Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Your entire point is trivial and as I said previously, embarrassing.

I don't think you said embarrassing earlier. I don't think you addressed a thing. I'm not sure you can, because usually, if you can, you do, without resorting to the nonsense above.

There's a reason why Scott is on this team, and I'll bet if we look back at your own posts from 2011, we'll find it.

Edited by Eleven

I don't think you said embarrassing earlier. I don't think you addressed a thing. I'm not sure you can, because usually, if you can, you do, without resorting to the nonsense above.

There's a reason why Scott is on this team, and I'll bet if we look back at your own posts from 2011, we'll find it.

What you'll find is a call for tougher hockey players, not goons. I've never been a fan of the Andrew Peters and Rob Rays of the team. I'd always preferred the Brad Mays who can play the game and also be a tough SOB. Scott brings nothing to this team. If this team has gained any toughness it's because of players like Ott and Foligno.

There's nothing to address on the other points. It's just so absurd. look around the NHL, there are incidents where players get hurt. Sometimes there is secondary discipline and sometimes there's not. To try and indicate that discipline is based on the jersey a player wears is absurd. John Scott has twice, in a couple of months, attacked star players on marquee franchises and all he received is 7 games. If the NHL was out to get the Sabres Scott would have received much more.

What you'll find is a call for tougher hockey players, not goons. I've never been a fan of the Andrew Peters and Rob Rays of the team. I'd always preferred the Brad Mays who can play the game and also be a tough SOB. Scott brings nothing to this team. If this team has gained any toughness it's because of players like Ott and Foligno.

There's nothing to address on the other points. It's just so absurd. look around the NHL, there are incidents where players get hurt. Sometimes there is secondary discipline and sometimes there's not. To try and indicate that discipline is based on the jersey a player wears is absurd. John Scott has twice, in a couple of months, attacked star players on marquee franchises and all he received is 7 games. If the NHL was out to get the Sabres Scott would have received much more.

I never have stated or implied that Scott was suspended because he is a Sabre or that the NHL is out to get the Sabres. I have stated that the NHL has allowed the Sabres to be attacked, with no consequence to the attacker, for some time, and that is the reason Scott is on the roster. If you can't see that, I guess we have to do the agree to disagree thing.

I finally get what you are saying. It's okay for star players to attack no-name players, but not okay for no-name players to attack stars.

I, in fact, believe that this is exactly what the NHL believes and what we have been saying all along.

I finally get what you are saying. It's okay for star players to attack no-name players, but not okay for no-name players to attack stars.

I, in fact, believe that this is exactly what the NHL believes and what we have been saying all along.

I think that's what the NHL believes, too. In fact, DownGoesBrown has been making fun of it for at least half a decade.

Although,… doesn't quite explain the Miller/Lucic thing though,… but your probably right.

Most Favored Team explains it.

Lack of suspension for Emery is a wolf in sheep’s clothing – and could lead to further restrictions on NHL fighting

The ugly, indefensible spectacle involving the Flyers and Capitals Friday in Philadelphia makes life easier for those of us who have been arguing the NHL must rid itself of superfluous, nonsensical fighting. However, it does no favors for the league or the sport – and the disgust it was met with in virtually all corners is an indictment of the archaic, old-school mentality that stubbornly supports this egregious garbage.

Reminds me of Shea Weber's play against Detroit where he takes Zetterberg's head and rams it into the boards. Clearly intential. No suspension because, of course, Weber is a star player. Had Kaleta or Scott done something like that there'd be a congressional inquiry and they'd be suspended indefinitely. It is a system that protects the stars and throws the book at "lesser" players. (Not unlike the real judicial system in this country?)

http://www.sbnation....ators-red-wings

Ok guys, I just ran across this while having my morning coffee. I missed the first half of this game cuz of work and the fact the CBC makes West Coast teams play early so the beloved Leafs fans don't have to wait up to watch them play on a Saturday night.

With all the suspensions being handed out, the blogger here shows a perfect example of why the NHL misses the boat on getting dirty hits out of the game. Lupul clearly goes head hunting on this clip and ends up putting his own guy out of the contest. But why isn't he being suspended? Watch the clip and tell me that this wasn't a clear attempt to target the head. Just because he misses shouldn't mean he doesn't get a suspension. This is nothing but a dirty play and this should have Lupul called to the carpet. Thoughts?

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/11/03/the-attempted-assassination-of-henrik-sedin/

Ok guys, I just ran across this while having my morning coffee. I missed the first half of this game cuz of work and the fact the CBC makes West Coast teams play early so the beloved Leafs fans don't have to wait up to watch them play on a Saturday night.

With all the suspensions being handed out, the blogger here shows a perfect example of why the NHL misses the boat on getting dirty hits out of the game. Lupul clearly goes head hunting on this clip and ends up putting his own guy out of the contest. But why isn't he being suspended? Watch the clip and tell me that this wasn't a clear attempt to target the head. Just because he misses shouldn't mean he doesn't get a suspension. This is nothing but a dirty play and this should have Lupul called to the carpet. Thoughts?

http://blogs.theprov...f-henrik-sedin/

Which is why this league is a joke. You want intent to injure? That is the video you show refs. Dear god Shenanigans fails at his job. They should find some panel of NHL refs with good long careers and have them paid half by the players and half by the league to review these hits and come to a fair conclusion. Or we can have the circus we do now.

Note: hard to put a guy with a degree in mechanical engineering and sophisticated sense of humor, in the goon category. Think of him as a hard punching geek that other players in the NHL give a lot of space to.

Edited by waldo

http://blogs.theprov...f-henrik-sedin/

Rick the part about the guys at cbc missing that play and not replaying it was what hit home for me. The way these same people absolutely slayed John Scotts character in the days and week following his hit on the player from Boston was sick. His hit was bad, sure. I'm not disputing that but this elbow attempt was equal to if not worse in my books. Its a leaf player so lets just let that one slide shall we ? What a fukcing joke.

Edited by bunomatic

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.