Pegula biggest disappointment.

neverenough

The fans have spoke yet he continues to not give two cents about it. Fans are getting their fire Darcy signs taken away at the gate, fans are having fire Darcy t shirts made and with Pegula's action fans are being told I will do nothing but make you eat it. For a man that cried on the podium when he bought the team has soon become one of the most ridiculous owners in sports history. I will not spend another dollar on your product as you kill my be loved hockey team! I think Pegula is the worst thing that ever happened to Buffalo. Thoughts?

Pegula has other investments to deal with. The sabres are left to Black and Darcy to operate. He'll show up a couple times a year with a cigar in his mouth and shake a couple hands.

I love it.

Pegula meddles too much!

Pegula is an absentee owner!

No one here knows ######!

The fans have spoke yet he continues to not give two cents about it. Fans are getting their fire Darcy signs taken away at the gate, fans are having fire Darcy t shirts made and with Pegula's action fans are being told I will do nothing but make you eat it. For a man that cried on the podium when he bought the team has soon become one of the most ridiculous owners in sports history. I will not spend another dollar on your product as you kill my be loved hockey team! I think Pegula is the worst thing that ever happened to Buffalo. Thoughts?

I don't agree. Sure he's made mistakes. So what. I still have hope he'll get it right.

Got to wish for the best but if you employ underachievers you become one in the sports world.

You got that right. I believe certain members of the Sabres family need to move on for sure and changes need to be made but I still think eventually Terry will get it right. Thats all I've got to hang my hat on. That and the potential of some of the youth.

Pegula is in full Penguins mode. Pre Malkin, pre Crosby of course.

We'll all be singing a different tune with Reinhart and McDavid leading us in a couple years.

GO SABRES!!!

Wasn't Darcy in pre-Crosby mode once before? Sabres and Penguins had same shot at Sid.

This post is saving me nearly $3K this year?

Didn't think so. Send it to the politics thread. Thanks.

So what you're saying is that Obamacare isn't the devil that the uninformed public wants you to think it is?

Okay. No more politics for me today. Moving on.

Wasn't Darcy in pre-Crosby mode once before? Sabres and Penguins had same shot at Sid.

"Same shot." Except we didn't have Mario Lemieux saying he would come back to play with Sidney Crosby if he came to our city. Rigged rigged rigged. The Jackets and Rangers also had the same chance.

We'll all be singing a different tune with Reinhart and McDavid leading us in a couple years.

GO SABRES!!!

Yep, worked for the Penguins and the Blackhawks, but they were able to fill in the other pieces. The Sabres are not guaranteed to land the the next possible Toews/Kane duo. And w/ Darcy running the show I do not see the right supportive players being added.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What's so funny? He's driven the franchise into the ground. No one in February 2011 could have imagined this in their worst nightmares. All Pegula has left is trying to convince people through his proxies that there's some kind of master plan of suckitude. Using rookies as human shields. Oldest shell game in the sports biz.

I wanted to respond to both the disappointed as well as those who feel like wise to myself.

Disapointed: I completely understand your sentiments here. But, as a fan who was born November 10th, shortly after the team was, I was weened on Sabres hockey. Please understand, although painful, this is absolutely necessary to achieve a means to and end, and that end is non-negotiable, it's to compete for a Stanley's Cup. Please, endure, be patient, there will be a light at the end of this tunnel.

Feel like myself: I love Zsdorov and Risto. Zad's is a future star.

Risto looks to be a candidate for a young Regher, I know, I know, to early to tell if he'll put on the weight, but, it looks promising so far.

Myers will rebound. Many say he has fallen that low, many like myself say he needs that mature, stay at home partner he had in Tallinder in his rookie season. I personally say there is enough talent in the pipeline to make it happen.

In short, there is much happening here. Pegula appeared and was original. He tried to make it happen on poor advice. Yes Regier needs to go. On this I am solid and that will never change. But in the interim, let's see where we are in 3 to 5 years from now.

GO SABRES!!!

Don't know if we land either! You still have to win both draft lotteries which isn't easy two years in a row. Bad thing is I really want McDavid but that's another full year of watching this. That makes it awe fully bad.

"Same shot." Except we didn't have Mario Lemieux saying he would come back to play with Sidney Crosby if he came to our city. Rigged rigged rigged. The Jackets and Rangers also had the same chance.

Paranoia aside, the point is that Darcy can't sit there with a straight face and imply that Pittsburgh tanked to get Crosby, and that the Sabres have never lowered themselves to that level. Actually it's a good cautionary tale. Same shot at Sid. They get Sid, we get Marek Zagrapan, which is delicious dunked in coffee but otherwise useless.

BTW, Ted Black today said the Sabres have never been fortunate enough to get the top pick in a draft, other than Perreault.

Your name and the term "buzzkill" have never been used in the same sentence have they.

A man can dream, can't he? It's all I've got, PA. And you've stomped them into the ground.

Again.

GO SABRES!!!

Archived