Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

I think McCabe comes to Buffalo to see how he measures up against NHL caliber players. Not a make or break moment but a chance to evaluate his progression and path. It also gives them the opportunity to send Risto down to lead a po push. Muy dos centavos.

Also: playing McCabe for the last seven games doesn't burn a year of ELC so why not?

We also have the new ISS Rankings for April:

http://futureconside...a/top-rankings/

Also if Sam Reinhart had scored at his 6 game playoff rate during the regular season he would have had 57g, 136a in 68gp

I honestly am unsure, maybe someone gets demoted to Rochester (Ristolainen) to make room.

Those are actually FC rankings. ISS is usually released mid-month

Not sure why we wouldn't get him to Rochester to help that team make the playoffs.

If it was about helping Rochester make a playoff push, I'd think a guy like Sulzer might be the best option for them when healthy. They could use a veteran presence on that blue line right now.

If it was about helping Rochester make a playoff push, I'd think a guy like Sulzer might be the best option for them when healthy. They could use a veteran presence on that blue line right now.

Based on what I've seen, Ruwehdal & Risto provide much more than Zultzert (mike Schopp pronounciation)

Corey Pronman@coreypronman 2m

Sam Bennett is hurt. Went into the net as hard as you can. Really bad hit. Got off the ice without help. Upper body/head hit the bar.

I haven't been able to find anything about this this morning. Did we ever get an update?

I'm guessing that he's our pick if we're 2nd and go for a forward. I'm praying we didn't get concussed last night.

I haven't been able to find anything about this this morning. Did we ever get an update?

I'm guessing that he's our pick if we're 2nd and go for a forward. I'm praying we didn't get concussed last night.

I watched the game late in the third and the overtime and Bennett was out there all over the ice. No serious injury at all from what I could tell. Although it was OT of a Game 7 so I guess he could have been playing hurt. Didn't look like it to me though.

With the Petes OT win they now take on my Gens in the second round. It will be fun watching Dal Colle against Ritchie but it sounds like Ritchie may go in the 7-10 range and he is likely not high on our radar. If Kingston had won in OT last night we would have played Barrie and it would have been a Dal Colle vs Ekblad matchup. Oh well, I guess it could happen in the conference finals.

Edited by Derrico

Bennett came back into the game after he was stitched up. No surprise there, he's a Hockey Player.

Sounded like Bennett was the third forward on our list listening to Tim Murray yesterday. (Reinhart, Draisaitl)

Not that I am going to read too much into what a GM says prior to the draft.

Like you said. I wouldn't read too much into what Murray says about players and the draft. No one is going to tip their hands on players before the draft. I wouldn't even look in to what he said about the goaltending like someone else mentioned.

Like you said. I wouldn't read too much into what Murray says about players and the draft. No one is going to tip their hands on players before the draft. I wouldn't even look in to what he said about the goaltending like someone else mentioned.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Murray himself said that they haven't had their meetings about the draft. He seemed to indicate to me at least, that he has guys he likes in certain ways but wants to hear what the consensus is from his scouts. I am sure Kevin Devine will be a big factor going forward as well.

I am reposting this here because I think it fits better for this thread:

Tim Murray on the top 5 NA Prospects

Aaron Ekblad

"At the end of the day could become a frachise defenseman. He may be a solid, very solid 2way defensemen who plays a lot of minutes. I'm not sure if he has the dynamic kind of pace to him to be a franchise player but he's going to be a hell of a player."

Leon Draisaitl

"Big strong center iceman. Tremendous offensive zone player. Great hockey sense, great vision. Protects the puck real well, sticks his @ss out, guys roll off him, he knows where they are without looking at them."

Sam Reinhart

"Tremendous vision. He's the smartest player on the ice in every game I see him play. I don't know if that says a lot playing other guys his own age or a little older then him but he's extremely smart. Does everything for the most part right. Tremendous vision and passes the puck unbelievably well.

Michael Dal Colle

"Probably has the best release we've seen in a long time. Can really shoot the puck, needs a centerman to get him the puck. He's going to score goals at the national hockey league level.

Sam Bennett

"Has a lot of what the other two guys, centermen have and he's tenacious. He's a bulldog. He's on you, he will hit you, he will spear you, he will score on you, he will do what it takes to win."

Tim Murray on how important is position.

"If we go into our meetings and as a group Ekblad is the #1 player, he will be the #1 player. I am a firm believer in best player available but you also decide who the best player available is. There are all kinds of ways to come to that."

Edited by LGR4GM

The other thing to keep in mind is that Murray himself said that they haven't had their meetings about the draft. He seemed to indicate to me at least, that he has guys he likes in certain ways but wants to hear what the consensus is from his scouts. I am sure Kevin Devine will be a big factor going forward as well.

I am reposting this here because I think it fits better for this thread:

I would like to listen to the scout that mentioned Zadorov during that episode of Blue and Gold. He seemed like he seen him enough to know this guy was going to be good. I think if teams knew he was that good he would have been drafted sooner. I'm thinking Zadorov has more upside than Risto. I want scouts that can see beyond what a player is at that time. Devine seemed set on Risto.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

I think this is right. To me he talked about the people he had seen on his road trip, my guess is he hadn't seen Dal Colle or Bennett on this trip, so he talked mostly about the three he had seen.

I watched the game late in the third and the overtime and Bennett was out there all over the ice. No serious injury at all from what I could tell. Although it was OT of a Game 7 so I guess he could have been playing hurt. Didn't look like it to me though.

With the Petes OT win they now take on my Gens in the second round. It will be fun watching Dal Colle against Ritchie but it sounds like Ritchie may go in the 7-10 range and he is likely not high on our radar. If Kingston had won in OT last night we would have played Barrie and it would have been a Dal Colle vs Ekblad matchup. Oh well, I guess it could happen in the conference finals.

Bennett came back into the game after he was stitched up. No surprise there, he's a Hockey Player.

I'm mainly worried about concussion issues. I'm hoping we land a franchise player so obviously anything like that would be a major red flag.

I'm mainly worried about concussion issues. I'm hoping we land a franchise player so obviously anything like that would be a major red flag.

I completely agree with this. But the way he looked in OT he was showing no ill effects of a concussion.

I know there are other possible investment groups but this could delay some of the Seattle expansion talk.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10716340/seattle-investment-group-remains-focused-nba-not-nhl

Also: playing McCabe for the last seven games doesn't burn a year of ELC so why not?

It is looking like this might not be correct.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.