Prediction Thread

Claude_Verret

Sabres finish in 5th (Atlantic) with 89pts

Vanek - 31goals

Vanek - 76pts

Miller traded (islanders) and Thomas Vanek signs extension 8yrs X8mil

Detroit loses to Minnesota in 7

Left field prediction: Mikhail Grigorenko 11goals 20assists

after watching last night I will unfairly change this, but I will leave up the original for full disclosure.

Buffalo does not get 89pts but only manages 79pts.

Oh I didn't realize this was a prediction with amendments thread (says that guy that predicted nothing).

You're ruining the good name of this thread!

Yep, no peeking and then altering your prognostications allowed. Liger's on the books for 89pts. Still, only a select few of us had the balls to lay it out there before the real bullets started flying. :nana:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Not surprisingly it seems like most people had the Sabres as yet again, a bubble playoff team. What one piece of information, if you had it at the start of the season, would have made you correctly prognosticate the epic tank that were are witnessing?

For me it would be knowing that John Scott would be getting a regular shift on defense in a bunch of games.

Not surprisingly it seems like most people had the Sabres as yet again, a bubble playoff team. What one piece of information, if you had it at the start of the season, would have made you correctly prognosticate the epic tank that were are witnessing?

For me it would be knowing that John Scott would be getting a regular shift on defense in a bunch of games.

I didn't make a prediction in this thread before the season but if I did I would've confidently stated that they would be fighting for last place in the league. I would've predicted more like 70 points, but I wouldn't have been using that "playoffs" word.

As far as a piece of information: knowing that Rolston wouldn't be the coach by the new year would be enough to know.

Edited by Tankalicious

The Vanek trade. As soon as that happened, the writing was on the wall for this season.

Some wild stuff in here.

Eek. What's worse, my Washington in the Cup prediction or Freeman's Sabres in 7th?

I'm with 11, knowing Vanek would be traded so early in the season.

Sabres finish 11th in the EC, with 81 points

Vanek: 33

Leino: 65

Miller/Vanek: Both sign with Sabres

Cup: Sharks/Bruins, Bruins in 5.

Randoms:

Scott fights 8 times, wins 6.

Kaleta plays more than 60 games. 5 lost due to suspension.

Stafford scores more than 20 goals, still traded at deadline for mid-first round pick.

Josie914 ostracized when she decides to root for Detroit.

No fights in the first Toronto game. Three in the second game.

Sabres only win one game against Philly, so I have to hear about the rest at work.

Ugh. I'd be happy if Leino had 65 shots.

I'll agree on Vanek if you only knew he would be gone so early, but not if you also knew the return.

Regardless of return (and it was a nice return), the event itself of trading a captain so early in the season was a signal to me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.