Hired: Tim Murray, GM and Craig Patrick, Advisor

That Aud Smell

Good post. I think though that in Anaheim's case, cap space isn't as important as actual cash spent, and this is where signing Miller becomes problematic. They are at $63MM in cash payroll right now. Your scenario has them increasing to $65MM and that includes only 11 forwards and 6 D, plus pretty cheap contracts for their 2 RFAs. Another forward and another D, plus perhaps another $1MM for the 2 RFAs, and now they're approaching $68MM, which is likely too pricey for them.

Moreover, as you pointed out, for the following year, they will have to remake their D group.

It just doesn't seem consistent with their budget-minded approach to go from young and cheap in goal to old and expensive.

Why do you say $68MM is too pricey for them? A big name goalie only serves to keep fan interest in the team. They will make the money there in Anaheim. I'm not aware of them being in trouble financially. Remaking their D with the open money shouldn't be hard to do. In addition there the cap is likely to continue rising so there's money every year to sign players with.

I don't see Miller going to the Ducks. The Blues seem more likely to me. Anaheim is the top overall team right now, so there is a danger in them messing with anything at this point.

Just to clarify. The discussion is where Miller ends up in the offseason. The Ducks would be crazy to change anything at this point barring an injury.

GMTM was good listen yesterday on GR. Cemented the fact to me Miller is moving. Interesting that he created his own rating system and our scouts are to use it and not be sitting at a computer all day. I'm sure it's on their audio vault.

Who was he on with? I'm trying to find it in the audio vault.

GMTM was good listen yesterday on GR. Cemented the fact to me Miller is moving. Interesting that he created his own rating system and our scouts are to use it and not be sitting at a computer all day. I'm sure it's on their audio vault.

Thanks for the link, I found his comments regarding taking less for Mike Fisher in order to better take care of the player interesting.

Murray uses the Rinknet rating system which several teams and sites use as well. Most specifically ISS rankings use rinknet.

Murray uses the Rinknet rating system which several teams and sites use as well. Most specifically ISS rankings use rinknet.

I believe Rinknet is the software, which the Sabres were already using.

Murray has his own rating system that he applies to that software.

Thanks. So This guy strikes me as a really sharp guy that should serve us very well. He did say that if a scout has a guy at 5+ and he has him at 3.9 the scout would have some explaining to do etc. This was good info and he came across as far more comfortable in this interview than the first ones he gave.

I am very happy he was the choice and look forward to what he is going to do.

F@@K Darcy and F@@k Lindy. It is amazing to me the steaming pile of dung that these two left behind. And Eleven, just save it. These two were one and the same for 97 years and are both just as culpable for the mess that is the Sabres.

I can honestly say that I have no idea how long it is going to take to make this team even watchable, let alone competitive.

This sucks.

F@@K Darcy and F@@k Lindy. It is amazing to me the steaming pile of dung that these two left behind. And Eleven, just save it. These two were one and the same for 97 years and are both just as culpable for the mess that is the Sabres.

I can honestly say that I have no idea how long it is going to take to make this team even watchable, let alone competitive.

This sucks.

I'm starting to think you are right and it will the years to sort this cluster out.

I'm starting to think you are right and it will the years to sort this cluster out.

3 or 4 players. A top line and a goalie if you trade Miller. They have plenty of talent for the 4th through 12th forward and the defense will be fine. Not sure about the coach yet. It can all be done in two years if TM is the right guy

3 or 4 players. A top line and a goalie if you trade Miller. They have plenty of talent for the 4th through 12th forward and the defense will be fine. Not sure about the coach yet. It can all be done in two years if TM is the right guy

Like I said. I have no idea how long it will take.

That's exactly what every terrible team needs to be a good team.

That's actually my point. As bad as it looks, it doesn't take a lot when you have the right people in place. If you do, it's a year or two. If you don't, even 5 years isn't enough.

you think you can get 4top six forwards in a year or two? Maybe in development but not ready to roll.

you think you can get 4top six forwards in a year or two? Maybe in development but not ready to roll.

First, I said 3. The fourth player would be a goalie to replace Miller.

I expect TM to trade some of his assets for a couple of top 6 forward prospects to go with Hodgson and Girgs, a draft pick and. 1 or two FA signings. You add in one or two guys coming up out of all the draft choices to add depth and you won't even remember the names of 9 or 10 of the forwards that are playing now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.