The "I sometimes break a sweat" thread

darksabre

Yep.  Beware of your 30s.  That's when it hit me.  I could eat whatever I wanted and I was 200 lb. (6'-2").  Then one day I was 238.  I'd like to get below 200 but I seem to be stuck on 210.  I can only imagine how much worse I'd be if I didn't ride.

Oh he's not wrong. I rode the high metabolism train to late 30's but it does at least catch up with you. At 43 I'm maintaining but between Ironwork and the gym I burn a gazillion calories a day and still need to watch my diet. Seems like I burn 7000 calories a day and take in 3500 and still barely maintain my weight.

Eh..... 135 / 90 is getting up there.

I like to be about 120 / 80 or lower.

All of this is true and bad habits are hard to kick once you get older. Salt intake is a big contributor to high blood pressure although far from the only thing. There is a lot more salt and sugar in your everyday diet than you might think. It's not just the extra you pour on your foods

Finally got back to the gym.  Been runnign here and there with the twins in the BOB stroller (man that's a bitch by mile 5).  Finally re-upped my gym membership after 10 months though.  Gonna start going everyday after work now that the wife has a new job and our schedule finally allows for it! 

The other thing that happened was the high blood pressure.

Yup. Early 30ish. Be prepared......................

Oh he's not wrong. I rode the high metabolism train to late 30's but it does at least catch up with you. At 43 I'm maintaining but between Ironwork and the gym I burn a gazillion calories a day and still need to watch my diet. Seems like I burn 7000 calories a day and take in 3500 and still barely maintain my weight.

You guys are depressing... :nana:

Me too. I'm like, WTF is Usain Bolt complaining about?!

Hell, I'm still impressed. Nice job, Matt. Keep going.

What if by bike he meant motorcycle though? If that's the case I go about 14 miles in 25 minutes while drinking coffee and smoking two cigarettes every morning on the way to work. Then I do the same with water instead of coffee on the way home. Yay me.

What if by bike he meant motorcycle though? If that's the case I go about 14 miles in 25 minutes while drinking coffee and smoking two cigarettes every morning on the way to work. Then I do the same with water instead of coffee on the way home. Yay me.

What if he meant he was on an exercise bike?

Ha, that's true. Google now tells me the average speed of my trip when I use the nav to get home. The last time I did on the bike the average work to home was 63 mph. People drive fast around here.

(oh, and no offense; I should be able to ride a bike faster than someone can plausibly run)

(oh, and no offense; I should be able to ride a bike faster than someone can plausibly run)

Hey man, I did a 2 mile jog with the dogs yesterday morning and I had to ice my knees last night. Where the did that come from!? I wasn't even tired after the run. 4 hours later my shins are killing me, I can't rotate my ankles and my knees feel like they are ready to explode. Every trip down the stairs was an adventure.

I feel perfectly fine today, but last night I felt entirely broken down!

I haven't exercised more than a few times since school started, because this semester is so busy. It's taking a toll on my mental health - I've broken down spontaneously like five different times, which never happens when I am able to do stuff. My sleep schedule has also suffered from the lack of exercise.

When I got home for break Columbus weekend, I put on skates, ignored my screaming lungs and rusty hands, and skated my ass off, and forced muscle memory to allow me to handle a puck again. I did it three different days. I slept well every single night and had a good weekend (aside from other stuff that happened out of my control) and I was very happy with how well I was moving and shooting. 

I can't wait to do that again and I hope the snow holds off long enough to allow me to. (I blade, there aren't ice rinks near me)

Then I come home, go back to my summer job, and spend the rest of my time working out and playing hockey.

In the meantime, I am just trying to get to tomorrow.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20161024-173811.png

Solid.

Hey man, I did a 2 mile jog with the dogs yesterday morning and I had to ice my knees last night. Where the ###### did that come from!? I wasn't even tired after the run. 4 hours later my shins are killing me, I can't rotate my ankles and my knees feel like they are ready to explode. Every trip down the stairs was an adventure.

I feel perfectly fine today, but last night I felt entirely broken down!

Come over the the rolly side.

Got some shots to share from practice tonight! As you can see, my hoop partner is smaller and super flexible. I'm just the muscle. We're up to 4 or 5 classes/sessions a week now- performing in December and ramping up the training. 

These are all kinda crappy quality screenshots from video taken. I don't know how to mess around with uploading videos so... 

14801115_10208015382208853_1322774688_n.

This is called Sleeping Beauty, and I'm in a backbend balancing us out. My feet are under her neck and between her legs, supporting her full weight. From this I lift her up to the hoop, she grabs, swings down, swings up, and I catch one of her feet between my thighs. She then hangs from my legs and poses while I attempt to not grimace. 

14877052_10208015381768842_1403812685_n.

This is the first pose in our shoulder stand set. It doesn't look like I'm doing much, but my legs are straight and are pushing her full weight off the hoop so she can split and pose. It's hell on my hands but we're getting it! 

14877724_10208015381688840_647625502_n.j

Second part, as you can see, she's hella flexible. Makes our routine better, since I'm the lesser experienced of the two of us.

Aaaand from our trapeze routine (different partner), a really blurry screencap of our final move, where she drops from the ropes above and I catch her in my armpits. 

14875346_10208015381608838_878897805_n.j

Edited by Josie914

Well I didn't do any of that crazy trapeze stuff, but I did play volleyball again tonight after two weeks off from my cruise. Holy jeebers did it feel like my entire body forgot what to do in this sport. Two weeks at sea and its like my legs have atrophied and my vertical went from great to non-existent. :(

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.