SPOILER GDT: USA v. CANADA WOMEN'S GOLD MEDAL GAME

Eleven

Wow these refs are terrible. I want the US to win but why isn't that a penalty shot?

Because that never should have been a slashing call and they knew it. Anyone who doesn't think the refs can influence the outcome of a game needs to watch then end of this one.

Dear Canada, go to hell I hope our Men's team destroys you tomorrow.

Because that never should have been a slashing call and they knew it. Anyone who doesn't think the refs can influence the outcome of a game needs to watch then end of this one.

They just gave Canada a gold medal!

It's a gold for Women's hockey. It's a gold for women who love sports and play sports. I admit, I'm disappointed- I thought USA was dominant throughout the game. But that's the way the puck bounces. I'm just happy to see women's hockey getting the spotlight, if only for a few hours.

Dear Canada, go to hell I hope our Men's team destroys you tomorrow.

They just gave Canada a gold medal!

Don't blame Canada on your choke job.

Ok, after the olympics are over I am going to have to come back to this board so I guess I should just bite my tongue.

Edit: Anything said between now and 24 hours after the Mens game should be exclusive from any future interactions.

Edited by Derrico

I knew when USA was hugging each other at the bench with 5 minutes to go in the third it spelled trouble. When will these coaches learn Alamo Mode is not a sound defensive strategy? USA lost this when they sat back in the last 5 of the third thinking they can D it all the way home.

Doing so gave the refs the green light to influence the game and give Canada the gold. I'm sickened by the whole thing.

Edited by sizzlemeister

Ok, after the olympics are over I am going to have to come back to this board so I guess I should just bite my tongue.

Blame canada? Why not blame the worse Refs I have seen. Still its on for Tomorrow and I want to see Canada's golden boy get owned.

Edit: Anything said between now and 24 hours after the Mens game should be exclusive from any future interactions.

I thought that was a given

This game was awesome but the refs completely took that away in the overtime. The slashing make up call was the worst call I have ever seen in my life. ###### not fair to the women

my thoughts too

Blame canada? Why not blame the worse Refs I have seen. Still its on for Tomorrow and I want to see Canada's golden boy get owned.

Didn't get the feed at work today for some reason so just followed along on twitter so I didn't see the call. However, you don't let up two with 3 and a half to go and that penalty call doesn't even come into play.

I knew when USA was hugging each other at the bench with 5 minutes to go in the third it spelled trouble. When will these coaches learn Alamo Mode is not a sound defensive strategy? USA lost this when they sat back in the last 5 of the third thinking they can D it all the way home.

It's like with football... it's one thing if you've got a 4 or 5 touchdown lead in the 4th, and then switch to "prevent" mode to save your starters from injury. But how many football teams have kissed away leads and wins by switching to 'prevent' too early, or with too small of a lead? You see these NFL coaches make the same dumb miscalculation year after year.

Appears the same thing happened with the US women's team. When you get a team that's unaccustomed to winning, they don't know how to win. You've got to play the entire 60 minutes!!!

Ouch! What a heartbreaker. You can't claim the Gold with any right when you blow a 2 goal lead w/ 3 and change left. Poor girls...this will sting forever.

It needs to sting - because they need the full measure of pain to remember always how they blew it, so they don't make the same mistake in the NEXT Olympics.

Edited by Jsixspd

Didn't get the feed at work today for some reason so just followed along on twitter so I didn't see the call. However, you don't let up two with 3 and a half to go and that penalty call doesn't even come into play.

I don't give a damn what you do or don't do. You don't call the "slashing" penalty either. It was ######. it lead to the a 3v3 that should not have happened and Canada won because of it. ###### you Canada, we will see you tomorrow and I hope your golden boy gets his ass handed to him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.