Matt Ellis recalled

BuffaloBorn

Well, I think Nolan and PLF both believe in playing veterans who play responsibly and passionately over more-talented kids who haven't really learned the NHL game yet. Given the night-and-day difference in the team's play under Nolan, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt on these decisions.

Nolan's decision making process is questionable. Being "impressed" with Ellis, playing Foligno on the 4th line, waiving Tropp in favor of D'Agostini, playing Flynn at all, sitting McNabb with regularity. Not impressive.

If our goal is to win the SC, isn't Foligno on the 4th line just about right?

If our goal is to win the SC, isn't Foligno on the 4th line just about right?

While I know why you say that, on this team he's top 6 potential, on a contender I see him as a 3rd line guy who can play top 6 and the PP in front of the net. He's too good to play the same minutes as John Scott.

I'm torn on the Foligno front because what ink says is true.

At the same time, I appreciate the idea of some tough love and Marcus seems like a kid that might benefit.

He certainly hasn't played the way he can and was a liability yesterday.

Lets be clear. All three coaches last year and this have had zero talent to work with. If Nolan is juggling guys like Flynn, Ellis, Tropp, D Agostini , Scott and losers like Stafford and Leino in and out of the lineup he clearly doesn't have much to play with. I'm sure I missed some. This team sukcs.

Well, I think Nolan and PLF both believe in playing veterans who play responsibly and passionately over more-talented kids who haven't really learned the NHL game yet. Given the night-and-day difference in the team's play under Nolan, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt on these decisions.

I'm hoping it is nothing more than evaluating everyone under contract prior to Judgement Day.

While I know why you say that, on this team he's top 6 potential, on a contender I see him as a 3rd line guy who can play top 6 and the PP in front of the net. He's too good to play the same minutes as John Scott.

While I agree with you 100% (and of course it's been obvious all season), this post really hit home as to how far we are from being a championship-caliber team.

Archived