Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

Marrone = MORON! Bills would have won had they kicked the field goal in the first half instead of going for it on 4th and goal.

He did the same last week and the Bills came away with no points on a 4th down in FG range! Media and fans need to get in that guy's grill and hold him fully accountable and responsible for his game losing coaching error.

I loved that 4th and goal call. Bills would have won if X,Y,Z had gone in their favor but it didnt

Highly entertaining game.

Edited by LGR4GM

Marrone = MORON! Bills would have won had they kicked the field goal in the first half instead of going for it on 4th and goal.

He did the same last week and the Bills came away with no points on a 4th down in FG range! Media and fans need to get in that guy's grill and hold him fully accountable and responsible for his game losing coaching error.

The Bills could have won had they not gotten stupid penalties on 3rd down THREE times that gave the Bengals a first down.

Lots of mistakes in the 2nd and 3rd quarter prevented them from winning, that's all that's to it.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Is the assumption then that somehow everything else plays out exactly the same?

Is the assumption then that somehow everything else plays out exactly the same?

The Bills could have tied the game with a chip shot field goal at that point. It was a horrendous decision to give away points. That's 6 points in the last two games the Bills have basically given away.

Additionally, the play calls for that entire series of downs were horrendous. Ball at 1 yd line and goal, and keep running up the middle for 3 downs in a row without mixing it up? Just stupid!

Big picture gentlemen.

The Bills are entertaining, seem to be on the upswing, and are in every game, despite a ridiculous run of injuries.

Next year, with a year of the system under their belts and another draft to build some depth, they may be a playoff team.

Nice to see dawn coming for one of our teams.

Bills are now 2-4. Sportsclubstats now has their chance of making the playoffs this season as only 4.2%. How many years would that make since the Buffalo Bills have had a post-season appearance? 14 years?

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL.html

What's astonishing - Darcy Regier was into, what, his THIRD season when the Bills lost their Music City Miracle playoff game? Astonishing how inept Buffalo sports are - a losing hockey GM retained for 17 seasons and counting in the same city where the football franchise is setting records for futility.

You don't know that. I would have kicked but too many things happened to say for sure.

The Bills could have tied the game with a chip shot field goal at that point. It was a horrendous decision to give away points. That's 6 points in the last two games the Bills have basically given away.

Additionally, the play calls for that entire series of downs were horrendous. Ball at 1 yd line and goal, and keep running up the middle for 3 downs in a row without mixing it up? Just stupid!

You didn't answer DeLuca's question. It's also funny you mention sportsclubstats in another post. Did you know the win probability increased more for making the TD than it decreased for going for it but coming up empty? It was the right call.

Why not? People do this all the time with regard to Vanek's contract and Edmonton's first round picks.

And they get called on it.

Thad Lewis comes off the practice squad and leads this team back from a 14 point fourth quarter deficit. And he did it without the Bills "#1" receiver. It was a performance that made me feel proud to be a Bills fan. I can't remember the last time I felt as good about this franchise as I did today.

Edited by deluca67

Thad Lewis comes off the practice squad and leads this team back from a 14 point fourth quarter deficit. And he did it without the Bills "#1" receiver. It was a performance that made me feel proud to be a Bills fan. I can't remember the last time I felt as good about this franchise as I did today.

Yes, their heart was definetely in it. I was thoroughly impressed today.

(I really wish I knew why this is the only forum that spell check doesn't work on)

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I was being facetious.

You didn't answer DeLuca's question. It's also funny you mention sportsclubstats in another post. Did you know the win probability increased more for making the TD than it decreased for going for it but coming up empty? It was the right call.

There is no reason whatsoever not to go for it in that particular situation. There can be no intelligent debate about it.

Edited by Eleven

If you didn't put the "#1" receiver in quotes I'd have accused you of being hacked and/or trolling :P

I for one am sick of all of these moral victories.

It's not really a "moral victory"; it's a sign that the team is turning around. I think playoffs next year are not expected, but not out of the question, either. I think playoffs in two years are a virtual certainty. It's the difference between a team that is rebuilding the right way and a team that isn't. I see progress with the Bills, including with various individual players. I did not see that the last X seasons. (X is a relatively large number.)

I like to apply Occam's Razor - i,e, the simplest explanation is the best. The Bills had an opportunity, with likely a 95% probability of success, of converting their position at the 1 yd line into a field goal and 3 points. 3 more points and the Bills would have won the game. The logic is inescapable, except to possibly Marrone fan-boyz.

It was especially stupid, given the fact the Bills had tried the same last week and failed in a similar fashion

Compounding the stupidity, was the blind devotion to running the ball up the middle, not even mixing in a pass play in the first 3 downs.

Do we really think the Bengals would have played better or differently in the 2nd half had the teams been tied at the half, vs the Bengals protecting a meager 3 point lead??? If anything, the Bills allowing the Bengals a successful goal line stand, holding the Bills to ZERO points, helped the morale of the Bengals appreciably.

Edited by Jsixspd

I like to apply Occam's Razor - i,e, the simplest explanation is the best. The Bills had an opportunity, with likely a 95% probability of success, of converting their position at the 1 yd line into a field goal and 3 points. 3 more points and the Bills would have won the game. The logic is inescapable, except to possibly Marrone fan-boyz.

It was especially stupid, given the fact the Bills had tried the same last week and failed in a similar fashion

Compounding the stupidity, was the blind devotion to running the ball up the middle, not even mixing in a pass play in the first 3 downs.

Do we really think the Bengals would have played better or differently in the 2nd half had the teams been tied at the half, vs the Bengals protecting a meager 3 point lead??? If anything, the Bills allowing the Bengals a successful goal line stand, holding the Bills to ZERO points, helped the morale of the Bengals appreciably.

Here is the problem with your theory, you are assuming that the rest of the game plays out exactly the same if we get 3 more points in the 1st quarter. As for the rest we don't know how they would have played because that didn't happen. It was a gutsy call and if you want to argue they should have run different plays during the 1-4 downs they had there then go ahead but saying that the 3pts there means we win the game is like saying if the Titanic left port 1minute earlier it doesn't hit the iceberg. Maybe but that's not what happened.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.