Ron Rolston Post-Game (11/7/13)

Sabres notebook: Grigorenko getting antsy in press box

Zemgus Girgensons Interview (11/8/13)

Rasmus Ristolainen Interview (11/8/13)

BOUDREAU: SABRES 'TRENDING UPWARD'

Ron Rolston Interview (11/8/13)

LEINO, EHRHOFF OUT AGAINST DUCKS

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup (pending pre-game skate)

26 Matt Moulson – 19 Cody Hodgson – 63 Tyler Ennis

9 Steve Ott ("C") – 82 Marcus Foligno – 78 Corey Tropp

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 22 Johan Larsson – 65 Brian Flynn

23 Ville Leino – 8 Cody McCormick – 21 Drew Stafford

X: 25 Mikhail Grigorenko, 32 John Scott

10 Christian Ehrhoff* ("A") – 3 Mark Pysyk

20 Henrik Tallinder – 57 Tyler Myers

4 Jamie McBain – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

X: 61 Nikita Zadorov

30 Ryan Miller

1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Buffalo scratched Mikhail Grigorenko, John Scott (suspended) and Nikita Zadorov in Thursday's 2-0 loss to Los

Angeles. Joel Armia (hand) and Mike Weber (UBI) remain inactive, while John Scott is eligible to return from

suspension. Christian Ehrhoff (LBI) is day-to-day.

ANAHEIM DUCKS

Projected Lineup (pending morning skate)

17 Dustin Penner – 15 Ryan Getzlaf ("C") – 10 Corey Perry

65 Emerson Etem – 13 Nick Bonino – 21 Kyle Palmieri

77 Devante Smith-Pelly – 22 Mathieu Perreault – 8 Teemu Selanne ("A")

67 Rickard Rakell – 7 Andrew Cogliano – 34 Daniel Winnik

X: 62 Patrick Maroon

47 Hampus Lindholm – 23 Francois Beauchemin ("A")

4 Cam Fowler – 6 Ben Lovejoy

55 Bryan Allen – 5 Luca Sbisa

X: 28 Mark Fistric, 45 Sami Vatanen

1 Jonas Hiller

31 Frederik Andersen

Lineup News & Notes

Anaheim scratched Mark Fistric, Patrick Maroon and Sami Vatanen in Tuesday's 5-2 win over Phoenix. Inactive are

Matt Beleskey (finger), Viktor Fasth (LBI), Saku Koivu (head), Jakob Silfverberg (hand) and Sheldon Souray (wrist).

I am going to go out on a limb and say Zadorov plays and random defender sits. Grigorenko will also get playing time and Larsson will sit but just for this one game regardless of how well or poorly Grigs plays.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frederik Anderson started against as I believe the Ducks want to show case their young goalies a little to A) see what they have themselves and B) Figure out which goalie they most want to trade and C) showcase to other teams their wares.

*Its Friday... lets make it Fantastic :flirt:

I am going to go out on a limb and say Zadorov plays and random defender sits. Grigorenko will also get playing time and Larsson will sit but just for this one game regardless of how well or poorly Grigs plays.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frederik Anderson started against as I believe the Ducks want to show case their young goalies a little to A) see what they have themselves and B) Figure out which goalie they most want to trade and C) showcase to other teams their wares.

I betcha it's Ehrhoff.

I'm tired of seeing McBain get outworked in front the Sabres net like he did on the 1st Kings' PPG by Richards and also on the OT goal by Wingels that should have counted against the Sharks. Not to mention his careless high sticking penalty that negated a Sabres PP last night. Zadorov better be in the lineup tonight ahead of him.

Ville Leino adds absolutely nothing to the Sabres and it's time for him to sit also and let Grigs play.

I betcha it's Ehrhoff.

FYI:

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres Coach Ron Rolston says Ehrhoff should be fine.

I'm tired of seeing McBain get outworked in front the Sabres net like he did on the 1st Kings' PPG by Richards and also on the OT goal by Wingels that should have counted against the Sharks. Not to mention his careless high sticking penalty that negated a Sabres PP last night. Zadorov better be in the lineup tonight ahead of him.

Ville Leino adds absolutely nothing to the Sabres and it's time for him to sit also and let Grigs play.

FYI:

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres Coach Ron Rolston says Ehrhoff should be fine.

I think they are trying to showcase McBain for trade reasons but I agree. As for Leino, I too would rather Grigorenko get his ice time as I have actually seen more from Grigs than Leino.

Seriously everyone Grigorenko's game has improved and it is frustrating to me to see his compete and skills set look good for a 19yr old in the NHL and then he gets benched or he gets 4th line minutes and linemates. The only good thing is with Zadorov still up (which I am against unless they are playing him every night for 20minutes) is that Grigorenko and Zadorov can sit in the press box and make Russian jokes and maybe bond a little more. I think Zadorov may turn out to be the best thing to fell into the Sabres lap in the last 5 years. I think Grigorenko's improvements correlate strongly to Nikita being Nikita... everybody needs a friend, it helps.

I think they are trying to showcase McBain for trade reasons but I agree. As for Leino, I too would rather Grigorenko get his ice time as I have actually seen more from Grigs than Leino.

Seriously everyone Grigorenko's game has improved and it is frustrating to me to see his compete and skills set look good for a 19yr old in the NHL and then he gets benched or he gets 4th line minutes and linemates. The only good thing is with Zadorov still up (which I am against unless they are playing him every night for 20minutes) is that Grigorenko and Zadorov can sit in the press box and make Russian jokes and maybe bond a little more. I think Zadorov may turn out to be the best thing to fell into the Sabres lap in the last 5 years. I think Grigorenko's improvements correlate strongly to Nikita being Nikita... everybody needs a friend, it helps.

No one is going to trade for McBain, at least not at this point in the season (and not terribly likely at the deadline either).

No one is going to trade for McBain, at least not at this point in the season (and not terribly likely at the deadline either).

I agree. But there is no other reason to keep playing Mcbain outside of showcasing. I think Zadorov is already better and brings more to the ice.

Agreed. Plus I think Darcy actually likes him.

Of course he does, hes the typical Darcy guy, someone that was a high pick that failed in the place where he was drafted and is thought of as someone Darcy could have turned around on the Sabres to make him look like a hockey genius for seeing this hidden talent/potential. Another Briere type

Of course he does, hes the typical Darcy guy, someone that was a high pick that failed in the place where he was drafted and is thought of as someone Darcy could have turned around on the Sabres to make him look like a hockey genius for seeing this hidden talent/potential. Another Briere type

I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Except in McBains case he is what he is... which is a 5/6th defensemen with decent shot and pp skills.

Also CHZ!!!! Fantastic Friday Thread PLEASE!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Grigorenko receives a phone call from the KHL telling him how they will give him as much ice time as he wants, and a fat pay check to boot.

Grigorenko wants to play hockey, and last time I checked teenagers don't always make the best decisions.

Happy Friday everyone; just wanted to start on an upbeat note this fine day.

JUst Joking; no need to break out the rope.

I wouldn't be surprised if Grigorenko receives a phone call from the KHL telling him how they will give him as much ice time as he wants, and a fat pay check to boot.

Grigorenko wants to play hockey, and last time I checked teenagers don't always make the best decisions.

My take: Grigo had no business staying up with the big club last year. He should have been sent back to juniors because he isn't and wasn't ready for prime time just yet. A year in Rochester would do him a world of good, but of course, he isn't eligible since he is still 19. At 20 he hits the Amerks. At 21 he is a regular on this team. That's the way I see it.

As soon as Leino got back from injury, he had one bad game and then was demoted to the 4th line to play with Stafford. Play Ville with a physical presence who can crash the slot and shoot and another skill player. Try to misuse the least amount of players on this broken roster as you can, Ron.

My take: Grigo had no business staying up with the big club last year. He should have been sent back to juniors because he isn't and wasn't ready for prime time just yet. A year in Rochester would do him a world of good, but of course, he isn't eligible since he is still 19. At 20 he hits the Amerks. At 21 he is a regular on this team. That's the way I see it.

I think Grigorenko will surprise you this year, and remain in the NHL for the rest of his career.

Maybe the Sabres can work out a deal with a KHL club to have him play there for a season or two. Clearly, they don't plan on playing him here.

Archived