Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

Almost every mock that I've seen has him going within the top five where he's rated.

Just going to copy and past...

I said most drafts. I know he's a consensus top five guy in this year's draft.

I'm not saying he's not a top five pick in this draft. He is. End of story. But in most drafts he'd be a middle-of-the-first round risk pick. Getting a combination of him and Ehlers (who is likely not even a top five pick in THIS draft, let alone any other) would be a failure. This team has no top-end forward prospects. Grigorenko could be that, but he's a big question mark right now.

Reinhart or Bennett will 100% be there at two. At least one. Dal Colle also. Those three are more "sure things" than Draisaitl. I would only want Draisaitl if we got one of the others first. I would gladly take a combination of Reinhart/Bennett and Draisaitl. I would also gladly take just one of Reinhart/Bennett/Dal Colle and a 2015 first.

Edited by Tankalicious

No escape here. Would love for you to link one mock of any repute that has Draisaitl going in the middle of round 1.

You're not even kind of reading what I'm saying. He is a top five pick in this draft. Almost every single mock draft will have that, if not every single one of them. If he were in the 2013 NHL draft, or 2015, or 2012 and so on, he would be about ten picks lower. Get it now?

You're not even kind of reading what I'm saying. He is a top five pick in this draft. Almost every single mock draft will have that, if not every single one of them. If he were in the 2013 NHL draft, or 2015, or 2012 and so on, he would be about ten picks lower. Get it now?

Who cares? It's 2014....I got that.

If the German is top five in this draft but mid round in any other draft wouldn't every guy in this draft have a similar change of position ?

For the most part. I detailed what I thought would be the rankings earlier. I could dig them up, but I think Reinhart or Bennett would be top ten picks in a lot of drafts. I don't think Draisaitl would be.

Really that point was irrelevant. My argument was mainly that he's a huge risk for a team who needs a sure thing. If we can get him and one of the more "sure thing" players, then I'd be happy.

For the most part. I detailed what I thought would be the rankings earlier. I could dig them up, but I think Reinhart or Bennett would be top ten picks in a lot of drafts. I don't think Draisaitl would be.

Really that point was irrelevant. My argument was mainly that he's a huge risk for a team who needs a sure thing. If we can get him and one of the more "sure thing" players, then I'd be happy.

Got it. Thanks

I wouldnt be pissed at whoever they take because they can rank players a lot better than any of us. So if the pick the german at #2, I think that they know what they are doing.

I wouldnt be pissed at whoever they take because they can rank players a lot better than any of us. So if the pick the german at #2, I think that they know what they are doing.

With Murray's track record as a scout and his previous drafts with Anaheim/Ottawa, I'm fine with whatever he decides.

I'll take 2 "sure things"

I would also like this. If we can get out with Reinhart and Dal Colle I'll dance naked... Alone in my room.

But I wouldn't be mad at Draisaitl and Reinhart/Bennett.

My preferred situation is Reinhart and a 2015 pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.