John Quenneville FW Canada 0G 0A

Travis Sanheim D Canada 0G 1A +1+/-

Adrian Kempe FW Sweden 0G 0A

Anton Karlsson FW Sweden 0G 0A

Marcus Pettersson D Sweden 0G 0A

Oskar Lindblom FW Sweden 0G 0A

CAN defeats SWE 3-1 in Bronze Medal Game

Edited by Crusader1969

Kempe plays the game like a bull in a china shop. He drives the net hard, not caring who he has to bull over to get to the areas he wants to go. He is first in on the forecheck, and just loves to punish defenders in the corners.

Myth busters did a show about Bulls and they tested the "bull in a china shop" myth. Turns out they are quite nimble an avoided knocking over the china. Probably the most surprising myth bust ever on the show. Fascinating...

This 2nd round Hockey Writers draft has us taking Thatcher Demko 31st overall, Jack Dougherty 39th overall, Vladislav Kamenev 50th overall.

http://thehockeywrit...campaign=buffer

Is Thatcher Demko a person? Like, a real person? Or is that a name out of one of those teenager books that involves archery and/or vampires?

I would say yes, this is a reasonable dream.

Snow keeps the pick this year, Isles and Sabres both suck next year. Yes, the odds will be there.

Even if we finish #29 and #30 in the league, the odds would still be with us getting Eichel and whoever goes #3. A little worse than a coin-flip chance (43.8:56.2) that we get both.

As we all know the Sabres have potentially 4 2nd round picks. Ours, Winnipeg, LA, and potentially the Wild. As such I started taking a look at the early portion of the 2nd round to see what was out there. Now as I have mentioned before I like Anton Karlsson and Adrian Kempe and Brandon Lamieux. That being said I wanted to see what defenders might pop up in the 2nd round. Our top 4 defensive prospects are Pysyk, Zadorov, Ristolainen, and McCabe so adding someone else to the prospect pool wouldn't be a terrible idea. As I have said before I am against wasting a top 5 pick on a defender so our #1 and the Islanders pick (if applicable) are out.

So 2nd round defenders worth taking a look at:

Roland McKeown - he should not be available in round 2. If he were available at 31 and other players had been taken (Karlsson and Kempe) this would be a great pick up for the Sabres. He is probably 1 of the top 5 defenders in this draft that virtually has 0 depth for defense. Solid guy who put up 43pts in the OHL and is praised for his skating ability and positioning. Played with Sam Bennett and has decent size although he could get bigger. 6'1" 186lbs

Jack Dougherty - should be available in round 2. He is from the US Dev program and put up 22pts in 55gp. He has been called physical by several scouts and is 6'2" 185lbs. His biggest knock is that his skating is average and he needs to work on it but the good news is he is going to college which means he has 3-4 years to work on it. Wouldn't be a bad guy to grab perhaps with Winnipeg's 39th overall.

Josh Jacobs - should be available in round 2. Another USHL product going to Mich St. next year. His biggest flaw is consistency. Has good skating and likes to be phsyical. He is decent in his own zone and makes good passes but from what the reports say sometimes he gets over zealous and gets into trouble. Sounds like he doesn't always know when to jump up or hang back. Good news is he is 6'2" 195lbs and has 3-4years of college ahead of him to iron out his game.

Looking at that website liger, it looks to me like they have:

Winnipeg pick in the Moulson trade

Minnesota pick in the Pommer trade, which they trade up to a first if Miller signs

their own pick

The LA pick acquired in the Regier trade seems to have gone back to LA in the Fasching trade, it doesn't necessarily have to be LA's pick, it could be Buffalo's pick, the site didn't know which second went back to LA

so 3, extremely potentially 2

Now I understand the chart a bit better, definitely the Kings pick was traded back to the Kings, which might go to Columbus

Looking at that website liger, it looks to me like they have:

Winnipeg pick in the Moulson trade

Minnesota pick in the Pommer trade, which they trade up to a first if Miller signs

their own pick

The LA pick acquired in the Regier trade seems to have gone back to LA in the Fasching trade, it doesn't necessarily have to be LA's pick, it could be Buffalo's pick, the site didn't know which second went back to LA

so 3, extremely potentially 2

Now I understand the chart a bit better, definitely the Kings pick was traded back to the Kings, which might go to Columbus

You are indeed correct. I completely misread the chart. Still potentially 3 2nd round picks is good and I like having Hudson Fasching and Deslauriers.

As we all know the Sabres have potentially 4 2nd round picks. Ours, Winnipeg, LA, and potentially the Wild. As such I started taking a look at the early portion of the 2nd round to see what was out there. Now as I have mentioned before I like Anton Karlsson and Adrian Kempe and Brandon Lamieux. That being said I wanted to see what defenders might pop up in the 2nd round. Our top 4 defensive prospects are Pysyk, Zadorov, Ristolainen, and McCabe so adding someone else to the prospect pool wouldn't be a terrible idea. As I have said before I am against wasting a top 5 pick on a defender so our #1 and the Islanders pick (if applicable) are out.

So 2nd round defenders worth taking a look at:

Roland McKeown - he should not be available in round 2. If he were available at 31 and other players had been taken (Karlsson and Kempe) this would be a great pick up for the Sabres. He is probably 1 of the top 5 defenders in this draft that virtually has 0 depth for defense. Solid guy who put up 43pts in the OHL and is praised for his skating ability and positioning. Played with Sam Bennett and has decent size although he could get bigger. 6'1" 186lbs

Jack Dougherty - should be available in round 2. He is from the US Dev program and put up 22pts in 55gp. He has been called physical by several scouts and is 6'2" 185lbs. His biggest knock is that his skating is average and he needs to work on it but the good news is he is going to college which means he has 3-4 years to work on it. Wouldn't be a bad guy to grab perhaps with Winnipeg's 39th overall.

Josh Jacobs - should be available in round 2. Another USHL product going to Mich St. next year. His biggest flaw is consistency. Has good skating and likes to be phsyical. He is decent in his own zone and makes good passes but from what the reports say sometimes he gets over zealous and gets into trouble. Sounds like he doesn't always know when to jump up or hang back. Good news is he is 6'2" 195lbs and has 3-4years of college ahead of him to iron out his game.

LA Pick was traded back to LA, I think.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.