Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

His career is more than that and you know it. Lucic is 44th in the league in scoring with 53 points. 3rd on his team. Marchand has 43 points, 5th on his team and in the top 100 in the NHL.

Players whine about BS all the time. Good ones and bad ones and most of the time they are wrong. That's my entire point about psychology of the game. It shouldn't have to be explained, especially to those on this board who have called for being paralyzed.

They are doing their job.

I hate them both as players, but wishing for them to be paralyzed goes beyond the boards and into their personal lives. It's uncalled for and completely ridiculous.

Take the higher ground if you want. I have no problem not doing so. I like my favorite athletes to survive their careers. Meanwhile, scumbags like Lucic are out there actively trying to end those players careers. That's not psychology. That's not gamesmanship. It's criminal.

Take the higher ground if you want. I have no problem not doing so. I like my favorite athletes to survive their careers. Meanwhile, scumbags like Lucic are out there actively trying to end those players careers. That's not psychology. That's not gamesmanship. It's criminal.

Lucic and Chara both. And they never see the discipline for it. Is it wrong to wish ill on them, yeah it is. It defies my morals. Do I really wish either to be paralyzed? no. But I do believe that both of them are cheap shot artists and deserve any and all on-ice punishment they get, no matter the form. Whether it be a John Scott flying elbow, or a clean hip-check, they deserve what they get coming, and I take no issue with that.

Lucic and Chara both. And they never see the discipline for it. Is it wrong to wish ill on them, yeah it is. It defies my morals. Do I really wish either to be paralyzed? no. But I do believe that both of them are cheap shot artists and deserve any and all on-ice punishment they get, no matter the form. Whether it be a John Scott flying elbow, or a clean hip-check, they deserve what they get coming, and I take no issue with that.

I'll let Chara slide some times. But I can't let Lucic spearing Emelin from behind in the man bits slide. No man should ever deliberately take a shot at another man in that way unless he is fighting for his life. That is the only time it's acceptable.

Lucic doesn't deserve to have his bits between his legs.

Garbage. Whose career has he ended? Besides the incident with Miller has he even put an opposing player out of the lineup for an extended period of time? If this is your criteria then you better apply it evenly across the board. Are you also calling for Kaleta to be paralyzed? Shall we take every player in the league who has been suspended more than Lucic for cheap shots and call for them to be paralyzed.

I will guarantee that Lucic isn't looking for injure any player for a long period of time. Meanwhile, you are wishing for him to be permanently incapacitated. Yea.. he's the scumbag.

As for the Lucic / Emelin battle.. this has history and should only get better:

(Emelin injured on his checking of Lucic)

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/12/video-bruins-lucic-hits-canadiens-emelin-from-behind/

Garbage. Whose career has he ended? Besides the incident with Miller has he even put an opposing player out of the lineup for an extended period of time? If this is your criteria then you better apply it evenly across the board. Are you also calling for Kaleta to be paralyzed? Shall we take every player in the league who has been suspended more than Lucic for cheap shots and call for them to be paralyzed.

I will guarantee that Lucic isn't looking for injure any player for a long period of time. Meanwhile, you are wishing for him to be permanently incapacitated. Yea.. he's the scumbag.

https://www.youtube....cMaR6A��(Emelin injured on his checking of Lucic)

http://prohockeytalk...in-from-behind/

Better? The battle is going to get better? You mean like Thunderdome? Wait and see which guy tomahawks the other first?

Get real.

Dude. Lucic is an NHL heel without equal right now, but "criminal"? C'mon.

https://www.youtube....cMaR6A��(Emelin injured on his checking of Lucic)

http://prohockeytalk...in-from-behind/

that battle isn't getting any better. Lucic is a scumbag and he showed it when he speared Emelin after a clean hit that Emelin shouldn't need to respond to. That's ###### and you know it.

I think Kaleta crosses the line. I also think that he's a great penalty killer. I think if he could refine his game a little more he'd be a great 4th liner for this team.

I think Lucic needs a lot more than refining. He's a goon that can actually contributes but I think he's dirty (SEE: spearing of Emelin, Miller incident, dirty hit from behind on Spacek when Spacek played for Montreal, or how about him hitting anybody, and then turteling the second anyone wants HIM to answer for it?) he's a cheap shot artist and chicken himself. I have no respect for the guy. on ice or off

Dude. Lucic is an NHL heel without equal right now, but "criminal"? C'mon.

He's Pre-Bertuzzi. Let's see where everyone stands when he goes full Bert. We'll probably all forget about the next Steve Moore too. No one remembers the victims of so-called "psychology".

Disgusting.

that battle isn't getting any better. Lucic is a scumbag and he showed it when he speared Emelin after a clean hit that Emelin shouldn't need to respond to. That's ###### and you know it.

I think Kaleta crosses the line. I also think that he's a great penalty killer. I think if he could refine his game a little more he'd be a great 4th liner for this team.

I think Lucic needs a lot more than refining. He's a goon that can actually contributes but I think he's dirty (SEE: spearing of Emelin, Miller incident, dirty hit from behind on Spacek when Spacek played for Montreal, or how about him hitting anybody, and then turteling the second anyone wants HIM to answer for it?) he's a cheap shot artist and chicken himself. I have no respect for the guy. on ice or off

I find it interesting, and somewhat ironic, that Boston's newest incarnation of Neely has more than a little bit of the guy (Ulfy) that ended Neely's career in him.

He's Pre-Bertuzzi. Let's see where everyone stands when he goes full Bert. We'll probably all forget about the next Steve Moore too. No one remembers the victims of so-called "psychology".

Disgusting.

Clearly. I'm surprised I didn't see this before. The NHL discipline system is a joke and the fact that Todd Bertuzzi was allowed to continue to play in the league is a joke. However, there are plenty of players who take cheap shots that are far worse than Lucic and none of them have gone "full Bert". But outstanding work on tying that into the pop culture "full retard" reference that was recently used in this thread.

Better? The battle is going to get better? You mean like Thunderdome? Wait and see which guy tomahawks the other first?

Get real.

No, not McSorley better, neanderthal. Again, you are showing your similarities to Lucic. Better in that Emelin finally got retribution, IN THE GAME, with a legal hit. If Lucic gets rattled and gets himself suspended or off his game even better. Perhaps now he'll pay attention to Emelin and keeps him from running around with reckless abandon. If Lucic crosses the line then hopefully he'll be suspended. If not, it's not his fault for not being suspended. It's the joke of the NHL DoPS. He's still the guy who committed the act and that's that.. even then, not wishing for him to be paralyzed.

Yea, it's BS. He should be suspended for spearing.

The point isn't whether Kaleta can be a good player. The point was that Kaleta has committed the same and even worse fouls as Lucic and no one here is calling for him to be paralyzed. At least that's what I was wondering..

Kaleta has a history of turtling as well. You don't have to respect the guy. No one should. Don't mistake my argument as supporting Lucic. I don't like the guy. I would prefer that he was not playing the game of hockey. My argument is that calling for a player to paralyzed is completely out of line and ridiculous.

I want him to be punished in the game. I want him to be hit, to be rattled, to be thrown off his game. I want his team to lose, all the time.

He's Pre-Bertuzzi.

That's not my sense of things. But we'll see, I guess.

Don't mistake my argument as supporting Lucic. I don't like the guy. I would prefer that he was not playing the game of hockey. My argument is that calling for a player to paralyzed is completely out of line and ridiculous.

Now you've gone too far.

Lucic truly has become the next Cam Neely. You couldn't hit Neely clean without reprisal too. I'm not sure what it is about Boston power forwards not being willing to take back a little of what they give out.

FTFY.

All Boston players are like this. It's the patriot attitude. They're going to do what they think they can get away with to get ahead, and not even the rules are going to stop them. And if you dare to fight back, then they'll just go over the top, often in some dirty or illegal way to demonstrate that they make the law on the ice, regardless of league rules. And if the league were to actually punish that behavior in a meaningful way, the pissing and moaning from the fans, media, and players would endless on two fronts: 1) that's not old-school hockey/the league is a bunch of pussies 2) that's not fair/Boston gets screwed too much.

This is why John Scott exists*. He was brought in to show Bruins players that no matter what they think about rules or supplemental discipline, they might forget how to eat soup at age 45 because they thought they were above league rule and had to have their septum caved in by an ice skating Goliath.

* He's a nice guy, an educated guy, and funny. I hope he develops into a worthwhile player, but I don't have really any expectations for him on-ice.

They started with the assistant?

George Richards said tonight that Tallon was visibly upset, but it was Tallon's decision to let Santos go. I'm wondering if Tallon knows that Viola is wiping the slate clean and he let Santos go early to give him a chance to pursue something else.

George Richards said tonight that Tallon was visibly upset, but it was Tallon's decision to let Santos go. I'm wondering if Tallon knows that Viola is wiping the slate clean and he let Santos go early to give him a chance to pursue something else.

That would make more sense in October than in March, but ok. I mean, there has to be some explanation for it, and I can't think of another.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.