Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

Fitzpatrick played today EXACTLY consistently with how he played for 3 1/2 years as the Bills starter. Terrible. A 57.7 rating. His throws are inaccurate - even many of his completed passes, they were thrown low or behind the receiver. And not much point in having him launch it downfield - I noticed today the Titan receiver had to slow down appreciably to allow the ball to reach him on a deep pass. That allowed the pass coverage to break it up.

Astonishing the Titans paid as much as they did to pick him up - he's not 2nd string - he's 3rd string caliber. Hell, even the RAMS cut him loose before the Bills picked him up.

And amazingly, it took Bumbling ole' Buddy Nix an extra year or two longer than it did sports writers and Bills fans to come to the realization that Fitzpatrick was not the Bills franchise QB. And that extra delay resulted in the Bills passing up some far superior QB drafting opportunities, and then finally drafting during a poor QB class, instead of either drafting BEFORE 2013, or waiting until 2014.

Edited by Jsixspd

Fitzpatrick played today EXACTLY consistently with how he played for 3 1/2 years as the Bills starter. Terrible. A 57.7 rating. His throws are inaccurate - even many of his completed passes, they were thrown low or behind the receiver. And not much point in having him launch it downfield - I noticed today the Titan receiver had to slow down appreciably to allow the ball to reach him on a deep pass. That allowed the pass coverage to break it up.

Astonishing the Titans paid as much as they did to pick him up - he's not 2nd string - he's 3rd string caliber. Hell, even the RAMS cut him loose before the Bills picked him up.

And amazingly, it took Bumbling ole' Buddy Nix an extra year or two longer than it did sports writers and Bills fans to come to the realization that Fitzpatrick was not the Bills franchise QB. And that extra delay resulted in the Bills passing up some far superior QB drafting opportunities, and then finally drafting during a poor QB class, instead of either drafting BEFORE 2013, or waiting until 2014.

When the score first came up that Johnson had a 57 yard TD from Fitz, I said no way that went more than 10 yards through the air. Then I saw it. Well it went about 3 or 4 and Johnson did the rest.

The Broncos just know how to win.... I'd love to watch high caliber football like that game when i see our team..... Romo choking again when it really mattered was also enjoyable for me

Peyton is playing on a different level than anyone else. Stop Welker and Moore and they unleash Moreno and Thomas. Sheesh..

So in Pat White Thad Lewis we trust. What does an NFL franchise that started the season with two rookie QBs do for an encore? They sign a QB that couldn't beat out a couple of rookies. They sign a QB with less NFL throws than Tuel. Simply marvelous. I don't know jack about Pat Thad and me thinks I don't want to...

That is just the icing on the cake of a week in the life of a Buffalo sports fan.

To recap:

The week begins on the high of having beaten the Ravens and the start of the NHL season.

Day 1 -- Sabres come out listless in Detroit and are completely outplayed in all facets of the game, save goal tending.

Day 2 -- Bills squander a 10 point lead in Cleveland and then lose their starting QB for 38% of the season. Backup rookie looks like the game is too big for him. Coach swears up and down that backup was fully prepped to play which means what you see is what you get, All WNY eyes look hopefully south to the recently released malcontent as the only possible savior.

Day 3 -- The Sabres play a sloppy but entertaining game against Ottawa only to surrender a late, late goal to lose 1-0. Game 2 and coach is already calling out player's effort. Home opener is lost and the career save night by goal tender auditioning for a gig somewhere else is spoiled. Goal tender mysteriously shows up on the day-to-day injury list.

Day 4 -- The Sabres play a 2nd game in 24 hours against the Pens and are embarassed in all aspects of the game. Making that a clean sweep of 0-4.

Day 5 -- Rumors swirling about Raiders getting ready to sign malcontent QB and Bills working out Pat and Dennis. Neither Pat nor Dennis has a real NFL resume. Vikings come out of no where and sign the malcontent. Buffalo panics because Pat is scheduled to visit Raiders on Monday and signs a guy who had thrown less passes than Tuel, was out of football for 2 years and managed to beat the Bills in a meaningless preseason game before being cut. Meanwhile on TV, Dallas-Denver stage an epic battle reminding Buffalo sports fans how far away from competing their team is.

Update --

Day 6 -- So the Toronto paper was wrong. Seems we are going to a guy that could not beat two rookies out for a starting position on the Buffalo Bills.

Welcome to Buffalo Pat Thad Lewis. Where sports nightmares come true.

Edited by wjag

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.