rickshaw

Kaleta Should He stay or go?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Kaleta

• Trade him?
    • Keep him?
    • Keep him only if he cleans up his act?

Nailed it.

Respect, brotha.

What hit ? Honestly I'm still having trouble seeing where the crime happened and apparently the ref had trouble seeing it too. I'm no Kaleta apologist and I think he deserves what he gets based on his past history yada yada yada but this one is just weird.

He came within a hair's breadth (is that a thing?) of making that guy's career go the way of Marc Savard's. I really like Kaleta, but he got what he deserved. He needs to cut that ###### out, once and for all.

Respect, brotha.

He came within a hair's breadth (is that a thing?) of making that guy's career go the way of Marc Savard's. I really like Kaleta, but he got what he deserved. He needs to cut that ###### out, once and for all.

This 1 was entirely on his past history & a logical inference that he meant to put his shoulder through his head.

My only issue w/ it is the benefit of doubt that a lot of league darlings would have gotten there.

This 1 was entirely on his past history & a logical inference that he meant to put his shoulder through his head.

My only issue w/ it is the benefit of doubt that a lot of league darlings would have gotten there.

I agree. He had his elbow tucked in. They may not have taken the hitting out of hockey but they've taken a big step in taking the hitting out of Kaleta.

That said.. Kaleta needs to talk to Cooke about his game. If Kaleta focused less on hitting and more on just being disruptive on the ice with his speed he might serve a greater role. I think he feels like he needs to fire up everyone by going out and running someone. It's not needed.. just go out and disrupt the play and he'll be fine.

The next time I think he's done.. period.

That said.. Kaleta needs to talk to Cooke about his game. If Kaleta focused less on hitting and more on just being disruptive on the ice with his speed he might serve a greater role. I think he feels like he needs to fire up everyone by going out and running someone. It's not needed.. just go out and disrupt the play and he'll be fine.

Agreed. Just be hard to play against, every shift, and he's doing his job. No need for he extr-curricular stuff out there.

GO SABRES!!!

Kaleta to appeal suspension, Cooke offers to help him change

Wednesday was a busy one in the world of Patrick Kaleta.

First, word broke the Sabres’ agitator would appeal his 10-game suspension for a headshot on Columbus’ Jack Johnson. That news was then followed by an ESPN report claiming Matt Cooke — former public enemy No. 1 when it came to player safety — had reached out and offered assistance in reforming Kaleta’s style of play.

Yeah. Lots to digest here.

First, the appeal. According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Kaleta has decided to appeal after conferring with his agent and the NHLPA. According to the CBA, the first appeal will be heard by NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman — should Bettman uphold the ruling, there is a clause allowing for a second appeal, one that would go through a neutral arbitrator.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Have you seen this team this year? He should feel like he needs to fire everyone up.

Kaleta to appeal suspension, Cooke offers to help him change

Wednesday was a busy one in the world of Patrick Kaleta.

First, word broke the Sabres’ agitator would appeal his 10-game suspension for a headshot on Columbus’ Jack Johnson. That news was then followed by an ESPN report claiming Matt Cooke — former public enemy No. 1 when it came to player safety — had reached out and offered assistance in reforming Kaleta’s style of play.

Yeah. Lots to digest here.

First, the appeal. According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Kaleta has decided to appeal after conferring with his agent and the NHLPA. According to the CBA, the first appeal will be heard by NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman — should Bettman uphold the ruling, there is a clause allowing for a second appeal, one that would go through a neutral arbitrator.

Good for him. Not that I support Kaleta's style of play, but if you're going to give Kaleta 10, give the next guy 10 as well. If Kessel gets 3 for swinging a stick, reduce Kaleta to 3.

So I heard where Max Lapeire on STL gets only 5 games while putting Dan Boyle out on a stretcher and Kaleta gets 10 games for a hit on J Johnson who plays more than 20 mins after the hit and there was no penalty on the play. Lapeire is a repeat offender too if I'm not mistaken. Shanny is a total joke!!

Although Lapierre is a repeat offender his last suspension was a number of years ago which comes into play apparently with some sort of amnesty kicking in after a number of years has passed between suspensions. Kaleta on the other hand has had something like 4 suspensions in the last 4 years. Big difference.

Edited by bunomatic

And yet the one player hit went to the hospital and the other player hit barely noticed the contact and continued to play in the game. Big difference. (not being snarky towards you bunomatic, but the process is a joke).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.