Hired: Tim Murray, GM and Craig Patrick, Advisor

That Aud Smell

Well I mentioned at 12:35 today after listening to it on the radio that MacLean said the assistant GM would be a shocker and he knew who it was but wouldn't announce but it was an agent. I have no idea who this would be and as I stated earlier I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. I also laughed at the fact he's busting Tim's balls about not responding to his text with congrats and Tim says that's because a) I didn't want you to jinx it and b) you sent the text to Terry Murray!

Chz?

Hell no. These guys are going nowhere. Have to reach the cap floor somehow.

Still believe Leino is bought out either way. They'll get to the floor. His deal still has three years on it and you can't just have that hanging around. Buy him out and get to the floor some other way.

Still believe Leino is bought out either way. They'll get to the floor. His deal still has three years on it and you can't just have that hanging around. Buy him out and get to the floor some other way.

Depends what they do in FA and with Miller. If Miller walks and we do not sign any high dollar FA they have to keep him. After next year he gets bought out. I just have no idea how if Miller/Ott/Moulson leave we can reach the floor.

Depends what they do in FA and with Miller. If Miller walks and we do not sign any high dollar FA they have to keep him. After next year he gets bought out. I just have no idea how if Miller/Ott/Moulson leave we can reach the floor.

Compliance buyouts are gone after this offseason, IIRC. Might as well use at least one.

Edited by Tankalicious

It's the next giant step in rebuilding this franchise into something great. It sucks that you can't enjoy the ride.

I can enjoy it but have been promised too many times and disappointed every time. This time it seems like we actually have smart hockey people in charge so i hope it works. It also sucks that I get blasted on here every time I don't agree with everyone here 100%.

Don Meehan may not be in the news as much the days, but he was among the most powerful men in hockey.

And he also must have made a mint as an agent with such a large stable.

Becoming an assistant GM would have to be a step back for him, unless he views it as a retirement project.

As an aside, I sat near Meehan during the draft in Vancouver. He was a centre of respect and attention.

Couldn't believe the number of GMs and media types glad handing him.

Don Meehan may not be in the news as much the days, but he was among the most powerful men in hockey.

Becoming an assistant GM would have to be a step back for him, unless he views it as a retirement project.

As an aside, I sat near Meehan during the draft in Vancouver. He was a centre of respect and attention.

It certainly would be fun to have him around wouldn't it? Our front office would be like Ocean's 11.

Edited by d4rksabre

Compliance buyouts are gone after this offseason, IIRC. Might as well use at least one.

yep. this is the year to buyout if we are going to.

It certainly would be fun to have him around wouldn't it? Our front office would be like Ocean's 11.

awesome

This wouldn't be a step back. For these guys its a new challenge. Mike Gillis came from the ranks of the agents with no G.M. experience at all. I think you're dealing with massive ego with a lot of these guys and there's only so many ways they can sate that.

I can enjoy it but have been promised too many times and disappointed every time. This time it seems like we actually have smart hockey people in charge so i hope it works. It also sucks that I get blasted on here every time I don't agree with everyone here 100%.

Your point the other day seemed to be that Pegula sucks because the team is currently so bad. As if a good owner would just be able to close his eyes tight and wish hard and wins would magically appear. There is a process and other than not replacing Darcy sooner, it seems he's making all the right moves.

You appear to just want to shout "Yay!" when they've already won and "Boo!" when they've already lost, and ignore the process to improve the team altogether because you've been burned so many times before. I don't understand why you'd involve yourself in discussions about the front office with nothing more to contribute than what equates to "stop getting excited about the new hires because they haven't worked in the past".

And trying to stop other people from getting excited about the process is why you got "blasted".

My bad for not realizing that. Still don't think they buy him out.

There is really no rational reason for keeping him whatsoever, I think it would send a poor message if we kept him on this team.... Zero goals and not much else brought to the ice with him

Its the equivalent of me botching surgery for 4 months straight and expecting the hospital and group to recredential me.... Just ain't gonna happen

The thing is, nucci, these people are never around to admit they were wrong.

Am I misreading this, or is your premise that if it doesn't work out with Murray and Patrick I should post a message when they're replaced that I was wrong back in January of 2014 for being excited about the direction the franchise was taking?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.