GDT: Columbus at Buffalo 9-25-13 @7PM

spndnchz

My thoughts after watching from my Chet and Muffy section tonight. I love my section for the great views I get, the corner club is a great vantage point. So to anyone who bags on us club seat holders this year here's an early eff you. I wear my jersey usually and shout always and have a great time with benefits not available in the lower or upper bowl and my parkings included and I value my in seat time vs. waiting for a whistle stop to be allowed back to my seat! Three, four minutes sometimes.

Tonight's observations are that we really effed over Grigo last year. Should have let him skate full time in Quebec. But oh my the future showing tonight with Grigs, Gergs, Armia line looks like that could be one hell of an entertaining kid line with all tangibles needed. Grit, scoring ability and smarts. Really promising but requires patience.

Risto impressed the hell out me tonight. Dude is like a 25 year old veteran big presence that makes the opponent keep his head up. Cant wait till Z is with him full time but I just don't see that happening right off the bat and I previously thought that Z had a quicker path but Risto already looks polished and very capable. Welcome aboard to skilled, tough big man on D.

Kaleta, ah, Kaleta. Couple of self induced face plants into the glass and a couple of nice plays. Kaleta.

Vanek had a nice game with some unexpected grit. Yes I said that in one sentence. Vanek and Grit. I will post this in the captain thread but earlier today I said no way Vanek gets the C or even an A. I take that back. Is an insult to the man after thinking about it and watching him play tonight. A for sure based on contract status and maybe even the C! I have never given him that credit before but tip my hat to him.

Completely different team, completely different organization if he's back.

For sure. And Myers did put in lots of work this off-season. They said on WGR few weeks ago that Myers remained in Buffalo much of the summer and worked hard, and is in the best shape of his life right now. So far, so good. However, i am still going to be a little skeptical until i see it on a consistent basis in the regular season. Tonight we played pretty much the Blue Jackets AHL team.

I come to town and say I am a doctor with the best technology in the field and will cure your ill. It turns out actually that I kill 90% of my patients....but in the mean time, I opened up an awesome Greek Restaurant. And when you come for your medical appointment, all you see is freaking posters and flyers for Gyro and Souvlaki. So enjoy that shot of Uzo before you die.....

So that's a "no" then?

Finally getting to watch these guys play on the MSG replay. Thoughts so far:

I really really like Pysyk and Ristolainen.

Tallinder looks sharp and shifty. He doesn't seem to have lost a step. In fact he almost looks better than he did when he left us.

Drew Stafford is a ###### boat anchor. You can see Hodgson and Vanek working while Drew just jerks off. Just waive him already.

This Tyler Ennis commercial is goofy :lol: But I hear Pure Hockey is a hell of a store. I need to check it out.

Larsson actually looks at home with Scott and Kaleta. I would roll that line all season.

Larsson actually looks at home with Scott and Kaleta. I would roll that line all season.

Yeah! What a mean line. Rolston has been using Scott a decent amount this preseason, I wish I could have seen his games just to assess how much more he is than just a brute.

I really really like Pysyk and Ristolainen.

Tallinder looks sharp and shifty. He doesn't seem to have lost a step. In fact he almost looks better than he did when he left us.

Drew Stafford is a ###### boat anchor. You can see Hodgson and Vanek working while Drew just jerks off. Just waive him already.

Not to disagree with you but watching it in person Pysyk looked less impressive that Risto. Hank was alright and has a role. Drew ###### Stafford still looks like he is Drew ###### Stafford lost in the cloud.

And I forgot to mention Larsson. I was impressed with him but for one aspect. Size. He has none. But he is a two way player responsible at both ends and I actually felt he was benefitting greatly from the presence of Kaleta and Scott. And I say that's okay but if you paired him with Leino and Stafford for example he has to wear the man pants pretty much. Also add to Larsson that I was impressed with his speed.

Yeah! What a mean line. Rolston has been using Scott a decent amount this preseason, I wish I could have seen his games just to assess how much more he is than just a brute.

John plays a simple game. He doesn't hunt for big hits like Kaleta does and generally just tries to be defensively sound.

He's a guy who really seems to understand the game but is just missing that extra bit of skill. I could see him coaching.

Notice he spends a lot of time sitting in front of Rolston. An extra set of eyes perhaps...

Not to pysyk in everyone's Cheerios, but we should probably remember that we played Columbus tonight.

I wish we had a couple of tune-ups against some good teams to really see where we stand. The kids showed they could hang with some bottom dwellers. I guess that's a start.

EDIT: DPTG beat me to it

I guess I'll the Debbie Downer for the evening.

This was a pre-season game against one of the few teams in the entire league expected to be worse than us in the regular season coming up...

Outside of the goalies CBJ looked to be icing their normal lineup.

I'm pleased that they looked good against a team that they should look good against.

i think he has improved a ton from last year. his skating looks better and as he did towards the end of last season, he is looking to play more. seems to WANT to contribute more than doing demo work. good for him

i think he has improved a ton from last year. his skating looks better and as he did towards the end of last season, he is looking to play more. seems to WANT to contribute more than doing demo work. good for him

I think he wants to fit that Rob Ray mould. It suits him.

And Enroth's helmet is pretty cool.

I read somewhere they only dressed like 7 guys from last years team...

I don't have the roster in front of me but I saw a lot of familiar names.

Nah, easy tapping distance for the next time Spezza, or Giroux is out for a face off.

Gotta keep those goal scorers in line!

Well there is a link but it's not legal and chz would prob be pissed if I started posting it.

In all seriousness -- don't you pirate feed guys (not just you Liger) worry about viruses?

Well at least when Grigs makes the team I won't have to hear "he didn't show a GD thing!"...it'll be "he only had 1 good GD game!", which is slightly better! :P ;)

Well, it was a preaseason game. Let's see it in the regular season and I'll be very happy to stop saying it.

I come to town and say I am a doctor with the best technology in the field and will cure your ill. It turns out actually that I kill 90% of my patients....but in the mean time, I opened up an awesome Greek Restaurant. And when you come for your medical appointment, all you see is freaking posters and flyers for Gyro and Souvlaki. So enjoy that shot of Uzo before you die.....

ay, yai, yai, even for you.... :P

Well at least when Grigs makes the team I won't have to hear "he didn't show a GD thing!"...it'll be "he only had 1 good GD game!", which is slightly better! :P ;)

Bench him. It's Tuel Time.. :o

id have to disagree...holy crap grigorenko, I have NEVER heard someone say 'ya know' more in an interview in my life. I think he 'ya know' said it every like 'ya know' three words, 'ya know' what i mean?

Как ваш русский, вы знаете, ;)

Armia with a hand injury...status TBD.

Well that make's deciding a bit easier... Too bad... :huh:

In all seriousness -- don't you pirate feed guys (not just you Liger) worry about viruses?

Yes.

But I mostly use one site for feeds that has been reliable to date. Just don't click on anything extra, and keep your AV software up to date.

or the NSA, DOJ, DOS, DOD, FCC, IRS, CIA, DIA, ICC, CBP, TSA, ICE, USSS, Dick Cheney, Al Quada, Hezbollah, China, Russia, Israel, North Koreans, Iranians, Sri Lanka or the Mall Police.

Archived