All About Ted Nolan

Eleven

Bob and Doug Mackenzie called it back bacon. That pretty much settles it, eh?

Thats only to make sure you Americans understand what they were talking about

What do you call normal bacon? I know Bubbles and Ricky, whom I believe to be your prime minister and governor general, respectively, just call it "bacon."

Thats Prime Minister and Mayor of Toronto, Julian is the Gov. General

its all Bacon

• 2 weeks later...

I like Nolan, but after his pressers since this weekend, and the last presser with GMTM, and, frankly, two Blues games, I don't know if I want him to coach the Sabres anymore.

This morning's interview on WGR was a tiny bit better, but he sets the tone of the team. Look how frickin' happy Miller has seemed the past several days. If Nolan is going to walk around with his heart on his sleeve the rest of the week, to me that's too long. These players don't need a mirror of their emotions right now, they need someone to show them how to steel up and face adversity with confidence.

Don't know...I'm still thinking this one through, I dig that it's been crazy for him and the team. As he says "it's been tough..." but he needs to snap out of it pronto or I really don't think he should make it past this year. All he is doing right now, to me, is reversing the gains he and PLF may have made in "changing the culture".

I like Nolan, but after his pressers since this weekend, and the last presser with GMTM, and, frankly, two Blues games, I don't know if I want him to coach the Sabres anymore.

This morning's interview on WGR was a tiny bit better, but he sets the tone of the team. Look how frickin' happy Miller has seemed the past several days. If Nolan is going to walk around with his heart on his sleeve the rest of the week, to me that's too long. These players don't need a mirror of their emotions right now, they need someone to show them how to steel up and face adversity with confidence.

Don't know...I'm still thinking this one through, I dig that it's been crazy for him and the team. As he says "it's been tough..." but he needs to snap out of it pronto or I really don't think he should make it past this year. All he is doing right now, to me, is reversing the gains he and PLF may have made in "changing the culture".

And furthermore him saying there is no timetable to sign the contract? Ha! GMTM will undoubtedly take that as a sign he doesn't want to be here and move on. The fact there is a three year contract on the table will not reflect well on Teddy no matter what if he doesn't accept it and soon as there really isn't much more time.

Tic toc Teddy. This ones on you. Man up.

Frankly Ted looks like hell right now. I realize that Pat was a good friend but why does Ted have to keep repeating to the media that something bad happened to a dear friend and now , when he is emotional isn't the time to get into it in case he says something he'll regret. Does he think the organization hasn't seen these soundbites he gives the media ? Just suck it up Ted. I actually have a lot of respect for Ted Nolan. I think he's a stand up guy with principals. Sure he's made mistakes in the past but he seems to have tried to better himself and has grown in the process. None of us are lily white. Lead by example Ted and coach this team. Forget about the shite you can't control and control the things you can. Sign the damn contract.

Frankly Ted looks like hell right now. I realize that Pat was a good friend but why does Ted have to keep repeating to the media that something bad happened to a dear friend and now , when he is emotional isn't the time to get into it in case he says something he'll regret. Does he think the organization hasn't seen these soundbites he gives the media ? Just suck it up Ted. I actually have a lot of respect for Ted Nolan. I think he's a stand up guy with principals. Sure he's made mistakes in the past but he seems to have tried to better himself and has grown in the process. None of us are lily white. Lead by example Ted and coach this team. Forget about the shite you can't control and control the things you can. Sign the damn contract.

Probably because he's sick of getting the same questions asked to him every single day. I'd probably repeat myself too.

i think i am starting to grasp why he hasn't had that many opportunities over the years.

one variable that is at least interesting . It said both Tim and Terry Murray, good friends of John Muckler.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. Fact is he has a three year contract waiting to be signed. Muckler name is not relevant in this imo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.