Hired: Tim Murray, GM and Craig Patrick, Advisor

That Aud Smell

At this moment I don't think there is any way we pass on Reinhart if he's there. Still a small amount of time for that to change but it's highly doubtful. These things don't change this late in the process.

Yep I'd be surprised if we dont as well. As for the isle pick I hope they move vanek and keep free falling. Two top 5 picks would be amazing.

Yep I'd be surprised if we dont as well. As for the isle pick I hope they move vanek and keep free falling. Two top 5 picks would be amazing.

If we came away with Reinhart and Bennett or Dal Colle I think we'd all be ecstatic. That said, count me in the group that thinks if the Isles pick top-5,they keep the pick this year. I'm also totally okay with that, as I'll gladly take even an extra 5% chance at McDavid/Eichel.

If we came away with Reinhart and Bennett or Dal Colle I think we'd all be ecstatic. That said, count me in the group that thinks if the Isles pick top-5,they keep the pick this year. I'm also totally okay with that, as I'll gladly take even an extra 5% chance at McDavid/Eichel.

Even if it's top 5 I'd prefer the isles defer, with them losing vanek and having a tough time attracting free agents I doubt they will be much better next year. If they end up in the bottom five this year it's a win win in my eyes.

Even if it's top 5 I'd prefer the isles defer, with them losing vanek and having a tough time attracting free agents I doubt they will be much better next year. If they end up in the bottom five this year it's a win win in my eyes.

I agree I don't think many players are wanting to go to the Islanders. Now if they can keep Vanek and maybe trade for another decent player and goalie I think they would be a playoff team. Maybe not this year because they are far back but in years to come. If snow is smart if they lose Vanek and get nothing back I would almost certainly keep the 2015 1st rounder and give my team a good chance to land McDavid. I just don't see the Islanders being that much better next year losing Vanek and it's not a place where free agents want to go.

I agree I don't think many players are wanting to go to the Islanders. Now if they can keep Vanek and maybe trade for another decent player and goalie I think they would be a playoff team. Maybe not this year because they are far back but in years to come. If snow is smart if they lose Vanek and get nothing back I would almost certainly keep the 2015 1st rounder and give my team a good chance to land McDavid. I just don't see the Islanders being that much better next year losing Vanek and it's not a place where free agents want to go.

One big reason to support wanting them to give us the 1st rounder in 2014 is that if they know their 2015 1st rounder isn't theirs, they're going to go all-out doing everything they can this summer not to hit rock bottom. They're not going to let themselves be in the bottom 5 again in 2015. They'll overspend on free agents or make crazy trades to help them immediately, but that management team does NOT want to give us the first round pick that ends up being McDavid or Eichel.

All they have to do is keep their 2014 1st rounder, then overpay Ryan Miller as a free agent, and what we'll end up with is a 1st rounder in the 10-20 range for 2015.

One big reason to support wanting them to give us the 1st rounder in 2014 is that if they know their 2015 1st rounder isn't theirs, they're going to go all-out doing everything they can this summer not to hit rock bottom. They're not going to let themselves be in the bottom 5 again in 2015. They'll overspend on free agents or make crazy trades to help them immediately, but that management team does NOT want to give us the first round pick that ends up being McDavid or Eichel.

All they have to do is keep their 2014 1st rounder, then overpay Ryan Miller as a free agent, and what we'll end up with is a 1st rounder in the 10-20 range for 2015.

Miller is not going to the Islanders end of story!

Miller is not going to the Islanders end of story!

II'm not saying he is. It's an example of what they could do.

They're not going to sit back and let that 2015 pick make all our dreams come true. They're going to try to make it less valuable so that they have up less to us in that trade.

II'm not saying he is. It's an example of what they could do.

They're not going to sit back and let that 2015 pick make all our dreams come true. They're going to try to make it less valuable so that they have up less to us in that trade.

Try as they may, it's still Garth Snow doing the trying. Presumably they were trying this year too, and look how that's working out ;)

Try as they may, it's still Garth Snow doing the trying. Presumably they were trying this year too, and look how that's working out ;)

Crazier things have happened. I just want people to understand that the Islanders are not going to defer so that they can give us the no.1 pick next season. If they defer, it's because they're going to do everything they can to get better next season.

They're moving to Brooklyn and are willing to spend money. Watching them this year, they aren't *that* far off from being decent. And there's no guarantee it's Snow in charge again.

Crazier things have happened. I just want people to understand that the Islanders are not going to defer so that they can give us the no.1 pick next season. If they defer, it's because they're going to do everything they can to get better next season.

They're moving to Brooklyn and are willing to spend money. Watching them this year, they aren't *that* far off from being decent. And there's no guarantee it's Snow in charge again.

Yes they're moving to Brooklyn but I'm still not convinced wang will open the cheque book.

He's not....Patty is. Patty is the one who can look at TPeg with that soothing smile and say..."It's ok Terry. Sit back and relax....just let it happen."

Murray is John Butler reincarnate. He just doesn't have Butler's "shoeshine charm".

I fully expect one of Hodgson, Myers or Foligno to be dealt, along with Miller and probably Moulson. I think Ted may lobby for Ott, and if Patty does too, they will try to sign him this month. Ott is an awesome asset to trade though before a playoffs. If Gaustad got a 1st, he should get a 1st and a real prospect.

He's gonna get his groove on, and a bunch here will not like a name or two that gets dealt.

I like his pest game, but other than that, IMHO he's the prototypical Sabres forward - Hands of stone in the worst way, and I don't see why he would bring anything special?

But then again, Gaustad was even worse, so what do I know?

I think Snow will be under too much pressure this offseason to defer the pick. He will need to grossly over spend on free agents and I could see the Islanders giving Callahan the contract he wants.

Murray is John Butler reincarnate. He just doesn't have Butler's "shoeshine charm".

So far, nothing. Murray has been interviewed and that's the only thing we can go by with this man. I'm starting to suspect that he's a doughier, gum chewing version of Darcy, always with the standoffish double talk. I'm not sure he has the flair to pull off the kind of trades Regier pulled off these last few years, since he himself admitted, he hasn't developed a trusted circle of trading partners yet. Darcy's problem was he could pull off amazing trades but it never amounted to anything. Remember, Murray is a rookie GM we're talking about here. I wouldn't expect too much.

Btw my prediction: Regier replaces Snow.

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1373&id=557250&lang=en&navid=DL|BUF|home

Any doors that Murray needs opened this year, Patrick and Lafontaine can open for him. While it remains to be seen how Murray does, just taking a chance on him is an improvement over Regier.

Caveat up front: I'm pretty vocal as the number 1 fan of the anti-TM fan club.

Change for the sake of change does not always beget positive change. Things can go sideways or even backwards. Murray is about as exciting to me as throwing cucumbers into a salad.

Edited by wjag

Caveat up front: I'm pretty vocal as the number 1 fan of the anti-TM fan club.

Change for the sake of change does not always beget positive change. Things can go sideways or even backwards. Murray is about as exciting to me as throwing cucumbers into a salad.

There's already an anti Tm fanclub?? I guess that is the world of sports.

There's already an anti Tm fanclub?? I guess that is the world of sports.

Yep... Charter member... Want to join?

It really is not that surprising is it? Did not like the choice then; don't like it now. I am prepared to shutter it if he shows me that he can build a winner. My gut, and nothing more, tells me that he was the wrong choice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.