GDT: Carolina at Buffalo 1-23-14 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

I have been watching since 1970. Went to see them in the Aud, Standing room only, to play the Flyers. That said, I think I can opine about the game. This is what this forum is for.

I have been watching since 1975 when I was 5 years old, and I probably won't watch again until they are at least out of dead last place!

Seems to me tonight was a look into the crystal ball. That's what we can probably expect from the Sabres next year.

The way Nolan coaches we will have an aggressive push, but we won't have the horses to capitalize on all our chances, and we won't have the experience to avoid breakdowns.

And with Miller gone, average goaltending — like we got tonight — will have us on the bottom end of a lot more 4-3 scores.

Oh wait, that's what I posted on Tuesday.

again i love enroth and i think he can be an above average starting goalie. But you cant call out your team, then when they put up 3 goals, give up that type of goal in the 3rd. If im not mistaken he has had the lead in the 3rd the past few games and blew the lead

why not? miller has done that for years

Anyone watching the Preds - Canucks game? Rickshaw? Bunomatic?

Sorry Potato,

just between you and me ( please don't tell anyone ) my wife has me watching American Idol. I've gone back and forth during commercial breaks but am missing most of it. Its 1-0 Canucks midway through the 2nd.

why not? miller has done that for years

I'm not fully sure what you are asking. But, there is such a thing as paying your dues and earning the right to speak up and call out teammates. Let's just say one is a young backup goalie and the other is a franchise goalie who has placed in the Olympics and won the vezina trophy

Enroth was bad tonight. Varone looked ok, seemed to find good spots on the ice to give himself a chance in the offensive zone. Sekera had 3pts, isnt that McBains total for the year. Stafford is hot, trade him quick, lol. Hodgson and Ennis continue to light the lamp, finally!! Win or lose, i'm a Sabres fan all the way!

Goal 1 - Backhand thrown on net. Soft goal

Goal 2 - Straight shot on net from out high. Soft goal

Goal 3 - Ott should have had his man. Saveable shot (as if he was a little taller it would hit his shoulder). But not his fault

Goal 4 - Point shot that slid along the ice. Soft goal

3/4 goals were very preventable

And here is what would have been said if it had been Miller letting in those goals.

1 where was the defense, Sulzer sucks. Not Millers fault, he can't play defense also.

2 the team sucks, Semin went through all 5 guys and Erhroff just stood there, great defense Christian. I don't fault Ryan on that one.

3 Ott screwed up, he needs to take the body, that shot shouldn't have even gotten off. Nothing Miller could do.

4 Miller was screened in front. Defense needs to clear out and let him see the shot. Miller would have stopped it if he could see it, that one is not on him either, the defense needs to do a better job.

These are the lame excuses that would have been made had Miller performed exactly as Enroth did last night, and everybody here knows it.

Edited by BocceBall

If there is a game that deserves only three pages of a GDT it was last night. I've seen more intensity in the line at the new Popeye's than the two teams showed last night. That was a game played by two teams that seemed like they couldn't care less that they were playing in a National Hockey League game.

Any fan that showed up for that game deserves a refund.

Enroth was bad tonight. Varone looked ok, seemed to find good spots on the ice to give himself a chance in the offensive zone. Sekera had 3pts, isnt that McBains total for the year. Stafford is hot, trade him quick, lol. Hodgson and Ennis continue to light the lamp, finally!! Win or lose, i'm a Sabres fan all the way!

Not that it matters but McBain has 9pts. Also we didn't trade Sekera for McBain, we traded Sekera for Compher and got McBain as part of the deal. The key to that deal was the 2nd round pick and specifically Compher. Compher has 16pts in 19gp at U.Mich

Edited by LGR4GM

Goal 1 - Backhand thrown on net. Soft goal

Goal 2 - Straight shot on net from out high. Soft goal

Goal 3 - Ott should have had his man. Saveable shot (as if he was a little taller it would hit his shoulder). But not his fault

Goal 4 - Point shot that slid along the ice. Soft goal

3/4 goals were very preventable

Sounds like Ryan Miller last year. Soft goal after soft goal.

Not that it matters but McBain has 9pts. Also we didn't trade Sekera for McBain, we traded Sekera for Compher and got McBain as part of the deal. The key to that deal was the 2nd round pick and specifically Compher. Compher has 16pts in 19gp at U.Mich

The deal only makes sense if Compher becomes a better NHL player than Sekera is now. That is possible but not likely.

That was quietly one of Darcy's worst moves.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.