Pegula biggest disappointment.

neverenough

Yeah, what a phoney.

Blaming Pegula for the current situation is as wrong as praising golisano for the success in 2004/05 and 05/06.

Yeah, I still can't believe this guy had the temerity to come into my city and start investing his resources in my community.

Paladino had his shovel ready, if Pegula hadn't won the bid for the Webster Block. I too thought Pegula would be paying out of pocket, so did Byron Brown, that is, before Pegula took $37,000,000.00 in tax breaks.

Paladino is your hero, if you like people who invest time and resources in the community. His company Ellicott Development "is responsible for the management of over 1,500,000 square feet of office space in Downtown Buffalo, over 1,000,000 square feet of retail space throughout New York and Western Pennsylvania, six major hotels in the Western New York, as well as over 550,000 sq. ft. of residential apartments, condominiums and townhomes in the Buffalo/Niagara region." (ellicottdevelopment.com) Not to mention the Buffalo School Board stuff, but the guy, Paladino, walks his damn dog downtown, while Pegula spends most of his time cloistered in Boca Raton, Florida, or Happy Valley, and is afraid of getting booed by us.

Frankly, I'd rather Paladino developed the Webster Block, and Golisano kept the team.

Golisano wasn't doing too bad a job.

March 19, 2003 through February 18, 2011:

291 wins, 197 losses, 7 ties, 55 ot losses, regular season.

291 wins in 550 games as owner, regular season.

53% of all regular season games played resulted in victory.

Throw out the ties, and his WP goes up to 54%.

Two conference finals.

3 playoff appearances.

22 playoff wins and 18 playoff losses.

55% playoff games were wins.

Pegula's record thus far is: 77 wins, 72 losses, 22 ot losses

77 wins in 171 games as owner.

45% of all games played, thus far, resulted in victory.

1 or zero playoff appearances, depending on how you call the 2010-11 season. The only move was Boyes. 24 of 39 wins to qualify were Golisano's. Out 3-4 to the Bruins in the first round.

On the business side of things...

Golisano founded Paychex in 1971.

With headquarters in Rochester, New York, the company has more than 100 offices serving approximately 570,000 payroll clients as of May 31, 2013.

The company has 12,400 employees (Wikipedia)

Did East Resources even have any employees, or was the whole operation just a stack of land lease contracts? Not that the Harbor Center is bad, just sayin'.

Pegula is in full Penguins mode. Pre Malkin, pre Crosby of course.

We'll all be singing a different tune with Reinhart and McDavid leading us in a couple years.

GO SABRES!!!

I guess winning would heal all wounds and if they somehow landed those 2 (or really just McDavid plus another great player), I suppose Sabres fans would come crawling back but I expect the crowds to keep dwindling down until then.

You mad bro? Or just some political environmental activist with an axe to grind?

I'd like to know where the 37 mill figure is from.

http://www.buffalone...EGION/130219121

You read much? There's a publication in town called the Buffalo News. It's located near the FN'C but you've probably never noticed it. It's where the journalists work. They write newspapers there.

The fans have spoke yet he continues to not give two cents about it. Fans are getting their fire Darcy signs taken away at the gate, fans are having fire Darcy t shirts made and with Pegula's action fans are being told I will do nothing but make you eat it. For a man that cried on the podium when he bought the team has soon become one of the most ridiculous owners in sports history. I will not spend another dollar on your product as you kill my be loved hockey team! I think Pegula is the worst thing that ever happened to Buffalo. Thoughts?

Really? No, I mean it, Really?

Your upset over 2 bad years under a new owner that has actually made a decision that what wasn't working needs to change, so he changes the direction of the entire scenario for the better in the long run by the way. I don't get it. Sure we have some, ok, ok, I'll say it, "suffering" to do. But come on man, how much suffering have we, as Sabres fans, especially those like myself that have been their since their inception, endured?

Support the team, let the rebuild take place, you won't be disappointed, rest assured.

Yeah, yeah. Pegula's the worst thing to happen to Buffalo since Bethlehem Steel closed.

The team is tanking. Cope any way you like.

I cope with 2 words......

Connor McDavid........

GO SABRES!!!

http://www.buffalone...EGION/130219121

You read much? There's a publication in town called the Buffalo News. It's located near the FN'C but you've probably never noticed it. It's where the journalists work. They write newspapers there.

Your comparison business wise combined with development in the area between Galisano, Pegula and Paledino in the region isn't really fair at all.

First, Pegula's company actually owned a portion of the wells and pipelines from shale NG in the area's East Resources worked. When Shell bought the operation, those were included.

Pegula may not have sustained an enterprise in this region on the development or service side such as Paledino and Galisano, but his roots are here, and he's worth more, much more financially than either. I think both TBN, and by extension, your view, may be a bit skewed on this subject. The guy is investing, not just some crap Paledino throws up, hoping it will stick, but something more tangible. "A destination for hockey" he called it. And this first project goes a long way to that end. Last I checked, Paledino and Galisano never came close to a project of this size. And that's just for starters regionally.

Second, there is no denying Pegula's love for hockey. He gave Penn State an arena that will assuredly catapult them to a top destination for US college hockey players over time. From nothing, came something. Then he does the above mentioned project as well as buy an NHL team and, after 3 years, makes the right choice and blows it up for the future. He could have chosen multiple venues to spend his money in. Sounds like this guy is serious about hockey.

And last, but not least. Many fans weren't happy with the product after Drury and Briere left, myself included. Sure mistakes were made by all, including Pegula. But that is opinion based. We won't truly know if keeping Regier for these trades and possibily longer until the talent matures is the right choice. Sure, we all have historical data to go with the opinion of firing Regier, but Regier had never had this opportunity, with all of these draft picks, a tanking and increased resources in finance, staff/scouts and more. Personally, I want him gone, but I'm not unhappy with his trade returns so far. In the end, all of us don't really have a choice, Pegula does. If he chooses not to disclose what he is going to do, then so be it. I still have every confidence he meant what he said. Bring multiple Stanley Cup's to Buffalo.

Paladino had his shovel ready, if Pegula hadn't won the bid for the Webster Block. I too thought Pegula would be paying out of pocket, so did Byron Brown, that is, before Pegula took $37,000,000.00 in tax breaks.

Paladino is your hero, if you like people who invest time and resources in the community. His company Ellicott Development "is responsible for the management of over 1,500,000 square feet of office space in Downtown Buffalo, over 1,000,000 square feet of retail space throughout New York and Western Pennsylvania, six major hotels in the Western New York, as well as over 550,000 sq. ft. of residential apartments, condominiums and townhomes in the Buffalo/Niagara region." (ellicottdevelopment.com) Not to mention the Buffalo School Board stuff, but the guy, Paladino, walks his damn dog downtown, while Pegula spends most of his time cloistered in Boca Raton, Florida, or Happy Valley, and is afraid of getting booed by us.

Frankly, I'd rather Paladino developed the Webster Block, and Golisano kept the team.

Golisano wasn't doing too bad a job.

March 19, 2003 through February 18, 2011:

291 wins, 197 losses, 7 ties, 55 ot losses, regular season.

291 wins in 550 games as owner, regular season.

53% of all regular season games played resulted in victory.

Throw out the ties, and his WP goes up to 54%.

Two conference finals.

3 playoff appearances.

22 playoff wins and 18 playoff losses.

55% playoff games were wins.

Pegula's record thus far is: 77 wins, 72 losses, 22 ot losses

77 wins in 171 games as owner.

45% of all games played, thus far, resulted in victory.

1 or zero playoff appearances, depending on how you call the 2010-11 season. The only move was Boyes. 24 of 39 wins to qualify were Golisano's. Out 3-4 to the Bruins in the first round.

On the business side of things...

Golisano founded Paychex in 1971.

With headquarters in Rochester, New York, the company has more than 100 offices serving approximately 570,000 payroll clients as of May 31, 2013.

The company has 12,400 employees (Wikipedia)

Did East Resources even have any employees, or was the whole operation just a stack of land lease contracts? Not that the Harbor Center is bad, just sayin'.

How well do you know Carl? I'll give you this; he's not afraid of being booed by anyone. The compare/contrast stops right about there.

I could care less how much money Ted Black says Mr. Pegula has or what he's done for the community. What I do care about is the Buffalo Sabres being the laughing embarrassment of hockey! You are who you employ and I blame Pegula for letting his employees run his product into the ground. What is a rebuild if you have no foundation? I don't see improvement, I see hockey hell and I see that for quite some time.

First of all, let me say, that I don't hate the Harbor Center project. You are right, Spndnchz, that the city was not getting paid to own the land. In addition to the 2.2 million for the sale of the land, the city is expected to be paid 6.3 million, over 10 years. That's $630,000 per year! Not bad at all.

That isn't the 4.8 million dollars property taxes annually that Byron Brown expected, when the Sabres proposal was chosen, but perhaps that's Byron Brown's fault and not Ted Black's fault. I get confused between those two, sometimes, because I am, frankly, stupid.

Anyway, the project sounds great, and I'm glad to hear from an insider, like HopefulFuture, that regionally, it's just for starters. If Penn State is any indication, then we can expect similar miracles in Buffalo. I mean, there was nothing at Penn State, and the man invented Hockey with his bare hands.

It’s a good project. Great for Buffalo. I’m delighted to hear that "the ice rinks will be built on top of the parking ramp, because, according to Sabres President Ted Black, “It makes perfect sense… Buffalo is already known as Hockey Heaven, so now we'll have Hockey in the Heavens.”

So you see that I’ve been wrong, and I admit it. I’ve been a sinner. I’ve been misguided, and all this talk of Hockey Heaven has made me scared, and perhaps a bit defensive, and yes, Spndnchz, perhaps a little mad.

The truth is, that your faith, all of your faith, has made me realize that it's time, maybe past time, and maybe already too late for me to repent. I’m among the worst of you. You’ve opened my eyes, though, by whom I mean the True Believers, not Team Storm Cloud, and I thank you.

How can I doubt him any longer? How can I possibly doubt him? I cannot, no more than I can doubt the mountains or the oceans. It's been made clear to me, evidently clear, that with Terrence “Terry” Pegula as our owner, our salvation has finally been granted.

Is it too late for me? I’ve cursed him. I’ve mocked him. I’ve been a fool. You've seen how I've profaned and blasphemed our Owner, and his one true Messenger, Ted Black. Will I be saved? Is it too late?..

I will denounce my former wicked ways. Oh, woe unto you cursed cowardly devils, that have crucified his one and only true Prophet, Ted Black, on his radio show and elsewhere. You will die in the fires of Hockey Hell!

But, Lo! Ted is risen! A miracle! Hosannah in the Highest! All praise and glory be unto Ted! All hail Pegula!

This means that perhaps it's not too late for me. Maybe even my horrible sins and misdeeds will be forgiven. From this point forward, I will be transformed. I will bow down and worship the one and only God in Hockey Heaven above, Terrence "Terry" Pegula. I will serve out my days, glorifying his name. The gates of Hockey Heaven will be opened to me, and my life will be one of redemption, and my once wicked soul will be saved!!

How could it not? I mean, do you know how much MONEY he has? How could I possibly not WORSHIP him? Three! Freeaking! Billion! Hallelujah! Amen.

First of all, let me say, that I don't hate the Harbor Center project. You are right, Spndnchz, that the city was not getting paid to own the land. In addition to the 2.2 million for the sale of the land, the city is expected to be paid 6.3 million, over 10 years. That's $630,000 per year! Not bad at all.

That isn't the 4.8 million dollars property taxes annually that Byron Brown expected when the Sabres proposal was chosen, but perhaps that's Byron Brown's fault and not Ted Black's fault. I get confused between those two sometimes, because I am, frankly, stupid.

Anyway, the project sounds great, and I'm glad to hear from an insider, like HopefulFuture, that regionally, it's just for starters. If Penn State is any indication, then we can expect similar miracles in Buffalo. I mean, there was nothing at Penn State, and the man invented Hockey with his bare hands.

It’s a good project. Great for Buffalo. I’m delighted to hear that "the ice rinks will be built on top of the parking ramp, because, according to Sabres President Ted Black, “It makes perfect sense… Buffalo is already known as Hockey Heaven, so now we'll have Hockey in the Heavens.”

So you see that I’ve been wrong, and I admit it. I’ve been a sinner. I’ve been misguided, and all this talk of Hockey Heaven has made me scared, and perhaps a bit defensive, and yes, Spndnchz, perhaps a little mad.

The truth is, that your faith, all of your faith, has made me realize that it's time, maybe past time, and maybe already to late for ME to repent. I’m among the worst of you. You’ve opened my eyes though, by whom I mean the True Believers, not Team Storm Cloud, and I thank you.

How can I doubt him any longer? How can I possibly doubt him? I cannot, no more than I can doubt the mountains or the oceans. It been made clear to me, evidently clear, that with Terrence “Terry” Pegula as our owner, our salvation has finally been granted.

Is it too late for me? I’ve cursed him. I’ve mocked him. I’ve been a fool. You've seen how I've profaned and blasphemed our Owner, and his one true Messenger, Ted Black. Will I be saved? Is it too late?..

I will denounce my former wicked ways. Oh, woe unto you cursed cowardly devils, that have crucified his one and only true Prophet, Ted Black, on his radio show and elsewhere. You will die in the fires of Hockey Hell!

But, Lo! Ted is risen! A miracle! Hosannah in the Highest! All praise and glory be unto Ted! All hail Pegula!

This means that perhaps it's not too late for me. Maybe even my horrible sins and misdeeds will be forgiven. From this point forward, I will be transformed. I will bow down and worship the one and only God in Hockey Heaven above, Terrence "Terry" Pegula. I will serve out my days, glorifying his name. The gates of Hockey Heaven will be opened to me, and my life will be one of redemption, and my once wicked soul will be saved!!

How could it not? I mean, do you know how much MONEY he has? How could I possibly not WORSHIP him? Three! Freeaking! Billion! Hallelujah! Amen.

How much LSD have you taken in your life? And how much in the last 24 hours?

It's OK. It's been that kinda season.

I just drove by TrueBluePhd's place in Cheektowaga and he has a Kim Pegula in a half shell statue......Yuri is on to something.....

You weren't too observant, that was Ethel Elderton in a half-buried old bathtub on end.

I think the Christmas spirit has hit the board early this year! Right in time with WJYE and Home Depot! Perhaps we ought to petition the Obama administration to rename the holiday "Pegulamas" since they can care less which deity prefixes the "-mas".

First of all,

<snip>

poetry.

it's a good rule of thumb for me around here: if there's a thread i've ignored for a while, but it keeps staying at the top of the batting order, and regulars are posting there -- i need to go take a look.

i'm so glad i did.

I just drove by TrueBluePhd's place in Cheektowaga and he has a Kim Pegula in a half shell statue......Yuri is on to something.....

wait a gubdam minute. is trueblue flitting around here pledging his love to mrs. pegula (nee kerr)? because if so, i have a white glove that i save for such offenses (offences).

Glove_Slap_by_hpanna47.jpg

(sorry, best i could find.)

Archived