Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

I actually thought it was one of the rare times, and I mean very rare, where that move made sense. He was coming across the goal, the goalie was following him and had the net completely covered, they both kept moving and the puck stopped and he became his own screen. If they don't like it then stop it.

Also, screw the Rags.

Agree on the second point for sure.

Heck I agree on the first point as well. This league allows goals where you plow through a goalie showing no creativity at all yet get upset when a kid shows an artists touch. Sure its what 7-2 or something at that time but who cares ? Teams run it up all the time.

Agree on the second point for sure.

Heck I agree on the first point as well. This league allows goals where you plow through a goalie showing no creativity at all yet get upset when a kid shows an artists touch. Sure its what 7-2 or something at that time but who cares ? Teams run it up all the time.

I would rather he try something like that in a blow out game then in a close one where I need him to score a goal. Sure it might look bad that he is scoring with a goal like that, but he is taking more of a chance of missing by doing it then if he just shot from there

I'm impressed he managed to lift the puck while skating. A few Sabres could be taught how to lift it normally, let alone through your legs.

Well, there's one Sabre that can do it...well, he didn't lift it, but who cares, it went in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3gLwTzN5t0

Edited by skaught

Hertls goal was simply awesome!

The whole league should tap their hats to this exp<b></b>ression of talent instead of bitching around like Oates.

This is hockey in one of his purest forms, the artist side of the coolest game on earth.

You know what's artistic as well? The perfect hit.

After Hertl's little display in an 8-2 game....I make it a point to keep hitting in a lopsided game with the lead. Maybe when the little boy has the puck and is just waiting to get on the bus...he go bye-bye.

You know what's artistic as well? The perfect hit.

After Hertl's little display in an 8-2 game....I make it a point to keep hitting in a lopsided game with the lead. Maybe when the little boy has the puck and is just waiting to get on the bus...he go bye-bye.

Well, nobody was in position to make a hit. If they were the goal might not have been scored. Probably because the Rangers were already on the bus.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Well, nobody was in position to make a hit. If they were the goal might not have been scored. Probably because the Rangers were already on the bus.

And in all honesty, I'm shocked there was no retribution. That's pretty much the point...for you to get open to pull that sort of bologna, the other team has called it a day. Next time I bet they don't call it a day.

The Hockey Gods have taken notice. I'm predicting within the next few weeks, Hertl goes down with an injury....not caused by anything nefarious. Just a good ol', hockey gods putting the little DB back in his place injury. 4-6 week minimum.

And how does Pegula not make Darcy draft a guy named Hertl? If there is a player named Joe Cheektowaga, you bet he's Sabres property.

Ahh..now I see why nothing happened. They benched Hertl for the rest of the game!!!

That lil' sh!t will get his......

And in all honesty, I'm shocked there was no retribution. That's pretty much the point...for you to get open to pull that sort of bologna, the other team has called it a day. Next time I bet they don't call it a day.

The Hockey Gods have taken notice. I'm predicting within the next few weeks, Hertl goes down with an injury....not caused by anything nefarious. Just a good ol', hockey gods putting the little DB back in his place injury. 4-6 week minimum.

And how does Pegula not make Darcy draft a guy named Hertl? If there is a player named Joe Cheektowaga, you bet he's Sabres property.

Ahh..now I see why nothing happened. They benched Hertl for the rest of the game!!!

That lil' sh!t will get his......

If this happens this will be sad.

Hockey needs artists.

Of course we also need hard checks and fights ( I love fights). But to send goons against super stars because the scored an awesome goal is crazy.

I think it's pretty obvious that years of Tortorella's verbal abuse left permanent scars on the Rags, robbing them of all potential for toughness going forward. At least Lindy's physical assault only ruined two players, not a full roster!

I am very interested to see how both NY and Vancouver do.

They benched the kid the last 8 minutes....that makes more sense now. Seriously....we are in a punka$$ world when that is glorified. I can't believe Marty didn't spear him in the nads.

Or maybe Chara should cleanly check this guy into the boards in an 8-2 game every chance he has with all the force he has.....

This little pipsqueak needs to learn "There but for the grace of God go I"....

Not comparable situations IMO. There's not a whole lot a player can do when Chara decides to drill them. An All-star game goal attempt? Make the save. The kid will then look foolish for trying such a move in a real game.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Great comment by Joe Thorton re. Hertl

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/10/10/canucks-vs-hertl-gameday-what-we-learned/

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:

“Shut up, have you ever played the game?”

When the press turned his way, he then added:

“I’d have my ###### out if I scored four goals. I’d have my ###### out, stroking it.”

I am very interested to see how both NY and Vancouver do.

They benched the kid the last 8 minutes....that makes more sense now. Seriously....we are in a punka$$ world when that is glorified. I can't believe Marty didn't spear him in the nads.

I'm not surprised by this. I caught the tail end of an interview with a San Jose player on the radio a day or two after the play (I turned it on late, so I missed which player it was). He hinted that the Sharks bench wasn't too crazy about him doing it.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/10/10/canucks-vs-hertl-gameday-what-we-learned/

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:

“I’d have my ###### out if I scored four goals. I’d have my ###### out, stroking it.”

That combined with all the follow-up jokes on twitter made my day. Hilarious.

God bless Joe Thornton.

Edited by d4rksabre

http://blogs.theprov...hat-we-learned/

All we need is for Foligno to say something similar and we'll have those tickets sold. To hordes of screaming fangirls, but hey, money's money.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.