The other sports thread

Eleven

Great game. Great outcome. Not too happy with the bozos in T.O. that throw beer cans but what can ya do ? The league will be happy with t.o. winning because now they don't have to deal with the fallout from that asinine call made earlier in the game and the subsequent protest made by jays management.

Was it really an infant? If so, why was an infant at a baseball game?

I've taken my son to several sporting events and he's just over a year old. While it may not be practical or ideal, it's allowed and some would argue a thing people should be able to do. I don't have an issue with parents taking their kids to an event. It will most likely be a waste of money on their part if the kid gets unruly.

Was it really an infant? If so, why was an infant at a baseball game?

I've taken my son to several sporting events and he's just over a year old. While it may not be practical or ideal, it's allowed and some would argue a thing people should be able to do. I don't have an issue with parents taking their kids to an event. It will most likely be a waste of money on their part if the kid gets unruly.

The woman they showed had two kids, both crying (mom and kids), while another woman she was with and security were pointing up into the crowd. They had front row seats behind the plate, so I would bet they didn't imagine they would be around unruly people.

I honestly wonder if she'll sue the Blue Jays. She could probably get some settlement 

I guess I just don't get it. I can't fathom taking an infant to a sporting event. It just seems inappropriate. I could see if the child is old enough to enjoy it, but when they don't even know what is going on is there even a point?

I guess I just don't get it. I can't fathom taking an infant to a sporting event. It just seems inappropriate. I could see if the child is old enough to enjoy it, but when they don't even know what is going on is there even a point?

Having the story, perhaps? It's still first hand even if you don't remember it, right? If something legendary had happened, that person would always be able to say that they were there.

They don't know what is going on with anything,  doesn't mean you dont want to do stuff with them :P

Definitely a choke, but you're never going to top the NYY in 2004 and the Cubs in 2003.

2004,sophomore year at UB, my student advisor lived next door. He was a senior and my booze connection. He was also a huge Sox fan. We went out for every Sox and Yankees game in that post season. Game 7 I stayed in. He returned to the floor, screaming "We did it, we did it!" the second the elevator doors opened. He then proceeded to drop me off a bottle of Jager and a bottle of goldschlager (my go to drinks of choice in college). It is, to this day the worst I've ever felt while drinking. And I'm a Bills fan!

"Jose Bautista came up and murdered a baseball dead, and now there are no more baseballs because they are all scared and hiding."

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/10/14/9535215/blue-jays-rangers-game-5-playoffs-postseason-how-what-oh-wait-no

"Jose Bautista came up and murdered a baseball dead, and now there are no more baseballs because they are all scared and hiding."

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/10/14/9535215/blue-jays-rangers-game-5-playoffs-postseason-how-what-oh-wait-no

PS I note that a Blue Jay slid into the catcher with little discernible intent to touch the plate to break up a double play in the seventh.

PS I note that a Blue Jay slid into the catcher with little discernible intent to touch the plate to break up a double play in the seventh.

That's just hard-nosed baseball  :rolleyes:

There is a specific rule against that to protect catchers.  Doesn't surprise me that it wasn't called though.  

Expect a new rule to protect middle infielders this offseason.  Yeah! More new rules in hindsight that will be ignored and/or randomly enforced.

That's just hard-nosed baseball  :rolleyes:

There is a specific rule against that to protect catchers.  Doesn't surprise me that it wasn't called though.  

Expect a new rule to protect middle infielders this offseason.  Yeah! More new rules in hindsight that will be ignored and/or randomly enforced.

No, the rule to protect catchers (the so-called Buster Posey rule) deals with blocking the plate; this was different.  Catcher had tagged home on a bases-loaded force out and the runner subsequently diverted his slide away from the plate and at the catcher's legs.  It doesn't look very different from the Utley play at all.

Edited by eleven

No, the rule to protect catchers (the so-called Buster Posey rule) deals with blocking the plate; this was different.  Catcher had tagged home on a bases-loaded force out and the runner subsequently diverted his slide away from the plate and at the catcher's legs.  It doesn't look very different from the Utley play at all.

Ok, all I know is that the catcher has to leave a path to home plate, which he obviously did on this play.  Sounds like the rule and whatever punishment should have been enforced.  

But, just like other leagues, MLB doesn't always enforce their own rules, except maybe in hindsight, so I'm not surprised.