Jump to content
Eleven

The other sports thread

Recommended Posts

Ugh...this review is annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens when the refs DON’T “let ‘em play”.

6 hours ago, ubkev said:

5, 7, 1, 17, 8, 16, and 14. Those are my Derby horses in no particular order. I've got $24 riding on this race in various ways. I like the 1 to go wire to wire especially since they moved him off the rail and I like the 17 because a horse has to win from that post eventually, right...that's how math works, isn't it?  For a bomb let's toss 2 bucks on the 15 horse. He's Japanese and I like their food, cars and electronics.

I miss @Ghost of Dwight Drane

I think of GoDD, too, on Triple Crown days ...

 

Edited by Neo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former Amerk Rumun Ndur's son gonna hop for Rhode Island 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pelicans win the lotto for Zion. I wonder if he stays to avoid them, if he comes out, if Anthony Davis now stays for Zion...intereseting

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Pelicans win the lotto for Zion. I wonder if he stays to avoid them, if he comes out, if Anthony Davis now stays for Zion...intereseting

 

Clearly the pelicans have shied away from paying AD.  I wonder if trading him for #4 plus, draft two Duke kids and build around them and whatever you fleece the Knicks for is something they are toying with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WildCard said:

I'm trying to get Notre Dame - USC tickets with 2 other friends. What is the cheapest/best way of going about this? 

@LGR4GM @GASabresIUFAN ?

I usually go to stubhub with a budget.  I’ve done eBay as well once or twice.  With the game at ND and so many alums in Buffalo, I suspect if you are patient you might find someone willing to sell them to you on sites like Nextdoor. 

 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preakness time. $6 on 4,1,7. $2 on the 11. Ho hum...no storylines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Preakness time. $6 on 4,1,7. $2 on the 11. Ho hum...no storylines.

I lost. My gf won. That means I won.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First ever Braves game and my dad got to see a walk off home run in the 10th. What a weekend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/yoenis-cespedes-suffers-ankle-fractures-on-ranch

 

I swear, the winning bid that got the Mets put in MLB as an expansion franchise was written with a ***** cursed monkey’s paw... 

It's all part of that hangover from that World Series they won in March 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ubkev said:

It's all part of that hangover from that World Series they won in March 🙂

 

07294765-99B8-4A1E-AA39-ECBFF1BE489D.gif

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see competition is alive and well in the NBA again 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WildCard said:

Good to see competition is alive and well in the NBA again 🙄

I'm super tired of the Warriors. So unlikeable.  Hopefully the Bucks can do us a favor but I doubt it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 7:27 AM, inkman said:

I'm super tired of the Warriors. So unlikeable.  Hopefully the Bucks can do us a favor but I doubt it. 

I was very fond of the Warriors before Durant joined. I still don't mind that it's happening to that fan base, but I certainly will be rooting for the East in the Finals once again. Ideally my Raptors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole Warrior thing has done a wonderful job of exposing the hypocrisy that is the sports media.  For years players were vilified for chasing money instead of titles.  Then once Durant does the opposite he still gets vilified.  Not only is he supposed to want to win, but he's also supposed to do it on his own.  The sad part is that people will never realize that the media is the ultimate attention *****, saying whatever they have to in order to get attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shrader said:

The whole Warrior thing has done a wonderful job of exposing the hypocrisy that is the sports media.  For years players were vilified for chasing money instead of titles.  Then once Durant does the opposite he still gets vilified.  Not only is he supposed to want to win, but he's also supposed to do it on his own.  The sad part is that people will never realize that the media is the ultimate attention *****, saying whatever they have to in order to get attention.

LeBron was torn apart for going ring chasing in Miami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

LeBron was torn apart for going ring chasing in Miami.

Well that and he made a spectacle of it, then promised some 9 championships after a massive unveiling like he was a used car salesman

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WildCard said:

Well that and he made a spectacle of it, then promised some 9 championships after a massive unveiling like he was a used car salesman

And none of it was a mistake. I hated it all, but it was all the right move. I used to say only “The Decision” special was a mistake but even that is fine. He was the biggest star in American sports exploring his own power. Turns out: he’s as powerful as he is talented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hoss said:

And none of it was a mistake. I hated it all, but it was all the right move. I used to say only “The Decision” special was a mistake but even that is fine. He was the biggest star in American sports exploring his own power. Turns out: he’s as powerful as he is talented.

Considering it a mistake depends on what his goal was

Personally I think he's one of the most disingenuous athletes out there, but he's smart and very talented, and I really don't care about basketball that much, so whatever. 

Edited by WildCard
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, WildCard said:

Considering it a mistake depends on what his goal was

Personally I think he's one of the most disingenuous athletes out there, but he's smart and very talented, and I really don't care about basketball that much, so whatever. 

I'll never understand how anyone thinks LeBron is disingenuous. He's a legitimately good dude, good father and husband, does a ton for charity including funding a public school to help underprivileged kids get to college. The collapsing to the court crying after bringing Cleveland a title? If that was fake, he's among the greatest actors of all time. And so on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hoss said:

LeBron was torn apart for going ring chasing in Miami.

As you and TrueBlue probably know, I'm very much an outsider on all things bouncyball.  But anyway, the negative response there seemed to me to be more about the whole announcement, as WIldCard suggested.  That whole thing was a classic wrestling heel turn, so I hope it was intentional that he did it on a wresting-style stage.  I'm sure some already didn't like him at that point, but he instantly became the villain.  I don't remember as much spin about ring chasing there, but that may be clouded by the hindsight of knowing that it wasn't all that successful in that regard.

I like your line in the other post about exploring his power.  I was thinking of that whole announcement as a failed experiment, so that's very much along the same lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...