rickshaw

Kaleta Should He stay or go?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Kaleta

• Trade him?
    • Keep him?
    • Keep him only if he cleans up his act?

In have to agree with 26 on this one. How scotts approach can be seen as anything but from the side(blindside) is beyond me.

Stop the video at 50ish seconds into it. Scott is on the redline already headed toward the puck carrier and Loui is receiving the puck at the blue line. Scott is in front of the play, the only reason that Loui didnt see him is that his head is down.

Loui didn't see the hit coming because he was too busy watching his pass. Onus on him to be more aware at center ice. But the hit was high. PoC is hard to determine, and when in doubt, blame the hitter in the name of safety. Can't say I disagree.

You're both right, but 26 more so. yes, Scott was in front of the play, but he was on the far side, and then skated directly down the red line while Loui continued to skate North South. It ended up blindsiding him, but still, because he watched his pass.

I'm torn on this hit really. it didn't seem that late, but I can see why they called it late. It wasn't clear what the point of contact was, but given the size differential and him being hurt, you kind of need to call it a head shot to prove that you are looking out for player safety. Does Scott have a record? no, but he is large guy that doesn't really contribute a lot to a team. I like the guy, but he's eating up minutes and a roster spot of a more talented kid possibly.

Loui didn't see the hit coming because he was too busy watching his pass. Onus on him to be more aware at center ice. But the hit was high. PoC is hard to determine, and when in doubt, blame the hitter in the name of safety. Can't say I disagree.

You're both right, but 26 more so. yes, Scott was in front of the play, but he was on the far side, and then skated directly down the red line while Loui continued to skate North South. It ended up blindsiding him, but still, because he watched his pass.

I'm torn on this hit really. it didn't seem that late, but I can see why they called it late. It wasn't clear what the point of contact was, but given the size differential and him being hurt, you kind of need to call it a head shot to prove that you are looking out for player safety. Does Scott have a record? no, but he is large guy that doesn't really contribute a lot to a team. I like the guy, but he's eating up minutes and a roster spot of a more talented kid possibly.

I can understand this, I still dont agree with a lot of the guys on this site saying that they lost respect for scott and those that are up in arms about it being terrible. I think its borderline just like the Dubinsky hit and if anything being kicked out of the game is enough. I think these hits are legal though but if they are going to take it away there is no reason Scott should be waiting for an in person hearing and Dubinsky is let off with just his game misconduct.

The league is demonizing John Scott and it isnt fair to him.

No way you can say that the Dubinsky hit was dirty. It was a front to front collision with the head being the secondary point of contact after Koivu's body was contacted.

I just watched the video again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTSsQ7UwnZ0

It looks like Dubinsky's shoulder goes straight into Koivu's head. (:41 mark of the video, Dubinsky's elbow in fact is in contact with Koivu and Koivu's head is jarred sideways).

Just saying, I don't think it's body first.

I just watched the video again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTSsQ7UwnZ0

It looks like Dubinsky's shoulder goes straight into Koivu's head. (:41 mark of the video, Dubinsky's elbow in fact is in contact with Koivu and Koivu's head is jarred sideways).

Just saying, I don't think it's body first.

It isnt, it is unfortunate that his head was hit but that wasnt headhunting and neither was scotts. When you cream a guy with your whole body on his whole body the head is going to be involved. That doesnt make it dirty.

I can understand this, I still dont agree with a lot of the guys on this site saying that they lost respect for scott and those that are up in arms about it being terrible. I think its borderline just like the Dubinsky hit and if anything being kicked out of the game is enough. I think these hits are legal though but if they are going to take it away there is no reason Scott should be waiting for an in person hearing and Dubinsky is let off with just his game misconduct.

The league is demonizing John Scott and it isnt fair to him.

I agree completely. I think a lot of this stems from Kaleta though, and his past transgressions. I think the league is keeping as close an eye on us as possible bc of him and our preseason debacles.

That Dubinsky hit was terrible, and the fact that he didn't even get a call is ridiculous. Do I think it's a conspiracy against the Sabres though? Nah.

Is there a cure for BVS?.....better known as Buffalo Victim Syndrome.

I dont have BVS just Shanahan Syndrome where me and other fans of every franchise and media members can never accurately predict a suspension. The more strongly someone feels about a player is the main factor when determining the suspension. Was kaletas hit bad? sure but was it ten games bad? absolutely not.

I dont have BVS just Shanahan Syndrome where me and other fans of every franchise and media members can never accurately predict a suspension. The more strongly someone feels about a player is the main factor when determining the suspension. Was kaletas hit bad? sure but was it ten games bad? absolutely not.

Also known as Shinaniganitis. I also have Staphylcoccus infection. The Tin Man used to be on this team and then I was missing a heart.

• 6 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.