All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

Had his weakest game of the four I've seen.

He got OK minutes overall, but they had him on the fourth line.

Didn't have the puck as much as previous games and seemed a little out of sync with the flow of the game.

I wouldn't describe his battle as excellent, but he's still noticeably more involved than what we saw in Buffalo.

Another homesick Euro-pu$$y. I wonder how much Leino's experience influenced his feelings about the organization. Compare this to Girgs, a European that embraces the challenge. Sure, he's been in the States longer and has had more of a chance to get acclimated, but still. Maybe Teppo can calm his Finnish-a$$ down before he has a full-blown panic attack. Would suck to lose that high a pick before he had a chance.

GO BILLS!!!

Curious, is there a reason to go off like this and go with the name calling? Are you including Leino because he's a Finn? Wouldn't Ristolainen have had more influence on Armia than Leino could have ever hoped? You hear one rumor and this is your response? Fantastic.

Glad to hear that the Amerks were able to make the playoffs despite the Buffalo team raiding all of their goaltending and defense over the last few weeks of meaningless NHL hockey due to the injuries. It would have been extremely detrimental to our young prospects to miss the AHL playoff experience over losing players to the NHL during the playoff push.

Curious, is there a reason to go off like this and go with the name calling? Are you including Leino because he's a Finn? Wouldn't Ristolainen have had more influence on Armia than Leino could have ever hoped? You hear one rumor and this is your response? Fantastic.

I'm fairly certain the post was 100% sarcasm.

Colton Gillies makes most of his chance with Amerks

Kevin Oklobzija April 18, 2014

When he was lopped off the Buffalo Sabres training camp roster before September had even ended, Colton Gillies wasn't sure what to think or, for that matter, where his career was headed.

He wouldn't turn 25 until February and had played all of the past two seasons — and three of the previous five — in the NHL. And now one of the worst teams in the league was telling him he couldn't play for them.

Not only that, but the Sabres wouldn't even appease him by offering a two-way contract. He was forced to settle for a one-year American Hockey League contract, a deal that wouldn't allow him to leave even if another organization wanted him on its NHL roster.

Amerks Team Awards

@kevinoDandC

The players voted Phil Varone as team MVP.

Rob Zabelny Unsung hero is Colton Gilliles.

Fairand/O'Neil sportsmanship award winner is Kevin Porter.

Tim Schaller is voted most improved player.

Nathan Lieuwen voted #Amerks rookie of the year. Freddy Roy booster club most popular player.

They've got Grigorenko playing with Adam (and Catenacci) tonight.

He's already looking better in a more prominent role, nearly buried one on a nice 2-on-1 with Adam.

And a player that has caught my eye that is under the radar is Schaller.

He's big and plays smart and hard. Scored a nice goal tonight.

No threat to be on the top-two lines, but I could see him contribute as a fourth-line centre.

I'm fairly certain the post was 100% sarcasm.

Hard to tell sometimes with people on here loving to bash things.

K9 has always shown himself to be one of the more level-headed posters on this board.

Just assumed people would know I was being totally sarcastic. Sorry that wasn't clear.

Thanks for getting my back here, Shrader. Much appreciated. It's easy get your tit in a ringer around here sometimes.

GO SABRES!!!

4/18 - AMERKS DISPATCH CRUNCH IN REGULAR SEASON HOME FINALE

The Rochester Americans jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first period and used multi-point outings from Phil Varone and Brayden Irwin to cruise to a 5-1 win over the visiting Syracuse Crunch in their regular season home finale Friday night at The Blue Cross Arena. The win improves the Amerks to 7-0-0-1 in their last eight games and closes out a strong season on home ice in securing a 22-10-3-3 record in Rochester.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW BOXSCORE

http://youtu.be/BAM1-yFtAqM

Was at the game last night, Luke Adam was all over, the team looked fresh and another really strong game for Makarov. Gotta love this team going into the playoffs. Syracuse was horrible in transition and really had no puck movement, it was choppy and sloppy at best. The game was over basically at the end of the 1st period. Go Amerks!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.