GDT: Detroit at Buffalo 11-24-13 at 5:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

BZnqH2_IIAECWOH.jpg

DET (10-6-7) at BUF (5-18-1) – NOV 24 – 5:00PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-AM

Red Wings aim to continue domination of Sabres

Game Preview: 11/24/13 vs Detroit

Ted Nolan Interview (11/24/13)

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup (pending morning skate & warmups)

26 Matt Moulson – 19 Cody Hodgson – 21 Drew Stafford

63 Tyler Ennis – 23 Ville Leino – 9 Steve Ott ("C")

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 25 Mikhail Grigorenko – 72 Luke Adam

82 Marcus Foligno – 65 Brian Flynn – 78 Corey Tropp

X: 32 John Scott

52 Alexander Sulzer – 10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A")

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 57 Tyler Myers

44 Brayden McNabb – 3 Mark Pysyk

X: 4 Jamie McBain, 6 Mike Weber

30 Ryan Miller

1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Buffalo scratched Brian Flynn, Mark Pysyk and Corey Tropp in Tuesday's 4-1 loss at Philadelphia.

Weekly Transactions

Buffalo recalled Luke Adam and Brayden McNabb on Wednesday and announced on Saturday that in the wake of

Cody McCormick's trip to IR with an UBI, Alexander Sulzer has also been recalled.

DETROIT RED WINGS

Projected Lineup (pending 11/24 optional skate & warmups)

93 Johan Franzen – 40 Henrik Zetterberg ("C") – 14 Gustav Nyquist

71 Daniel Cleary – 90 Stephen Weiss – 11 Daniel Alfredsson

21 Tomas Tatar – 43 Darren Helm – 8 Justin Abdelkader

20 Drew Miller – 18 Joakim Andersson – 37 Mikael Samuelsson

X: 13 Pavel Datsyuk ("A"), 44 Todd Bertuzzi

52 Jonathan Ericsson – 55 Niklas Kronwall ("A")

27 Kyle Quincey – 2 Brendan Smith

23 Brian Lashoff – 4 Jakub Kindl

X: n/a

50 Jonas Gustavsson

35 Jimmy Howard

Lineup News & Notes

In last night's 4-2 loss to Ottawa, the Red Wings lost Jakub Kindl to a hip injury in the third period; his status for Sunday's visit to the Buffalo Sabres wasn't immediately known. Forward Stephen Weiss returned to the lineup, and Todd Bertuzzi was scratched with an upper-body injury. Weiss had missed six games with a groin injury. Daniel Alfredsson did not play for Detroit against his former team. He has missed five games with a groin injury.

Weekly Transactions

Detroit signed Andreas Athanasiou to a 3-yr ELC on Wednesday. On Thursday, Danny DeKeyser was placed on LTIR,

allowing Detroit to recall Gustav Nyquist from Grand Rapids/AHL. Trevor Parkes was also reassigned to Toledo/ECHL.

Thank you for the (again) perfect game day preparation.

I think we can win today.

We had 3 days rest and time to train. Detroit played last night against Ottawa. They lost Pavel Datsyuk due to a elbow against his head and respective concussion. Detroit is in a bad shape.

So i belive we have a fair 50% chance to win.

3:2 Buffalo

Red Wings' Pavel Datsyuk out for Sunday's game at Buffalo after being elbowed in the head (video)

The Detroit Red Wings will be missing their best player Sunday when they visit the Buffalo Sabres, as Pavel Datsyuk didn’t make the trip due to a possible concussion.

Datsyuk was elbowed in the jaw by defenseman Jared Cowen with 7:48 remaining in the Ottawa Senators’ 4-2 victory Saturday at Joe Louis Arena.

Datsyuk was shaken up momentarily but got up and played three more shifts. His last shift, however, lasted only 12 seconds, and he did not play in the final 1:51.

“We left him behind,’’ general manager Ken Holland told MLive.com. “After the game he felt, I don’t know the word, but he wasn’t quite right. We’re going through the protocol, see how he feels in the next day or two.’’

I always try to be optimistic, but it's getting frustrating seeing the constant flip flopping of the line up and lines. I know that Nolan doesn't know these guys yet, but I think you have to give them more than one game together. You have guys on the 3rd and 4th lines one night and their on the 1st and 2nd lines the next. I think a key to winning is getting some continuity, letting players get familiar with their linemates. This drove me crazy watching Rolson doing it and even when Lindy did it at times.

I like the new 3rd and fourth line grouping think the could last a while and the third line could be a number 1 or 2 in a couple years while the fourth might make a great checking line. The first 2, cant add much except expect more of the same. Only 3 out of the six work and show any toughness.

The Sabres always look outclassed against Detroit.

I read this post and thought what if you took two teams that fans were familiar with and changed the uniforms. Not the numbers and names on the back, just have them wear the other teams uniforms. Fans go into games almost pre-programmed. I wounder what type of effect on the fans it would have.

Archived