Fans are not buying tickets

PromoTheRobot

A big part of the discrepancy (IMHO) is that almost all games are on weeknights. There's only something like 6 weekend games this year. There is necessarily less demand for weeknight games vs weekend.

Thanks for pointing that out. We do have far fewer weekend games and those games always sell better.

PTR

Wow!

Now you can get in for $11

$21 gets you in the lower bowl

I'm interested to see how much of this was going to happen coming into the season regardless, or how much is the listless start. I mean...these guys still have freakin Stamkos. The true depths of this will be seen after the Sabres win a few in a row.

Wow!

Now you can get in for $11

$21 gets you in the lower bowl

I'm interested to see how much of this was going to happen coming into the season regardless, or how much is the listless start. I mean...these guys still have freakin Stamkos. The true depths of this will be seen after the Sabres win a few in a row.

Those are some insanely low prices. I'm not sure the listless start has much to do with it; my own personal experience aside, it must be that people are not willing to pay much to see AHL talent.

FWIW, the Brooklyn Nets last year were, in theory, about as hot a ticket as it gets -- first year in a new arena in a densely populated area, good team, Jay-Z as part owner, plenty of other Q-factor items -- and I still got good seats (1st or 2nd row, upper deck, close to midcourt) for random mid-week games against crappy teams for $35.

Bottom line is that paying face value (or even 60% of face value) for pro sports tickets is an expensive night out. The team needs to make it worth your while.

there's a guy in my office who started out offering his tickets to tonight's game for sale, and he's now been reduced to pleading with someone to take them off his hands for nothing.

last check, he had no takers.

i'm going to wander down and suggest he pass them along to an appropriate charitable organization of his choosing.

there's a guy in my office who started out offering his tickets to tonight's game for sale, and he's now been reduced to pleading with someone to take them off his hands for nothing.

i'm going to wander down and suggest he pass them along to an appropriate charitable organization of his choosing.

That has happened to me even in "good" years; I find out at noon that I can't go to a game, and everyone already has plans for the night.

The Ronald McDonald House on W. Ferry has accepted them before.

FWIW, the Brooklyn Nets last year were, in theory, about as hot a ticket as it gets -- first year in a new arena in a densely populated area, good team, Jay-Z as part owner, plenty of other Q-factor items -- and I still got good seats (1st or 2nd row, upper deck, close to midcourt) for random mid-week games against crappy teams for $35.

Bottom line is that paying face value (or even 60% of face value) for pro sports tickets is an expensive night out. The team needs to make it worth your while.

You could see Phoenix play the Islanders tonight for $7.50

That has happened to me even in "good" years; I find out at noon that I can't go to a game, and everyone already has plans for the night.

The Ronald McDonald House on W. Ferry has accepted them before.

That's probably a good choice. Roswell and Children's will take them as well, but IIRC, they need to have the tix 2 days prior to the game; which doesn't help his friend tonight.

SABAH is a good charity for this kind of thing.

Maybe we should merge this with the slogan thread.

"Get your tickets....and a tax writeoff"

$18 in the lower bowl now. No way I go to this one, but if these prices come around for some other teams I bite for sure.

Are you seeing that on StubHub?

Unless its $25 for the pair it's really not a new low. I've seen tickets for $40 for the pair with the ramp pass in the 200's for tonight's game on Craigslist.

This is really the 3rd season in a row that I've noticed the fire sale with tickets. I thought last season with ridiculous but this year it's starting early.

With a "Marry me Torts, it's legal here" sign?

At least I don't have to buy him a ring.

HEYOOOO!!!!

Unless its $25 for the pair it's really not a new low. I've seen tickets for $40 for the pair with the ramp pass in the 200's for tonight's game on Craigslist.

This is really the 3rd season in a row that I've noticed the fire sale with tickets. I thought last season with ridiculous but this year it's starting early.

I'm quoting StubHub. This is by far the biggest cluster-F I've seen on there. You are locked in on StubHub. Craigslist is like Chz telling you to meet "her" at the Bluebird Motel....

Yes though...it is starting early...as in Game #2 early.

Like I said, I didn't plan on going to any games, but at $25 in the club, I would look at watching teams that I am interested in or respect.

Archived