GDT: Buffalo at Anaheim 11-08-13 at 10:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

You want a 19 year old kid to start taking over games? Me too, but we'll see a lot more of Grigs's rookie mistakes before we see him takeover games.

I do want that, I see other teams 19 year olds taking over games and I want that. I'm not saying he had a bad game but I'm not going out of my way to praise him just because he isn't playing as terribly as he was last year or earlier this season. He's ben ok, that's what I said.

I do want that, I see other teams 19 year olds taking over games and I want that. I'm not saying he had a bad game but I'm not going out of my way to praise him just because he isn't playing as terribly as he was last year or earlier this season. He's ben ok, that's what I said.

Who are these phantom 19 year old dominators you speak of?

19 year olds are usually not even expected to be in the NHL. I wish Grigorenko was a sure-fire blue-chipper too, but it'll be a while until he's ready for prime time.

Also scoring 2 goals in 1 game for this Sabres squad is practically dominating as hard as possible.

I can't imagine why anyone is picking on Grigorenko. Of all the players on the team, that boy has clearly demonstrated an upward progression. His skating is better, his positioning is better, his back-checking is better, he is hitting more (let alone just hitting), he's figured out how to find the net and score,, he is figuring out when to take the body and not the puck.

I guess the subtle, but important, perhaps most important, aspects of the game are lost on a lot of people. Just like Myers...yeah, the prior few seasons were bad, but he is clearly coming back.

The Paul Hamilton's and Brian Kozial's of the world like to find a boogey man and gloss over the details that are important in determining a player's worth.

Just like when people say Hodgson "is a defensive liability" and then wipe their hands of the matter. Well, no, there's a reason Hodgson is a defensive liability and that goes to the type of player/person he is.

Or Enroth...too many people chaulk his status up as "a good backup, we don't know about starter" and close the book. No! It's pretty clear to me that Enroth is definitely at the starter level and now, and while perhaps not elite (we don't know that, yet), he has the skill to be a very good goalie.

ramble...ramble...ramble...my wife came in and started talking to me about something completely different and I lost my train of thought...

Listen I'm not trying to make up things to take a shot at a sabre. I've defended hodgson and so many on this team. In fact, this may be the first sabre I've criticized all year on a team in last place. I'm not seeing this back checking and really not seeing him ply the body as some have said. I'd love to see his hit totals per game relative to others on the team but don't have time to look it up now. It is hard seeing a players game away from the puck on tv. I'm finally getting to a live game next fri so I'll be sure to be looking for them.

As for 19 year old dominant players they happen every year and in every league so don't act like it never happens. I don't have time to look it up but is Monaghan, mackinnon, barkov or hetl under 20? That's just this season to name a few of guys I've thought off the top o my head and they never had a shortened season before this.

Similar to what bulldog says about manual, I don't want to have to talk myself into our rookies being good players, I just want to see it

Listen I'm not trying to make up things to take a shot at a sabre. I've defended hodgson and so many on this team. In fact, this may be the first sabre I've criticized all year on a team in last place. I'm not seeing this back checking and really not seeing him ply the body as some have said. I'd love to see his hit totals per game relative to others on the team but don't have time to look it up now. It is hard seeing a players game away from the puck on tv. I'm finally getting to a live game next fri so I'll be sure to be looking for them.

I don't care if Cody Hodgson ever lays a body check.

Just like when people say Hodgson "is a defensive liability" and then wipe their hands of the matter. Well, no, there's a reason Hodgson is a defensive liability and that goes to the type of player/person he is.

Or Enroth...too many people chaulk his status up as "a good backup, we don't know about starter" and close the book. No! It's pretty clear to me that Enroth is definitely at the starter level and now, and while perhaps not elite (we don't know that, yet), he has the skill to be a very good goalie.

I still think hodgson's defensive zone issues are more to do with lack of excecution the any sort of effort and Enroth will be a victim to any team that can shoot the puck high as he is 5-8 inches shorter than most starting NHL goalies.

It's seems Cody doesn't either.

I'm all about physical play but you can have a team of all power forwards, otherwise you get lines that look like Foligno, Tropp and Ott. They might get a few hits but none of them are going to help maintain possession past the initial hit. A few guys need to be able to carry the puck and make plays. If those guys don't deck people, I'm ok with it.

I can't imagine why anyone is picking on Grigorenko. Of all the players on the team, that boy has clearly demonstrated an upward progression. His skating is better, his positioning is better, his back-checking is better, he is hitting more (let alone just hitting), he's figured out how to find the net and score,, he is figuring out when to take the body and not the puck.

I guess the subtle, but important, perhaps most important, aspects of the game are lost on a lot of people. Just like Myers...yeah, the prior few seasons were bad, but he is clearly coming back.

The Paul Hamilton's and Brian Kozial's of the world like to find a boogey man and gloss over the details that are important in determining a player's worth.

ramble...ramble...ramble...my wife came in and started talking to me about something completely different and I lost my train of thought...

I don't think I have disagreed with a single post of yours,… since the season started.

I'm all about physical play but you can have a team of all power forwards, otherwise you get lines that look like Foligno, Tropp and Ott. They might get a few hits but none of them are going to help maintain possession past the initial hit. A few guys need to be able to carry the puck and make plays. If those guys don't deck people, I'm ok with it.

Yet we get Foligno/Tropp/Ott and Moulson/Ennis/Hodgson.

I still think hodgson's defensive zone issues are more to do with lack of excecution the any sort of effort and Enroth will be a victim to any team that can shoot the puck high as he is 5-8 inches shorter than most starting NHL goalies.

Sssshhhh, let them have their fun. They won't be happy until Hodgson reaches full blown whipping boy status. Paul Hamilton says so because analytics are the tell all.

Excellent perspective.

Archived