Job Performance Poll: General Manager Darcy Regier

IKnowPhysics

Job Performance Poll: General Manager Darcy Regier  

118 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale from 1 to 10, rate the CURRENT AND PAST PERFORMANCE of Darcy Regier as the General Manager of the Buffalo Sabres:

2. 2. On a scale from 1 to 10, rate the EXPECTED FUTURE PERFORMANCE of Darcy Regier as the General Manager of the Buffalo Sabres:

3. 3. On a scale from 1 to 10, rate the RESPONSIBILITY of Darcy Regier as the General Manager of the Buffalo Sabres FOR THE CURRENT WIN/LOSS RECORD OF THE TEAM:

• 1 - Not Responsible at All for the Current Win/Loss Record of the Team
    • 5 - Somewhat Repsonsible for the Current Win/Loss Record of the Team
    • 10 - Entirely Responsible for the Current Win/Loss Record of the Team

3,3, and 8. And that appears to be what most of the rest of the forum thinks, too. Regier holds almost total responsibility for whether the Sabres perform well or poorly - this is the team HE built. It was insane to fire Lindy Ruff first, before Regier, when the poor product we saw on the ice last year was 3/4ths the responsibility of Regier's personnel decisions. If a coach has mediocre players to coach, he can't make a silk purse from the proverbial sow's ear.

He has done extremely poor at his job when looked at across it's entirety.

There have been moments of luck combined with timing (i.e. bringing in Drury/Briere at the right moment during the rule changes).

Overall, the General Manager of an NHL franchise is solely and singularly responsible for the product presented to the public.

• 2 weeks later...

There's rebuilding.

And then there is what we are watching.

Darcy has got to go. And anyone who says,"but look who he has drafted recently", just,… shut up.

But, but, Girg's is looking like a 41 point guy in a season where we could actually see 82 goals total by the Sabres in an 82 game season :rolleyes: :doh: :blink: :cry: :bag: :death:

Year 1 of the two year plan to land McDavid is going perfectly! :P

If they actually blow that long, and get this guy (McDavid), and then he winds up a bust, I'll never let you live it down...ever. I will send you hologram mail of me dressed as Princess Leia in my '70s saying " help us McDavid, you're our only hope..."

If they actually blow that long, and get this guy (McDavid), and then he winds up a bust, I'll never let you live it down...ever. I will send you hologram mail of me dressed as Princess Leia in my '70s saying " help us McDavid, you're our only hope..."

I am simultaneously cracking up and horrified.

I voted 2,4,8 respectfully.With that said, In Darcy's defense, the Buffalo Sabres ownership, have Notoriously been "CHEAP". They were only willing to bring in and sign players, that would play here for CHEAP. As a result, the sabres, never had a truly star studded Offense, or Defense, and relied totally on an above average Goal Tender, to keep them competitive. Case in point, without Dominik Hasek, the Sabres would have never went to the cup finals with Dallas. Now, Terry Pegula comes in and loosens the purse strings, and Darcy signs Ville Leino to a huge long term contract, (YUCK), and although he was rookie of the year, and showed plenty of promise, he signed Tyler Myers, to a huge long term contract, that turned out to be another YUCK. Now we shop Miller and Vanek, to make room in Salary cap, and bring in value players in return, and pay Myers and Leino, like they are the Crosby and Melkin of the Sabres. Question, who the hell wants to come here for that. The talk is Vanek going to re-unite with Pommenville in Minnesota. Can you imagine the horror, in Minnesota's current roster, wondering who might be going as part of a package deal to Buffalo for Vanek. Nobody there wants to come here, lets get real here. What kind of attitudes will Buffalo have to deal with when, whoever gets here from there, or whoever, and where ever they come from, will be upset about having to come here. This is not just Darcy, in my opinion, Its the whole franchise management, that's responsible for cultivating whats going on, and it always has been. Until the Ownership and Management are as serious about WINNING as they are about maximizing profits, nothing will change.

We are not shopping Vanek or Miller to make salary cap room <_<

Darcy Regier is the Joker:

"Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying!... because it's all "part of the plan"."

of course the catch is:

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! You know, I just... *do* things."

@kevinoDandC6m

Sportsnet folks, led by @RealKyper, say #Sabres may soon dump Darcy Regier. 3 names mentioned: Jason Botterill, Tom Fitzgerald, Rick Dudley.

@kevinoDandC5m

Jason Botterill (former #Amerk/ #Sabre) and Tom Fitzgerald both assistants to Penguins GM Ray Shero. Pens ties deep in #Sabres front office.

@kevinoDandC6m

Sportsnet folks, led by @RealKyper, say #Sabres may soon dump Darcy Regier. 3 names mentioned: Jason Botterill, Tom Fitzgerald, Rick Dudley.

@kevinoDandC5m

Jason Botterill (former #Amerk/ #Sabre) and Tom Fitzgerald both assistants to Penguins GM Ray Shero. Pens ties deep in #Sabres front office.

http://buffalorising...t/#!prettyPhoto

Can it be, Can Sabres fans finally rejoice in celebration in the streets.....

Free at last, Free at last, break loose the bonds of Marcy Regier as we will be free at last............

Archived