The other sports thread

Eleven

Weird. Unless they get Kawhi this year, his Finals streak is likely cooked. I'm also mildly surprised he opted into the LaVar Ball circus. 

I'm betting Lonzo is moved out. Even if he's not, LeBron had a big 1:1 moment with him after a game this year, seems to like the kid

Edited by WildCard

I did NOT start this thread so that you jokers could start talking about basketball.

I'm betting Lonzo is moved out. Even if he's not, LeBron had a big 1:1 moment with him after a game this year, seems to like the kid

If LaVar goes mysteriously missing, can we just assume LeBron had one of his entourage do it? :lol:

I could see that if it was Harden who had it done. Dude does have a history of that after all :lol: :lol:

I don't like any of you.

Just start calling it bounceyball. That usually gets them worked up.

Well I mean... the ball does bounce. :bag:

Listen, I bitch about Sonny Gray every 5th day, but no one else cares!

I don't watch the NBA because I'm a Knicks fan, and I don't have to...but LeBron is the best player in the world and he just went to Magic's team.

PS-I love David Price

I for one greatly enjoy hearing your Yankees misery every Sonny Gray start. It is cathartic for my spiraling turd of a Blue Jays season. Vlad Jr. and Bichette can't get here soon enough.

I did NOT start this thread so that you jokers could start talking about basketball.

To get back on the thread topic...

...baseball, football, soccer, tennis, cricket, rugby, golf, volleyball are all 'other sports'

The summer sports lineup is baseball, golf, random college sports. When the NFL Network is showing "AFFL" flag football in an empty high school stadium and FS1 is showing Ice Cube's BIG3 basketball league with washed up former NBA'ers, its kind of tough to generate much new discussion on these random sports

i can't believe the Lakers just renounced the rights to Julius Randle in order to free up cap space to sign...Rajon Rondo. LeBron continues to demonstrate his basketball IQ doesn't extend to player personnel decisions.

Eleven, how do you feel about this? :p

Edited by TrueBlueGED

i can't believe the Lakers just renounced the rights to Julius Randle in order to free up cap space to sign...Rajon Rondo. LeBron continues to demonstrate his basketball IQ doesn't extend to player personnel decisions.

Eleven, how do you feel about this? :P

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1013896593018359808

Eleven, how do you feel about this? :P

Rondo dominates in the playoffs. He's a coach on the floor and still one of the best assist guys in the league. Sorry to see him leave New Orleans. He was a great fit here.

Boogie Cousins just took a 1 year $5.3 million deal to sign with Golden State. He ignored the cash in favor of ridiculously good chance to win a championship. The Warriors now have 5 All-Stars. Ridiculous.

Can Boogie play in a system designed around team ball though?

Can Boogie play in a system designed around team ball though?

He's recovering from a torn Achilles, so he may not be ready to go until December or so. I think most teams were reluctantly to give him a long-term deal until he shows he can still play at the same level. So, he took 1/3 of the money for a 1-year deal and a great chance at a ring. He's not a great defender, but is a matchup nightmare offensively and is a dominant rebounder. He'll get fewer minutes in Oakland, so he'll be effective. He fit in well with the Pels up-tempo system and the Warriors have the exact same system (our coach was an assistant under Steve Kerr prior to coming to New Orleans).

The Pels were on a tear beating the best teams in the NBA when Boogie tore his Achilles in garbage time during a win over the Rockets. That effectively killed the Pels season.

• 2 weeks later...

Heading up to Cleveland for the Yankees game today. I usually sit on the bleachers under the big scoreboard, but I splurged and got viewbox seats on the third base line. Never sat there before at Progressive. 

Heading up early to catch the WC final at a bar. I guess I’m rooting for Croatia?

Also, to put a bow on this “other sports” post.. it’ll be the first time I’ve ever been to Cleveland without the LeBron banner up. I’m curious what they replaced it with, if anything. 

29 minutes ago, EichSnipe said:

Heading up to Cleveland for the Yankees game today. I usually sit on the bleachers under the big scoreboard, but I splurged and got viewbox seats on the third base line. Never sat there before at Progressive. 

Heading up early to catch the WC final at a bar. I guess I’m rooting for Croatia?

Also, to put a bow on this “other sports” post.. it’ll be the first time I’ve ever been to Cleveland without the LeBron banner up. I’m curious what they replaced it with, if anything. 

They have a LeBron banner in the baseball stadium?

21 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The Jake is right next to Gund Arena. They're like 100 feet apart.

@EichSnipe what bar? E 4th St has a strip of them if I recall correctly. Last time I was there I think we hit all of them and ended at the Harry Buffalo. That was the last stop before the stadium if memory serves.

Of course, that was 2007 and CC was pitching for the Indian's vs The Twins and Santana.

10 hours ago, ubkev said:

The Jake is right next to Gund Arena. They're like 100 feet apart.

@EichSnipe what bar? E 4th St has a strip of them if I recall correctly. Last time I was there I think we hit all of them and ended at the Harry Buffalo. That was the last stop before the stadium if memory serves.

Of course, that was 2007 and CC was pitching for the Indian's vs The Twins and Santana.

Yeah, Harry Buffalo is the last stop before Quicken.. I haven’t been there since LeBron’s first Cleveland stint though.

Before Tribe games, I typically head for the bars on E 4th. Today we watched the WC from Corner Alley- that’s right on the corner of E 4th and Euclid. Nice spot! The nachos were underwhelming but the beer selection was good and I had a fantastic everything pretzel.

Disappointed that the Yankees didn’t get to Bauer early when they had the chance. 

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

Just outside, since the venues are so close!

http://abc7.com/sports/iconic-lebron-james-banner-coming-down-in-cleveland/3697418/

32 minutes ago, EichSnipe said:

The nachos were underwhelming but the beer selection was good and I had a fantastic everything pretzel.

Other than doing 66 in the left lane, this might be this most Ohio thing ever.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Other than doing 66 in the left lane, this might be this most Ohio thing ever.

You didn’t even let me get to the part where I dipped it in mustard!

And yes, my 7 minute backroad commute spares me the pleasure of passing people on the right every day.