Sabres visit Philadelphia to face surging Flyers

ADAM, McNABB RECALLED, EXCITED TO BE BACK

Sabres In :90 (11/20/13)

Ted Nolan Press Conference (11/20/13)

Luke Adam Interview (11/20/13)

Brayden McNabb Interivew (11/20/13)

Mikhail Grigorenko Interview (11/20/13)

Digital PressBox Game Preview: 11/21/13 at Philadelphia

Sabres vs Flyers Game Notes PDF (11/21/13)

Special significance to Berube-Nolan matchup

ADAM, McNABB, GRIGORENKO IN FOR SABRES

Dunleavy: Sabres-Flyers Preview (11/21/13)

Ted Nolan Interview (11/21/13)

Brayden McNabb Interivew (11/21/13)

Cody McCormick Interview (11/21/13)

Luke Adam Interview (11/21/13)

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup (after pregame warmups)

63 Tyler Ennis – 19 Cody Hodgson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons

26 Matt Moulson – 9 Steve Ott ("C") – 82 Marcus Foligno

72 Luke Adam – 25 Mikhail Grigorenko – 21 Drew Stafford

32 John Scott – 23 Ville Leino – 8 Cody McCormick

X: 65 Brian Flynn, 78 Corey Tropp

6 Mike Weber – 10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A")

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 57 Tyler Myers

44 Brayden McNabb – 4 Jamie McBain

X: 3 Mark Pysyk

30 Ryan Miller

1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Buffalo scratched Mikhail Grigorenko in Tuesday's 4-1 loss to St. Louis. Grigorenko's conditioning reassignment to

Rochester/AHL was denied by the NHL.

Weekly Transactions

Buffalo reassigned Johan Larsson and Rasmus Ristolainen to Rochester/AHL on Tuesday, while Nikita Zadorov was

returned to London/OHL. Luke Adam and Brayden McNabb were recalled on Wednesday.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

Projected Lineup (pending morning skate)

19 Scott Hartnell ("A") – 28 Claude Giroux ("C") – 93 Jakub Voracek

10 Brayden Schenn – 40 Vincent Lecavalier – 17 Wayne Simmonds

24 Matt Read – 14 Sean Couturier – 9 Steve Downie

36 Zac Rinaldo – 18 Adam Hall – 37 Jay Rosehill

X: 12 Michael Raffl

44 Kimmo Timonen ("A") – 5 Braydon Coburn

8 Nicklas Grossmann – 32 Mark Streit

29 Erik Gustafsson – 22 Luke Schenn

X: 41 Andrej Meszaros, 75 Hal Gill

35 Steve Mason

29 Ray Emery

Lineup News & Notes

Philadelphia scratched Hal Gill, Andrej Meszaros and Michael Raffl in Tuesday's 5-2 win vs Ottawa. Marc-Andre

Bourdon (concussion) and Chris Pronger (concussion) remain inactive.

Weekly Transactions

None.

SABRES & ENTERCOM BUFFALO PARTNER FOR TURKEY DRIVE

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that they will partner with Entercom Buffalo for a Thanksgiving turkey drive this Thursday, Nov. 21, to benefit local food pantries. The turkey drive will take place from 7-9 a.m. in the parking lot at the Entercom Buffalo offices, located at 500 Corporate Parkway, Buffalo, NY 14226.

For every 20-pound turkey dropped off, the Sabres will give away two tickets to an upcoming game to the donor. Tickets (maximum of four per person) will be distributed immediately at the drop-off site for games against Montreal (Nov. 27), New York Rangers (Dec. 5), Ottawa (Dec. 10) and Winnipeg (Dec. 17).

All proceeds from the event will directly benefit the Buffalo City Mission and the Food Bank of Western New York.

After listening to Nolan's Presser yesterday, I'm still scratching my head for a sensible rationale on why they're moving Girgensons to the Wing. What he was saying did not compute for me.

he didn't really offer one, did he? i heard him say that he likes him at center, likes him at wing, but foresees him being an absolute beast on the wing in ~3 years or so (and therefore a better fit there?).

After listening to Nolan's Presser yesterday, I'm still scratching my head for a sensible rationale on why they're moving Girgensons to the Wing. What he was saying did not compute for me.

I get the feeling there is a ton going on in the front offices at this point in time and it's making it difficult to provide clear direction. If this is still happening a month or two from now I will be more concerned but we're early on in the new process and there are a lot of moving parts.

There could be something with Grigorenko as to why they have not played him. I mean something more than what we know. My other thought is that they really want to know what veterans on this team are going to be the kind they want to build around and which ones they want to move. Playing Grigorenko isn't going to help the cause of moving any of them for any value. If Leino is scratched constantly then his trade value goes down even further. After all, if he can't be in the lineup on a crappy team how good can he be? At least with him on the ice there's a chance people chalk it up to the rest of the team or the culture, etc.

I'm just going to be patient and enjoy the ride for now.

And I hope they beat the Flyers.

I get the feeling there is a ton going on in the front offices at this point in time and it's making it difficult to provide clear direction. If this is still happening a month or two from now I will be more concerned but we're early on in the new process and there are a lot of moving parts.

There could be something with Grigorenko as to why they have not played him. I mean something more than what we know. My other thought is that they really want to know what veterans on this team are going to be the kind they want to build around and which ones they want to move. Playing Grigorenko isn't going to help the cause of moving any of them for any value. If Leino is scratched constantly then his trade value goes down even further. After all, if he can't be in the lineup on a crappy team how good can he be? At least with him on the ice there's a chance people chalk it up to the rest of the team or the culture, etc.

I'm just going to be patient and enjoy the ride for now.

And I hope they beat the Flyers.

This.

GO SABRES !

SABRES & ENTERCOM BUFFALO PARTNER FOR TURKEY DRIVE

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that they will partner with Entercom Buffalo for a Thanksgiving turkey drive this Thursday, Nov. 21, to benefit local food pantries. The turkey drive will take place from 7-9 a.m. in the parking lot at the Entercom Buffalo offices, located at 500 Corporate Parkway, Buffalo, NY 14226.

For every 20-pound turkey dropped off, the Sabres will give away two tickets to an upcoming game to the donor. Tickets (maximum of four per person) will be distributed immediately at the drop-off site for games against Montreal (Nov. 27), New York Rangers (Dec. 5), Ottawa (Dec. 10) and Winnipeg (Dec. 17).

All proceeds from the event will directly benefit the Buffalo City Mission and the Food Bank of Western New York.

@BuffaloSabres

$50,000 in turkeys. Amazing! Thank you #Buffalo! #Sabres #TurkeyDrive

BZmrgiqCIAAdJgD.jpg

I'd rather see grigorenko in place of leino

Grigo's development has been so ###### up. At least Ruff seemed to have an idea of when/why he sat Grigo. I'm also a bit confused by Nolan's blank slate idea. Grigo has yet to play a game for him...

Grigorenko will play tonight.

But, but, how can he play?

He's having conditioning issues!

I went down there, it took me an hour to drop off my turkeys. Worth the wait, and very cool that there were so many people. Danny Gare was there greeting people in a jersey, which was pretty awesome, too.

Cool. Thanks for giving. :thumbsup: What game did you get?

@BNHarrington

Emery will be in goal for #Flyers tonight. On your toes, Miller! #sabres

Archived