still trying to figure out where he goes that he gets a $15 coffee ($0.75 x 20 = $15!!!)

No one in the US or Canada remembers Soccer...........

You two no longer have the right to make hockey-related comments. :angry:

Et tu, Sizzle? :cry:

Here's the trick with Starbucks. It's not about the taste, but the violent caffeine induced shakes their coffee gives you. I have to imagine it's probably the closest we can get to legalized methamphetamine.

Edited by d4rksabre

Listening to the end of the game on the radio they said that it was a call that normally wouldn't get called but was called to even things out because it was OT, and because they were warned before about it.

If there was a Gold medal awarded at the games for whinning/tantrums, the US would win it without any controversy, I'm sure of that ;) :thumbsup:

Listening to the end of the game on the radio they said that it was a call that normally wouldn't get called but was called to even things out because it was OT, and because they were warned before about it.

If there was a Gold medal awarded at the games for whinning/tantrums, the US would win it without any controversy, I'm sure of that ;) :thumbsup:

Please tell me that you see the irony of this statement.

The game winner was a 5 on 3. I guess that's what the Canadians need to even things out.

Edited by SwampD

And this has always really bothered me. Why are the refs evening things up anyway? Canada couldn't handle the early pressure that the US put on them, so they had to forearm shiver someone from int front of the net. It wasn't even at that point. By saying that, they ardmiting that they influenced the outcome of the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.