SPOILER GDT: USA v. CANADA WOMEN'S GOLD MEDAL GAME

Eleven

I don't give a damn what you do or don't do. You don't call the "slashing" penalty either. It was ######. it lead to the a 3v3 that should not have happened and Canada won because of it. ###### you Canada, we will see you tomorrow and I hope your golden boy gets his ass handed to him.

In Central America.... when there are bad calls in soccer games, I've seen video on Youtube where the official gets chased right out of the stadium and right to his vehicle.

I really hope that some other countries get their women's programs up to the level of the US and Canada soon. I'd love to see some other teams involed in these games because it is some pretty darn good effin hockey.

Completely agree. I thought throughtout the tourney there were a few countries that played the Americans and Canadians close. I think it's coming. It's taken a few years where the N.A. teams win by an average of 8 goals but some of these other women's programs are coming along.

Also, stay classy Liger.

Completely agree. I thought throughtout the tourney there were a few countries that played the Americans and Canadians close. I think it's coming. It's taken a few years where the N.A. teams win by an average of 8 goals but some of these other women's programs are coming along.

Also, stay classy Liger.

You know I haven't personally attacked you but keep going... I am starting to think about it.

Hey, now we have a real reason to dislike Canada - the officials hand them the wins. I didn't hear it, but apparently the NBCSN commentators said that the penalty call that resulted in Canada's game winning goal against Latvia was a bit questionable too.

Edited by Jsixspd

That was a Toronto Maple Leafs caliber choke at the end of the 3rd. Unbelievable.

Kessel, Bozak, Just look at your womans teams names, coming from Maple Leaf pedigre there ;)

And of all the countries that should talk about officiating. Amazing how some forget a couple of days ago and the 3rd period of the Russia/US Game?

Not sure if it was on the American broadcast, but the US had been warned earlier in the game about whacking the goalie after a save.

Doesn't change the fact that was a horrible call on lamoureaux.

And I am surprised there isn't more bitching about the penalty call on Wickenheiser's breakaway. Since when has a one-handed push on the butt, away from the boards, been a penalty?

But hockey games aren't that simple, especially between two teams this close.

American keeper made a boneheaded play on the tying goal and was very slow coming across on the winner.

Canadian keeper was huge in the first minute of OT.

US relaxed too early in the third, opened the door and lost their composure.

Poulin had the puck on her stick twice with the game on the line and was ice water money.

Hope the game tomorrow is that entertaining.

Kessel, Bozak, Just look at your womans teams names, coming from Maple Leaf pedigre there ;)

And of all the countries that should talk about officiating. Amazing how some forget a couple of days ago and the 3rd period of the Russia/US Game?

except they went to video replay to make sure the call was right, and the IIHF even backed up the call saying that no matter what if the the net is dislodged prior to the puck crossing, it's a no goal. Arguing that that situation is the same is weak. I'd be pissed if it was us rather than the Russkies, but I'd have lived with it knowing that they went to the video replay AND the IIHF made an after game confirmation that the call was right. Woulda been pissed, but it was right.

Sure.....I hate you and wish you have a terrible day

:)

I found a $5 bill in my pocket this morning that I had forgot about. Bought myself a bagel and XL coffee with it this morning. I've been on cloud 9 ever since but I guess they could have toasted the bagel a couple seconds longer. I want it crispy not doughy!

I found a $5 bill in my pocket this morning that I had forgot about. Bought myself a bagel and XL coffee with it this morning. I've been on cloud 9 ever since but I guess they could have toasted the bagel a couple seconds longer. I want it crispy not doughy!

Now I know you're lying, what kind of Canadian doesn't get Timmy-Ho's donuts with found money?

And I am surprised there isn't more bitching about the penalty call on Wickenheiser's breakaway. Since when has a one-handed push on the butt, away from the boards, been a penalty?

It's pretty obvious they lost the match at the end of the third. The entire OT fiasco would not have happened if they just kept their focus for the last 5 minutes.

It's pretty obvious they lost the match at the end of the third. The entire OT fiasco would not have happened if they just kept their focus for the last 5 minutes.

Yeah. It seemed pretty clear that all momentum had shifted to Canada at that point. They were playing like the Sabres generally do towards the last few minutes of a period - sitting on their heels and letting the puck bang around in their own zone. They achieved similar results to the Sabres too. Canada must have wanted it more, had more motivation, whatever. Guess they decided a silver was good enough.

They are nowhere as good now-a-days, since they mass produce them someplace and don't bake them fresh in each shop.

Oh. And the coffee is crap, too.

Praise Jesus. Praise Allah. I DON'T GET THE TIMMY HO'S COFFEE ADDICTION. That coffee just sucks major wewqjhlenaajsfnas.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.