• Czech Republic
    • Slovakia
    • Finland
    • Austria
    • Norway
    • Latvia
    • Slovenia
    • Switzerland

Would that suck or what, to lose one of your star players for the last 1/3rd of the season due to an injury at the Olympics? It was an outside chance for the Islanders to crawl into the playoffs but still..... must be a major source of frustration for the Islander fan-base.

It's one thing if he were injured during a regular season game,,,,, but in an extra-curricular activity like the Olympics? Jiminey Christmas!

I'm glad the U.S./Canada game is tomorrow. It's nice having a day where you can simply enjoy what the U.S. has accomplished so far and at the same time have excitement for the semi-final game against Canada. No watching the clock to make sure you don't miss the game. No type of nervousness so to speak. Can just relax the hockey mind today. Being a die fan of the Sabres and the U.S. of A. is so awesome. Just gotta love it.

Except I'm nervous about beating Canada for the women's hockey gold medal in 3 hours. U! S! A!

Would that suck or what, to lose one of your star players for the last 1/3rd of the season due to an injury at the Olympics? It was an outside chance for the Islanders to crawl into the playoffs but still..... must be a major source of frustration for the Islander fan-base.

It's one thing if he were injured during a regular season game,,,,, but in an extra-curricular activity like the Olympics? Jiminey Christmas!

Why?

Now they out tank the Sabres, get the #1 overall pick, draft Reinhart, get Tavares back for next season @100% plus some additional assets moving Vanek, actually make moves to get better for next year and not 10 years from now and end up in the playoffs next year when we would get their #1 pick in the early 20s.

oh wait, Garth Snow is making the decisions, forget what I just said, they are screwed. He would probably trade away the Reinhart pick for some magic beans...........

Edited by apuszczalowski

Commentator said - "She plays the puck AND the man at the same time" - :lol:

I heard them discussing how "looks like she's going for the hot pocket back there" in reference to the area better known as the office.... Oh man, I love British people. Also, they're not lines, they're units.

Also... America draws first blood! Not sure if we're using this as a GDT since one doesn't exist.... Sorry for the spoiler.

Sick?!! With two games left to the gold???? He gonna lay on the couch with a Power Rangers blankee and watch cartoons??? With a medal on the line?????? C'mon, let's go!!! He needs a General Patton to try and remind himof his obligations, both as a man, and as an American!

PattonSlap.jpg

:lol:

Peter Forsberg has fired the first volley in the Gold medal game officiating controversy. ' It's a fukcing joke ' or words to that effect was what he said. The game is to be officiated by Canadian refs and I have to say I agree with Forsberg. If you can't have a fair situation for all teams involved at least try to have the appearance of fairness to both teams. Why can't it be U.S. N.H.L. officials if it has to be experienced N.H.L. officials ? As a Canadian I find this odd. I can understand why a Swede would be pissed.

Peter Forsberg has fired the first volley in the Gold medal game officiating controversy. ' It's a fukcing joke ' or words to that effect was what he said. The game is to be officiated by Canadian refs and I have to say I agree with Forsberg. If you can't have a fair situation for all teams involved at least try to have the appearance of fairness to both teams. Why can't it be U.S. N.H.L. officials if it has to be experienced N.H.L. officials ? As a Canadian I find this odd. I can understand why a Swede would be pissed.

Never make Foppa mad.

eteran Swedish defenceman Niklas Kronwall of the Detroit Red Wings believes that both teams can benefit from North American officials.

"We are used to having referees from USA and Canada in the NHL," said Kronwall. "We know their standards so I think it's easier for us too if the referees are from there."

Former Norris Trophy winner and Ottawa Senators standout Erik Karlsson agreed with his fellow blueliner.

"I think most referees over there [in the National Hockey League] are Canadian, too," said Karlsson. "They probably support Montreal or Toronto, but they don't make any difference there. I couldn't care less about what the referees do. As you saw yesterday, we had two power plays, Finland had a lot, and we still won the game. It's nothing we can control and neither can Canada.

the referee's where chosen by their experience and skill level not nationality. Was a time international hockey did otherwise and the game was adversely effected. These are professional referees, who would not be able to live down the same of doing nothing less than the best job they can possibly do. The comments otherwise flat out nonsense.

Edited by millbank

There's always the chance that it swings the other way, and the on-ice officials get so worried about not being biased towards Canada, that they'll end being biased against them instead. Fobba's remarks in the press tells me he's lobbying for exactly that.

That said, the stripes usually don't need an excuse to ruin a good game, so why would they need one now? :wallbash:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.