The "I sometimes break a sweat" thread

darksabre

Ask around at local bike shops. Someone who works there might just take a few minutes with you in the parking lot and get you through the basics.

Maybe... it was a local shop where I picked out the Trek (super helpful sales person), but it was raining that day so we couldn't take it outside.  I kinda like the idea of re-learning on a loaner bike at that lesson so when I pick up the new one we can set the seat properly and I won't have to mess with it much after (I've heard you want to set the seat as low as possible when learning).

Here's a view of that rusty old train bridge from the trails on the other side of the river. They were nice and muddy and my son and I had a blast. He was a trooper on his BMX bike.

20160510_161906_HDR_zpsnfr7izo0.jpg

Up close and personal on the river. Makes you feel small. 

20160510_161943_zps08kzqmil.jpg

The trees finally have leaves, the lawns can finally be mowed, and the ponds are no longer frozen. 

20160510_163257_zpszr31bszr.jpg

The last one is awesome. Looks like a postcard.

Thanks! I was just kinda cruising along and I saw that particular view of the city and I just slammed on the breaks. Taking pictures is kinda fun.

Rolled the wrong way in trapeze tonight and tangled myself severely.

No, it is NOT fun to hang upside down from your kneecap with your neck stuck and a metal bar wedged into your thigh with ropes pulled so tight your brain is just solid alarm signals.

Ugh. But uh, my lifts and control are improving significantly :/ 

And I get to go ride a horse for the first time in five years tomorrow! 

Rolled the wrong way in trapeze tonight and tangled myself severely.

No, it is NOT fun to hang upside down from your kneecap with your neck stuck and a metal bar wedged into your thigh with ropes pulled so tight your brain is just solid alarm signals.

Ugh. But uh, my lifts and control are improving significantly :/

And I get to go ride a horse for the first time in five years tomorrow!

Has it really been that long since we last rode?

It's just like riding a.....horse. I usually look forward to the amazing inner thigh bruise that develops once I've decided that walking is too slow and I take the horse to a full gallop through a trail ride. About halfway through, I realize that, "hey moron! You're not a cowboy! You should probably slow down."

Mayor Betsy and me

13177680_985963344785889_765371322956890

Someone took a picture of me taking a selfie with the mayor.

13217562_1146425495382268_53660601724049

Another 30 miles tonight, also fixed gear.

Caught a couple of interesting shots.  I wish I would have gotten to the windmill a few minutes earlier; the sun was almost fully set by the time I took this one.

13230258_986484651400425_421313613482771

Here's a waterfall along the trail.  It's usually much less active than this.  We've had a lot of rain lately though, so it's roaring.

13173701_986495758065981_278230472529550

Did another ride through the trails today with my boy. After we escaped the mud we rode back towards downtown. 

Luzerne County courthouse

Downtown WB

I love your biking pics. I'm so jealous because there is little to no nature/trail riding around here. That looks very relaxing. 

I love your biking pics. I'm so jealous because there is little to no nature/trail riding around here. That looks very relaxing.

Most of my time spent on the bike is in the middle of the woods, covered in mud with my heart about to burst through my chest because I push myself too hard, too fast. My stamina isn't quite there yet.

The breaks I take when I snap the pictures are the only time I get to breathe. So I guess they are relaxing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.