rickshaw

Kaleta Should He stay or go?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Kaleta

• Trade him?
    • Keep him?
    • Keep him only if he cleans up his act?

19y1de.jpg

kaletaelbow.gif

Thanks for posting those. I tried to analyze the hit on youtube; sucked.

The hit's not late, he doesn't leave his feet, and he keeps his elbow down. The head is the first point of contact, really because the opponent's momentum changes as he shoots. Kaleta's prevented from taking a more parallel angle by the other opponent (not that I think he would've tried to take that lesser angle). Just looks like Kaleta tried to run him, didn't have a good angle, missed his check, and happened to catch his head, mostly because he missed. No elbow, no leaving feet.

edit: Despite his fast approach, Kaleta's also not charging, because he coasts into it.

But it's Kaleta, so 75 games.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

So what happens if they don't suspend him for any games? Do they back pay him for the time he misses?

That and why the delay ? I think they're really searchin on this one. No doubt he gets suspended because of past stupidity but is it deserved for this play ? Kaleta is his own worst enemy. He's essentially rendered himself useless at the N.H.L. level because he's a liability to his team and the league is out to get him. I'm not making excuses for him but he's obviously a marked man if this hit is suspendible.

I don't recall another player having to wait for a hearing. Has this happened before?

If memory serves, Raffi Torres had to wait prior to his last one. The games he waited were included in his penalty if I am remembering correctly.

So you can assume a minimum of 2 games for Kaleta anyway. Given the schedule 3 in reality is likely minimum.

I've been off the grid (gloriously so) and hadn't heard of/seen this.

I agree with Eleven's call - this will get 10+ games.

I also mostly disagree with the defenses being raised here. That hit looks an awful lot like the sort of garbage that Matt Cooke used to throw around -- even a bit like the Neil hit on Drury. It's a charge for starters [edit, the coast notwithstanding], the principal point of contact is the head, he's approaching from a blind side, there's an opportunity but no effort to avoid the head, the player being hit doesn't change his position so as to create the head-hit, the guy delivering the hit is a repeat offender ... they will stop just short of throwing the book at him. And rightly so.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I've been off the grid (gloriously so) and hadn't heard of/seen this.

I agree with Eleven's call - this will get 10+ games.

I also mostly disagree with the defenses being raised here. That hit looks an awful lot like the sort of garbage that Matt Cooke used to throw around -- even a bit like the Neil hit on Drury. It's a charge for starters, the principal point of contact is the head, he's approaching from a blond side, there's an opportunity but no effort to avoid the head, the player being hit doesn't change his position so as to create the head-hit, the guy delivering the hit is a repeat offender ... they will stop just short of throwing the book at him. And rightly so.

How does one do that? Does that only happen to folks with Nordic roots?

Nailed this one!

Here's that Shanaban video if you feel like torturing yourself http://video.nhl.com...onsole?catid=60

Yea I stopped watching at "no matter who had made this hit there would have been supplemental discipline" I don't have a problem with them doing this. I have a problem with the inconsistency with which they had ###### out. If this play had been reversed and Kaleta had been hit like that, I bet money there would have been 0 discipline handed out. Shanahan is biased and a liar. I have no respect for him.

I'm completely agnostic. If I woke up tomorrow and he was gone I would not miss him. If he stays, so be it. If he had any offense at all, I would feel differently.

Yeap.

10 games is appropriate. He deserves a relatively lengthy suspension, no denying that.

Yea I stopped watching at "no matter who had made this hit there would have been supplemental discipline" I don't have a problem with them doing this. I have a problem with the inconsistency with which they had ###### out. If this play had been reversed and Kaleta had been hit like that, I bet money there would have been 0 discipline handed out. Shanahan is biased and a liar. I have no respect for him.

I also don't have a problem with the length, but that is the absolute truth and that's what pisses me off, because I feel like we always get the short end with him anything questionable that we do is gonna be a suspension, but anything done against us doesn't get looked at or even explained.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.